Pregnancy...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amtoro

A few days ago, when I showed the EVSE in the garage to my parents who are visiting for a couple of weeks, they made a very interesting analogy:

Buying a Nissan LEAF is like expecting a baby; you plan it, try a few times sending RAQ's, order, wait a few months and in the meantime, prepare the nursery, buy essentials (all weather mats, charging port light, etc) schedule important things like the installation of the clear bra, and finally, wait for the call to let you know the new member of the family is finally arriving.

:lol:

scary analogy!! i have to say i fall into the "elite" category of having "carried" my Leaf to a near perfect term.

reserved April 20, 2010. delivered jan 18, 2011 that is like 9 months!

This litter still seems to be nursing:
Charging-Truck.png

At least we were all weaned off of gas right from the start.
Automotive evolution...

Our family started trying on 4/20/2010 but it was a long wait until the RAQ date of 9/29/2011. So it really felt like a dark long period of infertility.

On 10/3 when the order was confirmed it felt VERY MUCH like hearing of a positive preganancy test for each of my two children. That sense of fear and unknown and anticipation and excitement mixed with the urgent need to prepare, as well as the "how are we going to afford this?" anxiety.

The EVSE was finally put in place last weekend after painting and decorating the "car nursery". I'll be installing the garage door opener this weekend. I'm actually considering carpeting the garage -- It shouldn't be dripping any oil...

Our little LEAFY is due the week of January 9th (and yes I ordered the vanity plate already.)

The latest upgrade to the garage has been some safety-orange duct tape on the concrete floor parallel to the walls and at the back so I can always park in reverse, straight and leave enough room at the back for opening the hatch, move about and not hit the bikes or motorcycle.

I will post a pic tonight ;)

This analogy occurred to me last spring when we started preparations. Inasmuch as there would be some "construction", I posted a "permit". The Ecotality contract was nailed to the wall in the spot where the EVSE was to go (at least, where I thought it was going to go). I also took pictures of that and the eventual installation, but it's really wasn't noteworthy enough to post.

When we ordered in 2010, the gestation period of a LEAF wasn't even known.

Back