Pimp your Leaf (Nismo style)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So has anyone in the community installed one of these modules? I'd love to try this, but I would like to see it in action before I decide to spend money on this.

I've been meaning to call Nissan Corporate USA to talk to someone about getting one imported. The local Nissan dealer I have been using has been worthless to help. If anything I can hopefully get some marketing guys attention to show them the demand is here for something like this.

These guys will get you whatever parts you need from the land of Nippon.
$$$ :roll:
http://jessestreeter.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
But they always come through.
Easy to work with too.

KillaWhat said:
Easy to work with too.
I've personally worked with Jesse, he cannot get the VCM. Japan spec '13s only, MUST BE INSTALLED BY NISMO IN JAPAN. They will NOT just sell the part. Believe me, I've tried my best.

I've also talked to Tim Galager about this.

I don't get why Nissan will not shut up and take my money. Perhaps in a few years we will have enough reverse engineering knowlage to make our own VCM.

JeremyW said:
KillaWhat said:
Easy to work with too.
I've personally worked with Jesse, he cannot get the VCM. Japan spec '13s only, MUST BE INSTALLED BY NISMO IN JAPAN. They will NOT just sell the part. Believe me, I've tried my best.

I've also talked to Tim Galager about this.

I don't get why Nissan will not shut up and take my money. Perhaps in a few years we will have enough reverse engineering knowlage to make our own VCM.

Bummer!
Why does Nissan make everything so hard?

Yea Jesse got my coilovers for me, he's great. I'm hoping to get some wheels through him soon.

As for the ECU upgrade. Someone within Nissan USA has got to be interested in bringing this to the U.S. otherwise the electric car market is doomed for sure.

I've got some H tech springs from Jesse on the way. :)

Yes I've tried to tell every single representative of Nissan that I've met that I'm interested in the VCM upgrade, Leaf to Home, and the second life of these leaf batteries but haven't gained much traction. :(

JeremyW said:
I've got some H tech springs from Jesse on the way. :)
Can I ask how much? nengun appears to be able to do it for about $315 shipped via FedEx 7-day.

I would like to upgrade my suspension, but I worry about the stock shocks being under damped for stiffer, lower springs, especially the rears which feel underdamped as it is. And for "only" 3x more you can get Megan Racing coilovers off ebay ($880 free shipping) which will get you adjustable height and matched springs/dampers...

Techie0212 said:
Knowing that 18" can fit is cool ... might as well wait for the Infinity and have the package already in that ... lower suspension ... bigger wheels etc ... same platform. LOL ...

18"? That's cute. 19" all around baby boy.

LeafZE0 said:
Techie0212 said:
Knowing that 18" can fit is cool ... might as well wait for the Infinity and have the package already in that ... lower suspension ... bigger wheels etc ... same platform. LOL ...

I know looks are highly subjective, but to these eyes, those rims are ugly. Worse than stock!

GetOffYourGas said:
LeafZE0 said:
Techie0212 said:

I know looks are highly subjective, but to these eyes, those rims are ugly. Worse than stock!

Thank you. You are actually the first person I know to think so. It's good to hear different taste from other people's opinion. I agree, looks are subjective, and in your case highly subjective. These set of wheels are one of my favorites. It was either theses or the SSR Vienna Kreis.

Love it!

What's the width on the rears? And whats the suspension set up on this?
I've got a set of 18's waiting to go on, just waiting for the 17" rubber to wear out, and the 19's are reserved for the racecar :D

I will suggest one thing- chop the plate and squeeze it into the air dam, it looks much better!

Anyone looking for six-spoke Nismo wheels may want to consider the (20 pound) MB Icon wheels from America's Tire.

I'm thinking of getting a set of 17" MB Icon rims with Michelin 225/45R17 MXM4s today. I'll try to post pictures afterwards if all goes well. You can also use the America's Tire web site to visualize various rims on a LEAF (or any other car for that matter).

Edit: Never mind. I opted to go with 16" Michelin Premier A/S 205/55R16 91H instead on the stock rims. :)

I ended up picking up a set of Nismo LMX6 rims for my car. They are the same wheel as in the nismo leaf kit, despite Nissan jp saying they wouldn't sell them separately (weird).

they are 18x7.5" with +42 offset front and +36 offset rear

leaf_wheels1.jpg

leaf_wheels2.jpg

They weighed in at 21kg including tyres compared to 18kg including tyres stock which is very reasonable for a 2" height increase

Duncan said:
I ended up picking up a set of Nismo LMX6 rims for my car. They are the same wheel as in the nismo leaf kit, despite Nissan jp saying they wouldn't sell them separately (weird).
Looks good! What suspension are you running?

Edit: Looks like Blitz coilovers from your previous posts?

knightarmor said:
Love it!

What's the width on the rears? And whats the suspension set up on this?
I've got a set of 18's waiting to go on, just waiting for the 17" rubber to wear out, and the 19's are reserved for the racecar :D

I will suggest one thing- chop the plate and squeeze it into the air dam, it looks much better!

Thank you, but yeah the wheels are 19x9 and 19x10 +32. I would love a lower offset but it is difficult to find with the size I want. Nonetheless this set are one of my favorite VIP wheels. It's lowered on air bags/coilovers hybrid suspension. All custom fabrication. The front coilovers are Megans (not my favorite brand of coilovers but they'll do) that came off of a S13.

Duncan said:

They weighed in at 21kg including tyres compared to 18kg including tyres stock which is very reasonable for a 2" height increase

Those Nismo wheels look pretty good. I wasn't too big of a fan of those wheels but seeing them, I like this.

Duncan said:

leaf_wheels1.jpg

leaf_wheels2.jpg

I think those wheels looks great even though I prefer lower offset wheels. Quick question, How much did you pay for them and where did you buy them? I tried looking online and I couldn't find any links. Thanks by the way!

Back