PlugShare now available for Android - GPS issue fixed

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know a lot of people that are refusing to use plugshare because you can't access the database through a regular web browser. PlugShare, you need to fix this, and allow web access! Not everyone carries an iphone or an android.

Nate

jcesare said:
Plus, my attempts to update it have failed.
I confirmed with the OCM forum members that your submission has been received and will be included in the next weekly database update.

Please do get involved in the project and help us build a better database for everyone to use.

KevinSharpe said:
jcesare said:
Plus, my attempts to update it have failed.
I confirmed with the OCM forum members that your submission has been received and will be included in the next weekly database update.

Please do get involved in the project and help us build a better database for everyone to use.
Ok. How do you update entries or request deletions? The web site only allows submissions. All the Costco Avcon charging stations are showing up and they haven't been operational in years. Costco just announced that they are removing the remnants and will not be installing any EVSEs including the new J1772 type.
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=5062

jcesare said:
Ok. How do you update entries or request deletions? The web site only allows submissions.
many thanks... for now I suggest you make a 'submission' and add a comment that the data should be deleted... a number of the new apps and widgets that are in development will allow much cleaner data entry/deletion/verification...

jcesare said:
All the Costco Avcon charging stations are showing up and they haven't been operational in years.
much of the early data was provided by existing websites and was used by the OCM developers to test the database. As OCM gains more traction then the community will clean the data and it will become a valuable source of trusted data. it's really up to the EV community to decided what they want... 100's of proprietary databases or a small number of databases that are used by many apps/websites...

downloaded this morning. there are a few stations not on the map. i will get them in there as soon as i can

**edit**
ok that was easy. added the Chargepoint Station at Dept of Ecology on Desmond Drive in Lacey. they have both 120 and 240

KevinSharpe said:
it's really up to the EV community to decided what they want... 100's of proprietary databases or a small number of databases that are used by many apps/websites...
I will be downloading the PlugShare Android app and appreciate everyone's efforts to construct viable databases, but hope that the field narrows down quickly. Too many 75% solutions will only hinder, not help, searching for charging facilities.

I believe it matters most that sites like PlugShare are available across a number of platforms, and that they can be immediately updated. I have not had any problems with ICE-oriented "GasBuddy.com" instant-update, crowd-sourced data, as an example. On the other hand, the two more limited databases for aviation fuel are delayed by gatekeepers, much to the frustration of users who then compound the problem by not bothering to update at all.

HighDesertDriver said:
but hope that the field narrows down quickly. Too many 75% solutions will only hinder, not help, searching for charging facilities.
I completely agree... the rate of growth is currently one new app/website per week... OCM lists 63 but we know this is an incomplete list :(

http://sourceforge.net/projects/openchargemap/forums/forum/1250135/topic/3889257

from our discussions with Google and NAVTEQ it is clear that the sheer number of databases is preventing the addition of consistent EV data onto maps and apps.... we really do need one community supported database that all apps/websites can use as their source of data (they can then build amazing features on top of the raw data and everyone wins).

Back