Post Your Order Details Here

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2014 SV, Pearl White with LED + Quick Charge Package.

Out the door at an even $35K here in the Los Angeles area.

1.9% for 60 months, and put $5K down.

Also interest in Pearl White with black interior. I am in LA (CA) area. anyone has good quote? What does QUICK CHARGE PACKAGE do, beside LED include? Does it allow provide the equipment that we can install at home for quick charge or just the vehicle provide condition to have quick charge hookup? Sorry I am new and should do more reading on quick charge.

3gleaf said:
Also interest in Pearl White with black interior. I am in LA (CA) area. anyone has good quote? What does QUICK CHARGE PACKAGE do, beside LED include? Does it allow provide the equipment that we can install at home for quick charge or just the vehicle provide condition to have quick charge hookup? Sorry I am new and should do more reading on quick charge.

Talk with Matt Mariani at Nissan of Duarte. Give him a buzz and I think he'll be able to get you a good deal for a '14.

3gleaf said:
...What does QUICK CHARGE PACKAGE do, beside LED include? Does it allow provide the equipment that we can install at home for quick charge or just the vehicle provide condition to have quick charge hookup? Sorry I am new and should do more reading on quick charge.
The Quick Charge package allows the car to use DC Fast Charge (DCFC) "Quick Charge" stations, if available, and upgrades the onboard charger (OBC) to 6 kW for Level 2 (240 Volt) charging at home.

A 6 kW OBC will allow the car to charge from empty to full in about three to four hours versus six to seven hours for the 3.3 kW charger that is standard on the LEAF S model. In order to take advantage of it one must have a 240 Volt Level 2 EVSE installed at your house; for maximum charge speed the EVSE should supply at least 30 Amps. When charging overnight the difference between 3.3 kW and 6.0 kW makes little difference for most people. The big advantage of the faster 6.0 kW charging is when using Level 2 charge stations away from home, since one spends less time getting the charge needed. However, the charge package makes no difference in charging speed at Level 1 (120 Volts), which is very slow.

DCFC chargers use 440 Volt DC to charge a LEAF to 80% in a half hour or so. DCFC chargers are very expensive, have significant power requirements to hook-up, and are not available for the home. You can determine whether you have any DCFC charge stations in your area by taking a look at websites such as plugshare.com or by asking LEAF owners who live in your area. Many large urban areas have some and more can be expected in the future. The only quick chargers that work for the LEAF are called "Chademo". The LEAF can't use the Tesla Supercharger system.

State : IL

Color/trim: Gun Metallic/ SV
Options: LED/QC, Floor mats, splash guards

Total MSRP+destination charge: 34,800
Total quote/price accepted (excluding tax/license): 32,800
Total discount (or markup): 2,000 + 7,500 Fed and 4,000 State
Additional fees: NA
Purchase or lease?: Purchase

Date/time of reservation: Feb

Delivery date: Late April/Early May

Plans for home charging: Solar panels + Level 2 charger

State : Minnesota
Metro area/city : Mpls-St Paul / Oak Grove (North)

Color/trim: Metallic Slate / SL 2013 New off lot
Options: Splash Guard, Floor mats, Cargo Mat, Premium Package
Accessories: None

Total MSRP+destination charge: $37,055.00
Total quote/price accepted (excluding tax/license):
Total discount (or markup): 1,000 7,500 9,666.39
Additional fees:
Purchase or lease?: Lease @ 350.61

Date/time of reservation: N/a
Designated order month: N/a
First date able to request a quote (RAQ): N/a
Actual order date (when quote was accepted): 25 Feb 2014

Dealer: Kline Nissan Maplewood MN

Delivery date: 26 Feb 2014

Plans for home charging: Working on this item, for now it will be 120/12.5amp.

State : New Jersey
Metro area/city : South Orange

Color/trim: Gun Metallic / SV 2014 off of lot
Options: Splash Guard, Floor mats, LED and Quick Charge Package
Accessories: None

Total MSRP+destination charge: 34,800 plus 600 in dealer fees, 35,400 overall
Total quote/price accepted: 32000 inc. Delivery and tags, no NJ sales tax, will get full Federal rebate of 7500. Net cost: 24,500
Total discount (or markup):
Additional fees: none - all included
Purchase or lease?: Purchase, 2500 down, 1.9 apr/5 years = about 525/month

Actual order date (when quote was accepted): 14 March 2014

Dealer: Ramsey Nissan, Ramsey NJ

Delivery date: 15 March 2014

Plans for home charging: Juice Box delivered, installing it tomorrow.

So, overall about 10% off MSRP, not including 2478$ in NJ tax I didn't have to pay.

March 27th Bay Area Lease

2014 Leaf S with quick Charge

3 Year 36k miles, 2.5k down, out the door (including first months payment and all fees)
179 per month + tax for 35 payments.
Excludes CA 2.5k rebate.

Hope this helps... I think there is a little more space.

State : SC
Metro area/city : FortMill / Charlotte

Color/trim:Ocean blue
Options: fast charger
Purchase or lease?: Lease

Dealer: Scott Clark Nissan

Delivery date: 3/28/2014

Plans for home charging: charger ordered from Lowes

2014 Leaf S with charger package and floor mats.
Purchased (not leased) in Los Angeles, CA
on 4/25/2014

Dealership: Nissan of Van Nuys (Michael Skierka, dealer)

MSRP: $31,400
Savings from using TrueCar and Costco Auto program: $2987
(Dealer matched the TrueCar price! About $500 less than Costco price!)
Sale price: $28,413

Taxes, License, Documentary Fees: $2,956.37
Nissan Cash back: $2500

Total Cost including taxes and Nissan Cash back: $28,869.37

Down payment: $6,000
Amount financed: $22,869.37 at 0% over 72 months
Monthly payment: $317.63

After I get my $2500 CA rebate in September, and my $7500 next year with my tax refund. . .
My net out-of-pocket cost after car is paid off (including all taxes, rebates, etc.):
$18,869.37

2014 Leaf S with Quick Charge and floor mats
Leased from Connell Nissan in Costa Mesa 4/30/14
12k/mi
Black

Down- $500 + first month payment
Monthly- $278 including taxes

I was considering doing that EVSE conversion where you can plug it in to the dryer plug or regular 120V outlet. Either that or I will have a Level @ charger installed in my garage.

Does anyone have an experience with that conversion
http://evseupgrade.com/?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cmrandyh said:
Does anyone have an experience with that conversion
http://evseupgrade.com/?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Many of us use EVSE Upgrade as our primary EVSE. They have done thousands of upgrades; I'd venture to guess that it is the most common type of Level 2 EVSE used by LEAF owners.

The Nissan/Panasonic EVSE on which the upgrade is done is one of the most rugged and reliable available. It also has the advantage of being portable in case you need to charge away from home.

If you are using a dryer outlet, those receptacles aren't made for hundreds of plug/unplug cycles. If you mostly just leave it in place then that isn't a problem. If the dryer outlet is no longer being used for a dryer you could convert it to an L6-30 outlet for a more robust and easy-to-use twist-lock connection.

State : Georgia
Metro area/city : Atlanta
Dealer: Cronic Nissan (Griffin, GA)

Leased 4/28/14, 24 months/24k miles (.10/mile over 24k miles)

Color/trim: Blue 2014 S
Options: Charge package
Accessories: Floor mats and cargo mat
Total MSRP+destination charge: $31,250

Agreed value: $28,208.48 (Not VPP)
Adding the $595 acquisition fee, the Gross Capitalized Cost was: 28803.48
(There's no sales tax in Georgia, on either the 'purchase price' or the lease payment, but there is a one-time title ad valorem tax which came to $1335.91 on my deal.)

Monthly lease payment: $268.55, but I had a $650 trade-in, so the 'real' monthly payment would have been $295.63.
Drive out = 1st month's payment of $268.55

Plans for home charging: Trickle charger

Here's how the math worked out for me:
$ 650.00 trade-in
$ 268.55 1st months payment
$ 6176.65 total of remaining 23 payments
$ 395.00 disposition fee at lease end (since I don't want to buy this car at the end of the lease)

$ 7490.20 Total of all payments over 2 years ($312.09/month)

Georgia has a state income tax credit of 20% UP TO $5000.00. I *think* this is based on the agreed on value of the car. I haven't been able to get this confirmed yet. I've had various people tell me it was based on MSRP (which seems possible) and on the adjusted capitalized cost (which seems unlikely).

If it is based on the adjusted cap cost, I'll only get a tax credit of $ 4395.68. I think I'll get the full $5k, but for now I'm assuming the lower value.

If so, that reduces my 'total' over 2 years to $ 3094.52, which would be $128.94 as a monthly cost.

Estimating my total miles over 2 years at 20,000...

and figuring in my additional costs for increased insurance (I traded in a 20 year old car with 270k miles, so it didn't cost much to insure...) and electricity (8 cents/kwh and figuring 4 miles added to range for each kwh of charging) I came up with $1396.00 in added costs.

Savings for Gas I WON'T need to purchase for my previous car (20.5 mpg at $3.59/gal for the same 20,000 miles) plus oil changes, plus emissions inspections, plus annual ad valorem tax, plus $800 in repairs that I expected to need... my reduced costs over the next two years come to $4470.44.

That puts my overall total at $ 20.08 to drive the car for two years... about 84 cents a month.

If I actually manage to replace a full 24000 miles of ICE driving at 20.5 mpg with Leaf miles, I get a net savings of over $600 over 2 years... ($25.88 a month).

I had so much fun making up a spreadsheet that I could plug all these numbers into... and I'm having even more fun driving my new Leaf.

State : Georgia
Metro area/city : Atlanta

Color/trim: Pearl White 2014 Leaf SV

Total MSRP+destination charge:
Total quote/price accepted (excluding tax/license): $305/mo for 24 month
Purchase or lease?: Lease

Date/time of reservation: Saturday, May 10th
Delivery: Saturday, May 10th

Dealer: Town Center Nissan in Kennesaw, GA

Plans for home charging: Level 1 Charging (for now)

Had a very interesting time at the dealership today. Was quoted one price for an S w/QC over email and go in to the dealership and was told something else. Also claimed to have an S model on hold for me but they did not.
Ended up in the SV after hours of negotiation.
I worked with Patricia in Internet sales and she was super helpful and would definitely recommend her. However her boss (or something) Percy Sledge was a nightmare to deal with and honestly one of the worst displays of customer service I have ever seen. Everyone else at the dealership was very helpful.

Very happy with the car though. Excited to drive it some more!

so here are my details, let me know how i did??

Purchase
Color/trim: 2013 Metallic Slate SV
Options: LED +Quick Charge, Performance Package, Carpet Mats
Accessories: Floor mats and cargo mat
Total MSRP+destination charge: $35,919

Agreed value: $28,000.00 (Not VPP) with destination charge all included + tax.

Other rebates:
-7500 federal
-~3000 IL state rebate

which will get my price to 17.5K

what do you guys think???

I hope used purchases also qualify for this thread.

State : Missouri (car purchased on Kansas side)
Metro area/city : Kansas City

Color/trim: 2012 Red SL
Options:QC Package
Accessories: Cargo area cover, cargo net, dealer threw in a 2nd key fob which the previous owner had not turned back in.

Total MSRP+destination charge: N/A (used)
Total quote/price accepted (excluding tax/license): $19,989
Total discount (or markup): N/A
Additional fees: $495 dealer prep :-(
Purchase or lease?: purchase

Date/time of reservation: N/A (used)
Designated order month: N/A (used)
First date able to request a quote (RAQ): N/A (used)
Actual order date (when quote was accepted): N/A (used)

Dealer: Hendrick Nissan of Kansas City - http://www.hendricknissan.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Delivery date: 4/12/2014

Plans for home charging: Clipper Creek LCS-25P with 14-30 "dryer" plug. Ordered in 2013 to receive 30% EVSE tax credit.

This is an off-lease vehicle that was local to Kansas City. Mileage: 11,495 at time of delivery. I then drove it about 500 miles during the first week of ownership. I didn't have a LEAF Spy report at the time, but I have since run it and got an 89% battery health. So I'm hoping to get one more season without a bar loss, which I hear is at about 85%.

My commute will be 12 miles one-way and I have a free-to-me L2 station at work as well. My hope this car will get me to the LEAF 2.0 (or Tesla) in 2017 such that the battery degradation will still allow my normal commute. Having done a bit more homework in the meantime, perhaps I could have waited until a 2013 was available with the 6.6KW charger, non-resistance heater, etc. Nonetheless, I'm very happy with my purchase and I'm loving the EV lifestyle.

California SF bay area
2014 Perl white SL
Premium package, splash guards, floor mats and cargo area mat
MSRP $37,240.00
Price Accepted $31,426.00 with $2,500 MFG rebate.
With state and federal incentives at $10K and a down payment from sales of my ICE, it's a pretty sweet deal.

Additional Fees: doc 80, reg transfer 29, license 220, registration 90, tire 7
Purchase
Boardwalk Nissan, Redwood City Ca.
Delivery 5/17/14
Clipper Creek HCS-40P Nema 14-50 to J1772 50 amp supply.

I was looking for a white/gray SV with the charger option. I sent blanket a web request through an auto website to most local nissan dealers. Boardwalk Nissan got back to me in under 10 minutes by phone. They could get the car I wanted, but had an SL white/black. Would I be interested in looking a that model? I don't think so, I'm looking for a SV etc. This went on for a while, then I said I'd look at the SL. The sales guy called back saying his manager would not consider shipping the car I wanted from another dealer, was I still interested in seeing the SL? OK. We drove the SL and at the time it was not exactly what I wanted. The SL has a black leather interior, but the discounts offered were a big incentive. We went with the SL after a test drive and some back and forth over leather vs fabric. FWIW the leather is more a charcoal gray than black.

Now I'm happy we went with the leather interior over the fabric! It all worked out.
The buying experience at Boardwalk Nissan was surprisingly easy and low pressure.
There were a few more fees than I expected, but none were outrageous.

All in all I do recommend checking in with Chris Davis @ Boardwalk Nissan.

State : California
Metro area/city : Central Coast/ Bay Area

Color/trim: Blue Ocean, shipped from another dealer
Options: Splash Guard, Floor mats, Cargo Mat, Charger Package

Total MSRP+destination charge: $31400
Total quote/price accepted (excluding tax/license): 29935
Discounts: 3500 Nissan rebate, financing 0% APR 72 months, 2500 CA rebate, 7500 Federal
Total Net price: 16535 (not including taxes and fees of about $2500)

Purchase or lease?: Purchase @ 357/month

Actual order date (when quote was accepted): 14 June 2014

Delivery date: 17 June 2014

Plans for home charging: 110 charger, maybe upgrade to 220 later

California SF bay area
2014 Leaf S Blue Ocean
Premium package, splash guards, floor mats and cargo area mat
MSRP $31425
Price Accepted $28,940 capital cost, lease with $3,000 down and $198(with taxes included) for 36 months
With state and federal incentives at $10K, they are actually paying me to drive the car.
Total amount for 36 months is $7100 and down payment is $3000 Total costs is $10,100 and there is $10k is fed and state incentives
Additional Fees: doc 80, reg transfer 29, license and registration $275, r, tire 7
Purchase Premier Nissan of Fremont
Boardwalk Nissan, Fremont Ca.
Delivery 5/20/2014
The 6.6 was included. Purchased an adapter for $650, My garage had 220 electricity(so I am in luck)

State : California
Metro area/city : San Diego

Color/trim: Cayenne Red 2014 Leaf SV

Total MSRP+destination charge: 34480
Total quote/price accepted (excluding tax/license): $32004
Purchase or lease?: Purchase

Delivery: Saturday, June 14

Dealer: Mossy Nissan Poway

Plans for home charging: Level 1 Charging (for now)

Planned to purchase Model S with quick charge package but none were available. Upgraded to Model SV. So far we're very happy. Our one way commute is 36 miles and we can technically make it round trip. However, we have access to Blink charging stations and take advantage of them during the work day.

Back