Post Your Order Details Here

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
State: CA
Metro area: San Francisco (we're North of SF in Marin County)

Color/trim: Cayenne Red, Black interior / 2015 SV
Options: LED/QC package and Premium Package (Bose sound system, Around View monitor)
Accessories: Cargo net, splash guards, floor mats

Lease: 3 yr, 36 K miles, $263/mo, plus tax, $2,500 down

Delivery: 8/24/2014
Dealer: Nissan Marin. Friendly, but some hiccups during the ordering/delivery process (car I wanted from another dealer got sold from under us, so they had to find another one that matched what I wanted)

State: GA
Metro area/city : Atlanta (leased from Town Center Nissan in Kennesaw)

Color/trim: Grey / S
Options: w/ QC
Accessories: None

Lease: 2 yrs / 15K miles
Monthly: $275 (flat, taxes included)
Down: $75 (tag)
Disposition fee: $395
2 yr Sub Total: $7070
Rebates: -$5000
2 yr Total: $2070
Monthly: $86.25

First date able to request a quote (RAQ): 8/25/14
Actual order date (when quote was accepted): 8/27/14

Dealer: Town Center Nissan Kennesaw

Delivery date: (Picked up same day) 8/27/14

Plans for home charging: Level 1 for now, just ordered level 2 though.

State : CA
Metro area/city : SF bay area

Color/trim: Cayenne Red/ 2015 Leaf S
Options: floor/cargo mat,quick charge port

Total MSRP+destination charge: 31,8xx
Total quote/price accepted (excluding tax/license): 28,800 (Before finance rebate $3500)
Purchase or lease?: purchase with 0% finance

Bought 5-year Nissan security plus for $940+tax (a little regret for buying that now...)

so total i paid $29,161 (including everything,tax, document fee, reg fee,...), 0% finance.

Dealer: Steven Creeks Nissan

Delivery date: 09/13/2014

min68 said:
Bought 5-year Nissan security plus for $940+tax (a little regret for buying that now...)

Read the fine print. You may be able to get a refund within a limited time frame (often a month).

State : CA
Metro area/city : Los Angeles

Color/trim: Gunmetal Gray / 2015 Leaf SV
Options: floor/cargo mat, quick charge port, premium package (bose/cameras), cargo cover

Total MSRP: $36,530
Total quote/price accepted (excluding tax/license): $34,550.50 (before finance rebate $3500)
Purchase or lease?: Purchase @ 0%

Bought 5-year Nissan security plus for $1100, no tax, folded into financing*

After fees, taxes (9%, ugh), trade-in ($3000), discount on the cargo cover ($250), out the door $39,209.45.

Dealer: Nissan of Valencia

Delivery date: 29 Sept 2014, drove it home.

*debated this for a long time. They wanted $1400 after a $200 AAA discount, and I balked--$1400 for two years peace of mind was too much. She knocked another $300 and folded it into financing, and I took it. It's hot as hell here and I worry about those batteries in years four and five. And it's pro-rated, so if I bail in Year 4 I get money back.

jeblucas said:
Bought 5-year Nissan security plus for $1100, no tax, folded into financing*...

*debated this for a long time. They wanted $1400 after a $200 AAA discount, and I balked--$1400 for two years peace of mind was too much. She knocked another $300 and folded it into financing, and I took it. It's hot as hell here and I worry about those batteries in years four and five. And it's pro-rated, so if I bail in Year 4 I get money back.
I don't really understand this. I believe that the extended warranty — if that's what "security plus" means — is for things that are covered by the usual three year warranty. That has nothing to do with the battery and heat. The battery is already covered by a longer warranty for defects — if a cell fails, for example. And it is covered for 60 months/60,000 miles for declining capacity — Nissan warrants that it will remain above 66% capacity (nine or more capacity bars on the dash) or they will replace the pack with one that is. (So far all replacements under the capacity warranty have been with new battery packs, but that is not required under the terms of the capacity warranty.) The extended warranty you purchased should have nothing to do with this.

dgpcolorado said:
jeblucas said:
Bought 5-year Nissan security plus for $1100, no tax, folded into financing*...

I don't really understand this. I believe that the extended warranty — if that's what "security plus" means — is for things that are covered by the usual three year warranty. That has nothing to do with the battery and heat. The battery is already covered by a longer warranty for defects — if a cell fails, for example. And it is covered for 60 months/60,000 miles for declining capacity — Nissan warrants that it will remain above 66% capacity (nine or more capacity bars on the dash) or they will replace the pack with one that is. (So far all replacements under the capacity warranty have been with new battery packs, but that is not required under the terms of the capacity warranty.) The extended warranty you purchased should have nothing to do with this.
Ok? Is that what you want to hear? The extended warranty extends the warranty. Aspects of the battery system are under warranty for six years per the factory, yes. And the factory warranty is three years on most everything else. I am paying for years four and five to extend the warranty to cover the years I plan on owning the car.

There's a weird vibe on this site that makes me feel like unless I squeezed the absolute balls out of the dealership, I got ripped off and should feel like a chump. Is that a sentiment that belongs in the Newbie board?

jeblucas said:
Ok? Is that what you want to hear? The extended warranty extends the warranty. Aspects of the battery system are under warranty for six years per the factory, yes. And the factory warranty is three years on most everything else. I am paying for years four and five to extend the warranty to cover the years I plan on owning the car.

There's a weird vibe on this site that makes me feel like unless I squeezed the absolute balls out of the dealership, I got ripped off and should feel like a chump. Is that a sentiment that belongs in the Newbie board?
Wow. That seems a bit harsh. If I misunderstood your statement about "It's hot as hell here and I worry about those batteries in years four and five" as relating to the extended warranty, since the battery is already covered under the five year capacity warranty, then I'm sorry. Many people here have purchased extended warranties in case expensive electronics fail after year three, for example the On Board Charger.

How you interpreted my comment to come up with your last paragraph has me baffled. I'll be sure to never respond to your posts ever again.

Atlanta, GA
2015 Leaf S w/QC, floor/cargo mats, splashguards
Invoice (incl marketing): 30465
Sale price: 28490
Dealer fee: 734
NMAC rebate: -3500
Total taxable: 25724
Tax: 1736.37 (replaces sales tax and annual ad valorem)
Title: 18
GA lemon law: 3
Total out-the-door: 27481.37
Financed 0% for 36 mos.
Purchased 9/29/04 at Stone Mountain Nissan
Several dealers offered almost an identical price (Town Center, Conyers). A couple were $200 higher (Gwinnett, AutoNation Marietta, Regal).

This is my 2nd Leaf (2014 S too). We're now ICE free! The 2015 seems to get a bit more range and has some efficiency upgrades that seem to help with that. I've only driven it 120 miles, so still experimenting. I'll easily get over 100 miles range with this charge.

State: CA
Color/trim: 2015 SV
Options: LED/QC package, floor mat, splash guard
MSRP: $34,850
Sale Price: $30,320 (13% off MSRP!)
Discounts/costs in addition to the sale price:
- $3500 NMAC (for financing through Nissan)
- $1000 (Nissan loyalty)
+ $880 shipment from Bay Area to San Diego
+ tax/licensing. No junk fees!
Finance: 0%, 36 months

Delivery: 10/2/2014
Dealer: Northbay Nissan.

This is my second Leaf (my 2011 Leaf was crushed by tree). This has been the best car buying experience I've had so far. I was very incredulous at the pricing; no other dealer was able to come close to it, because it's clearly far below invoice (and below even VPP discounts). I don't see how they were able to sell for so cheap, but hey, I'll take it. The internet sales manager, Joel, was very responsive over email and text. He fedex overnighted the paperwork for me to sign, and included a return overnight envelope. Purchasing a car this way was much better than in person; you don't have to wait around, and play games, and deal with financing people. No hassle!

NC3jTEm.jpg

State: WA
Metro area: Seattle/Tacoma

Color/trim: Gunmetal Gray, Black interior / 2015 S
Options: QC package
Accessories: floor mats

Lease: 3 yr, 12K/yr, $171/mo after $2,050 down from 2001 Honda Civic trade-in, money factor 0.00003 for a total interest of $32(!). residual $12,300, $350 disposition fee if return, $8750 in federal and NMAC, WA sales tax exemption helped keep monthly payment down, 32,000 msrp down to 27,995 also helped.

Delivery: 9/28/2014
Dealer: Tacoma Nissan. Internet sales guy Tom gave best offer out of 4 local dealerships, only one to put in writing. Haggling just had to do with getting dealer blue book value for Civic. Found edmunds.com and other sites very useful in getting what I think is a good price. Also seemed to be lots of September incentives to both customer and dealer. End-of-month negotiating highly recommended.I stay positive in negotiating, but even though I enjoy it, I'm always tired at the end of the process.

Best of all, love the LEAF! Charging at work during week, we will see how weekend charging goes.

kiko said:

Lease: 3 yr, 12K/yr, $171/mo after $2,050 down from 2001 Honda Civic trade-in [...]
Can you explain what that last part means? Your trade-in amounted to and covered the $2,050? Or payments &or down would have been higher if you hadn't traded in the Honda? If the latter, how much higher?

Curious because I got almost the exact same vehicle just a month ago but $2,500 down with $200 (+$17 tax) payments. CA rebates $2,500 though, so effectively $0 down, $217x36 payments for S w/QC (Gunmetal Gray, too :)). My "trade-in" was an (early) end-of-lease 2012 LEAF; they covered the last two payments due for it and gave other loyalty bonuses.

mbender said:
kiko said:

Lease: 3 yr, 12K/yr, $171/mo after $2,050 down from 2001 Honda Civic trade-in [...]
Can you explain what that last part means? Your trade-in amounted to and covered the $2,050? Or payments &or down would have been higher if you hadn't traded in the Honda? If the latter, how much higher?

Curious because I got almost the exact same vehicle just a month ago but $2,500 down with $200 (+$17 tax) payments. CA rebates $2,500 though, so effectively $0 down, $217x36 payments for S w/QC (Gunmetal Gray, too :)). My "trade-in" was an (early) end-of-lease 2012 LEAF; they covered the last two payments due for it and gave other loyalty bonuses.

Mbender, we originally were email quoted $189/mo with $2k down, same 0.00003 residual. Asked about 0 down (recommended here and elsewhere for leases), and they had a special of 212/mo with 0 down, same residual. Surprisingly (to me), the 0 down 212/mo lowered the price from 29k to 28k off 32k MSRP. We decided to trade in the Civic for three reasons: cash flow, got 250 above dealer blue book, I like to buy cars but I don't like to sell them.

Metro area: Bellevue

Color/trim: White Pearl / 2015 S with QC

$1500 down and 205 for 35mth. 12K.
Looks like I've got a bad deal compare the the one above.

State : Massachusetts
Metro area/city : Maynard

Color/trim: silver S
Options: charging package, backup camera
Accessories:

Total MSRP+destination charge:
Total quote/price accepted (excluding tax/license): $288/month 12,000/year 3 year lease
Additional fees: lease includes scratch & dent coverage
Purchase or lease?: lease

Dealer: Marlboro Nissan

Delivery date: 14 Oct 2014

Plans for home charging: JuiceBox Premium

This is the third Leaf in my family, and the fifth EV. (There are two i MiEV's, as well.)

tate : NJ
Metro area/city : Central

Color/trim: silver SV
Options: LED and QC

Total MSRP+destination charge: $34,580
Total quote/price accepted (excluding tax/license): $28,400
Purchase or lease?: purchase

Experience was very pleasant overall. Minimal haggling for what I felt was a reasonable price.
Was originally going to go with a '13 S at another dealer but it turned out to be a bait and switch.

State: Georgia
City: Atlanta

Color/Trim: Gunmetal Grey / 2015 Leaf S
Options: QC, Floor mats, tire replacement warranty

Dealer: AutoNation Marietta

Purchase or Lease: Lease

Leased: 09/30/14
Picked Up: 10/01/14

Charging: Nissan L1 at home / Clipper Creek HCS-40p L2 at the office

Note: Wife's company qualified us for Nissan VPP

Lease details: 36 month lease, 15,000 miles per year, no money down, dealer fees rolled into payment. Only first payment due at signing. Will owe $395 disposition at lease end. $11,800 buyout at lease end.

Payment breakdown:
$263 per month total payment
-$43.27 amortized tag and taxes
-$33.18 amortized lease origination and dealer fee
----------
$186.55 net lease rate

Super easy and fast transaction, possibly due to VPP. Leased last day of month, last day of quarter.

State: Georgia
City: Atlanta

Color/Trim: Brilliant Silver / 2015 Leaf SL w/ Premium Package - Around View and Bose
Options: Floor Mats & Cargo Area Mat, Splash Guards

Dealer: Capitol City Nissan

Purchase or Lease: Lease

Leased: 10/16/14 (Leaf loaner given)
Picked Up: 10/17/14 (Delivered)

Charging: Nissan L1 at home

Lease details: 24 month lease, 12,000 miles per year, first month pmt + tag on charge card = $425. Will owe $395 disposition at lease end. $18,955 buyout at lease end.

Payment breakdown:
$369 / mth all in

Sales rep:
Wayne
[email protected]
256-506-5471

Feedback? Fair deal?

Atlanta GA
Conyers Nissan-Don Kabot 770-283-7557
24 month lease
1st payment upfront
229 per month
Non quick charge with msrp at 30855
395 disposition fee
12k miles
VPP
No funny business....
Quick Charge was either 259 or 269.... Mall of Georgia was 259 for quick charge out the door, plus 25 visa gift card from their website.

Back