Potential New 2015 Leaf Leaser - Need Some Advice

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will be marginal for sure, and if so, I can just give it to my wife and I can use her 2008 Prius. No problemo. Either way the family moves closer to electrification.

-MKL

A few men here lost use of their Leafs that they bought for themselves and/or their wives initially hated the car. But then the wives took the car for themselves after discovering how nicely they drive and aren't as much of a lifestyle change as they initially thought. If your wife's daily commute falls well within the Leaf's range, you could very well find yourself joining them :lol:

Well, I did it. Pulled the trigger on the 2015 Black on Black SL with Premium this morning, and managed to get it for even less - $325 / mo. 24 mos/ 15k per year. $1500 total down, all in. Drove it 40 miles home just a few hours ago. It will be interesting to compare and contrast with my former Volt, but so far, it's a kick.

I do have a question though - I'd like some mudguards if possible, and the dealer wanted $190 (!!!) for them. Does anyone know where to buy genuine accessories at sane prices? Online perhaps? I couldn't find them on Amazon.

-MKL

moshelevy said:
Well, I did it. Pulled the trigger on the 2015 Black on Black SL with Premium this morning, and managed to get it for even less - $325 / mo. 24 mos/ 15k per year. $1500 total down, all in. Drove it 40 miles home just a few hours ago. It will be interesting to compare and contrast with my former Volt, but so far, it's a kick.

I do have a question though - I'd like some mudguards if possible, and the dealer wanted $190 (!!!) for them. Does anyone know where to buy genuine accessories at sane prices? Online perhaps? I couldn't find them on Amazon.

-MKL

Congratulations on the purchase. http://parts.nissanusa.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; lets you select the part or accessory you want, then gives you a list of nearby individual dealers. Unfortunately you have to click on each one to get the price, but it beats calling each one for a price.

I was able to get a cargo cover (not standard with my car) for a bit of a discount below MSRP.

If you drive 106 miles a day, 5 days a week, and 52 weeks a year, that is 27,560 miles per year.

Just a bit over the 15,000 / year your lease would allow.

Too late....
moshelevy said:
Hello All-
Anyway, I've been riding my motorcycle as sole transportation since I gave the Volt back, and now it's time to get a car. I realize that next year is going to see a roll out of many improvements - new Volt, new Leaf coming soon, possibly an Infiniti variant, and so on. I really don't want to be stuck in a 2015 for more than 2 years. So, long story short, I called Chevy and they're not leasing for less than 36 months. That's a dealbreaker for me.
Any advice appreciated.

-MKL
Consider renting a car (Enterprise, Hertz, Penske, etc) for a couple months. Rates tend to be similar to lease payments on my Leaf (about $500/Month).

At work, we have a visiting researcher who is often here for a month at a time (his family is back in India). He gets nearly new cars every visit. His last car had 11 miles on it when he picked it up.

NeilBlanchard said:
If you drive 106 miles a day, 5 days a week, and 52 weeks a year, that is 27,560 miles per year.

Just a bit over the 15,000 / year your lease would allow.

Don't worry about me. First of all, unless it's snowing, raining, icy, or I need to carry something large, you will find me on a motorcycle, not in a car. Second, I've been leasing since the 1990s. I know all about mileage limits and so forth. No worries.

-MKL

moshelevy said:

Can you post the purchase price and residual value as they were listed on your lease contract? (that's what really drives your monthly payments, even if you're not planning to buy the car)

I'm negotiating a lease on a SL+Premium here in Los Angeles and that would help me a lot.

Thanks!

moshelevy said:
... I wonder, however, about winter use, and a 53 mile commute that is maybe 45 solid miles of 75mph minimum.

I wonder about that too. Why is 75mph the "minimum"?

Congrats on the LEAF. You'll find that the most reliable way to increase your range is to slow down a bit.

And since you only plan on driving the LEAF during inclement weather, keep in mind that rain/show/ice decrease the range. Fortunately those are good times to slow down. ;)

WetEV said:
moshelevy said:
I called around here, and Nissan is dealing in 24 month leases. Best I could find was an SL with Premium Package (the car I would want) for $350.00 / mo. @ 15k miles per year for 24 months. $1500 total out of pocket to drive off. I didn't care much about residual or anything else because I'm not buying the car - just using it to tide me through to the next gen coming out soon.

A local dealer (Magic Nissan, talk to Ray) is offering this. Usually a Magic has a very fair initial price.

Leaf SL w/ premium $34,042 24 mon
$O DOWN $345
$1000 DOWN $303

Note, this is in Washington State, and 12k miles per year.

Hmmmm. I live in Kirkland and test drove one from Eastside Nissan. Have not talked numbers with them yet but expect them to be higher because they are in Bellevue. I did call Campbell Nelson in Edmonds and was quoted the following:

2015 SV model
no premium, no quick charger
36 mo, 12k miles/yr
$0 down, $366/mo
MSRP $33,220
Sale price after credits $24,876
Residual $12,955
MF 0.00003

It looks like the deal from Magic is better because it's the SL model?

The deal you quote is for the elusive-but-real "Base SV" with no Premium Package. I wouldn't go for that, but if you really don't care about being able to see around the car or having a decent stereo, I suppose it's ok. The Base SV exists mainly so they can advertise a low price and then sell you one of the ones with PP that they actually have in stock.

LeftieBiker said:
The deal you quote is for the elusive-but-real "Base SV" with no Premium Package. I wouldn't go for that, but if you really don't care about being able to see around the car or having a decent stereo, I suppose it's ok. The Base SV exists mainly so they can advertise a low price and then sell you one of the ones with PP that they actually have in stock.

You would not go for it because you prefer one with the premium package or because you think the deal is not good? I think the premium package will add $30/mo to the lease, but yes, I'm not interested in the bird's eye camera view (I actually prefer parking sensors over a camera but my car currently has neither anyway) and not interested in the extra speakers. If the SL can be had under the same pricing I wouldn't say no to it of course.

You would not go for it because you prefer one with the premium package or because you think the deal is not good?

Both, really, but I got a great deal that I doubt can be duplicated now. I made a $2k down payment, but it works out to about $204 per month, if I extend the lease on my 2013 SV for a third year. If your deal includes all taxes, I paid another $1k in NY sales tax, sadly. That makes it about $232 a month with tax.

dman2509 said:
Hmmmm. I live in Kirkland and test drove one from Eastside Nissan. Have not talked numbers with them yet but expect them to be higher because they are in Bellevue. I did call Campbell Nelson in Edmonds and was quoted the following:

2015 SV model
no premium, no quick charger
36 mo, 12k miles/yr
$0 down, $366/mo
MSRP $33,220
Sale price after credits $24,876
Residual $12,955
MF 0.00003

It looks like the deal from Magic is better because it's the SL model?

Campbell Nelson are good people (I've bought a Leaf there), but you probably could keep shopping for a lower price for a while.

Magic Nissan was leasing that model (Sv no QC no premium) $0 down, $299 for 36 months. That is a VPP price, and this price is a month old. Things change, but you probably can get this or close. Talk to Ray.

Got some numbers from Ray.

$0 down, $295/mo for SV with no premium (silver car though).
$651 down, $277/mo

or SV with premium pkg
$0 down, $315/mo
$671 down, $297/mo

Hawaii Sales tax is 4.167%
MSRP on the S models we have in stock are $30,230 and include splash guards & floor mats
Invoice on our S models are : $28,895
Your Price: $29,999
Documentation fees: $245
Acq. fees: 595
Nissan leases sales taxes are paid monthly so for this model your bases payments is:
$252.83 + sales tax of $10.54 monthly for a monthly total of $263.37
Money factor is $.00003
Your downpayment is $2399 out of pocket

Is this a good deal please?

Picked up my 2015 SV with Quick Charge/LED package and the usual splash guards/floormats last night
0 down, $295 per month, 24 month lease, !5,000 miles per year or could have done $255 with $1,000 down. Three year lease quotes were about $10 per month cheaper with $1000 down. If you put more money down (not a good idea) the 24 month leases actually start becoming cheaper than the 36 month.
Returning Leaf Lessee so $1,000 extra kicked in. Sale price was about $3100 under MSRP.
Eastside, Campbell, and Magic were all in the same ballpark after negotiating and probably could have done a tad bit better but had to turn my 2012 Leaf in 11/1 and needed to get the deal done.
No Sales tax in Washington State

I pulled the trigger yesterday and wanted to share my deal with you guys.

2015 SV with QC, no premium, floor mats and holographic kickplates (the latter I wasn't looking for btw)

36mo, 12k miles/yr
$0 down
$305/mo for 35 months
MSRP $32,678.47
Credit $8,575.00
Residual $13,642.20
MF 0.00003

My observations so far:
- seating position isn't great. No thigh support and the seat is a bit shallow (I'm 5'10") and feels like it slants forward a bit. No telescoping steering wheel doesn't help.
- people have reported issues with the EZ charge card. Haven't tried it yet. I plan on doing the majority of the charging at home anyways.
- in the rain the backup camera can get obstructed from water drops

Back