Poll : Are you having problems with your Blink EVSE ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you having problems with your Blink EVSE ?

• No problems at all !

Votes: 23 25.0%
  • Minor problems

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Wi-Fi connection problems

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • Crashes - does not affect charging

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • Crashes - affects charging

Votes: 24 26.1%
  • Others

Votes: 10 10.9%

• Total voters
Yeah - I noticed that everything went wonky at the end of the month, too, but it seems to be OK now.

Same here, and as you called it. Stats reset on UTC time, current month is local, but "current month's" stats are the UTC-linked ones. At least they had half a chance, using Linux.

Your timezone may vary. Especially in Argentina when the dams are full. (Google it if you don't believe me)

Hello Blinkers,
My charger seems to lock up every couple of days. Today I touched the screen to wake it and it said "processing" with a spinning ? mark. I left it for 4 hours to see if it would clear but no luck until I power cycled it.

Anyone else crashing this often?

bowthom said:
Hello Blinkers,
My charger seems to lock up every couple of days. Today I touched the screen to wake it and it said "processing" with a spinning ? mark. I left it for 4 hours to see if it would clear but no luck until I power cycled it.

Anyone else crashing this often?
Yah, at least once or twice a week. Mine just crashed (502 error) again yesterday. Just working up to starting a new support ticket. They've got problems.

Since the last firmware update I have had ground faults. Once two weeks ago, once last week and then last night. They say it is either firmware related (a fix is supposed to be coming out in the next few weeks) or the unit is no good. This is getting old. The only negative experience I have had with the car is related to Blink and charging. I am ready to get a different unit on my own. Could I still get the good rates form SDG&E? They could still get more accurate data from their smart meter.

Still no problems here. And I still can't respond to the poll, says the form was not accepted... That happens on my iPhone, iPad and MacBook pro!
G

davewill said:
Mine just crashed (502 error) again yesterday. Just working up to starting a new support ticket. They've got problems.

They told me the fix for the '502' system error should be in the next update. I can still charge okay with it on the screen, but it just doesn't record the data from the charge. Most of the time, it disappears on its own. I don't unplug it. If they don't get the data, that's their problem.

LEAFfan said:
They told me the fix for the '502' system error should be in the next update. I can still charge okay with it on the screen, but it just doesn't record the data from the charge. Most of the time, it disappears on its own. I don't unplug it. If they don't get the data, that's their problem.
But, I want the recorded data, too.

davekern said:
I am ready to get a different unit on my own.
Just mod your stock EVSE. Then get an adapter and you can plug it into the 6-50R that was installed for your Blink.

drees said:
davekern said:
Just mod your stock EVSE. Then get an adapter and you can plug it into the 6-50R that was installed for your Blink.

I read earlier about this but it was early on. What is the latest for mods, who, cost etc.? Can you point me in the right direction. I am ready. Great idea. Just modify it and use it instead of Blink until they get their act together.

davekern said:
drees said:
davekern said:

I read earlier about this but it was early on. What is the latest for mods, who, cost etc.? Can you point me in the right direction. I am ready. Great idea. Just modify it and use it instead of Blink until they get their act together.
http://evseupgrade.com/
I have the upgrade rev.2. Prices for the wall units should come down over time as competition and number of users increases.

That said, my Blink was recently installed. So far so good. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I call up Blink yesterday to explain the problems I have been having with the charger..The worst of the problems was that the charger shows a continuous charge 12 hours later..
The phone tech guys says it just the timer malfuctioning but the actual charging would of stopped..He says a repairmen would call the next few days to change a memory chip..I get a email instead stating that they do not have a fix yet for this issue.. :shock:
So I guess I just unplug the charger for now after use.. :(

I've been using Level 1 so far since I don't have the Blink unit yet. Considering all the problems I keep reading about, I'm in no rush. Let them fix as much as they can before they install mine. It'll be free since it's EV Project and I was planning to go L1 before getting accepted into that anyway, so I can do without. The only real issue is when I run the charge down to 1 bar (done only once so far) and want to charge back up during off-peak hours. I can't do that with Level 1, so there is some cost.

Rat said:
I've been using Level 1 so far since I don't have the Blink unit yet. Considering all the problems I keep reading about, I'm in no rush. Let them fix as much as they can before they install mine. It'll be free since it's EV Project and I was planning to go L1 before getting accepted into that anyway, so I can do without. The only real issue is when I run the charge down to 1 bar (done only once so far) and want to charge back up during off-peak hours. I can't do that with Level 1, so there is some cost.

Finally got my Blink installed about a week ago after using L1 for three months. I was somewhat worried as well after reading so many of these posts. So far I have had no problems with the set up or charging using the car's timer. (Knock on wood.)

Having L2 shortens the turn around time greatly, making the car much more usable for me.

I voted "minor problems" only because after about a month, I've had only one issue. The Blink screen was grayed out and said Processing—would not charge LEAF—lasted 20 minutes so I cut power and rebooted Blink—problem solved.

Yesterday I plugged in after a 68 mile day and it started charging normally. However, when I checked a few hours later, no lights were showing on the dashboard, the Blink unit said "not charging" and was hung up-frozen. The car had only charged to about 50%. I left it unplugged over night, and this morning plugged in again. The lights on the dash blinked for a while, then everything stopped again. Powering off the Blink at the breaker, waiting a few minutes and starting over solved the problem, but if I had to drive where other than VERY locally, I would have been screwed.

Update,
My blink has been continually crashing in one of three ways.
1. Spinning "?" and "processing" frozen and wont charge.
2. Orange "cannot process your request" screen but still charges.
3. Crash every 3rd day but reboots itself and continues to charge.

bowthom said:
Update,
My blink has been continually crashing in one of three ways.
1. Spinning "?" and "processing" frozen and wont charge.
2. Orange "cannot process your request" screen but still charges.
3. Crash every 3rd day but reboots itself and continues to charge.
I had similar problems and after they replaced it with a new SD card, everything seems to work much better now. I haven't had to do a reboot for a few weeks now, since.

Back