Pictures

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thehelix112 said:
Some pics of my SL + Premium I got last Saturday:

I'm not much of a wheels fan usually, but I have to say those 2013 SL wheels add quite a "cool" factor to the car. And the lower headlight profile, while not obvious, does subtly improve the appears. All in all, I'm very impressed with the large number of improvements made to the 2013. I just wish some of the packaging decisions were different. No Homelink below SL? No cargo cover except as a dealer add-on? No cloth seats in SL? No rear view camera above S?

Thanks for the kind words. I was not a fan of the wheels at all, but they are definitely growing on me. They will be something I will definitely look at switching out soon though.

What is this cargo cover you speak of? Is it just something that sits over the rear hatch area? Our SL came with that, and I'm pretty sure I didn't pay for it..

Dave

cgaydos said:
thehelix112 said:
Some pics of my SL + Premium I got last Saturday:

No rear view camera above S?

I don't understand why people ( not you in particular) get all weird about the cameras, I have a car with a backup camera, I rarely look at it, the rear vision out of the leaf isn't bad I didn't get the camera and I really don't miss it. YMMV

It's my wife and I'd first new car ever, we're both early 30s and have been driving hand me down beaters or 40 year old project Datsun for 20 years, and for the sake of a grand we wanted a good stereo and to not have to worry about it afterwards. Cameras are a nice gimic imho. :)

Dave

apvbguy said:
I don't understand why people ( not you in particular) get all weird about the cameras, I have a car with a backup camera, I rarely look at it, the rear vision out of the leaf isn't bad I didn't get the camera and I really don't miss it. YMMV

Have 3 young kids running around - I would never have a car without Rear View Camera. Its standard equipment on all minivans now. Not to mentioned that I seldom look back nowadays - backing up is so much easier while looking at the screen in front of U.

apvbguy said:

This is my first car with a backup camera. I never realized how much I couldn't see until I started using the backup camera with the LEAF. You could practically hide a refrigerator in the blind spot that the camera reveals. Plenty of room for an object, or worse -- a child, to be otherwise invisible.

For this reason they'll soon be mandatory equipment regardless of model or option levels. I'm disappointed to see it absent on any level of LEAF.

EVDRIVER said:
You forgot to block the plate on the wall.
I think its funny that you blocked the LEAF Plate.. You know that info is Public Knowledge:) And Everyone can see it when you garage door is open :)..

but yes.. It was Beat to death already :) .. Nice Leaf... :)

thehelix112 said:
Thanks for the kind words. I was not a fan of the wheels at all, but they are definitely growing on me. They will be something I will definitely look at switching out soon though.

What is this cargo cover you speak of? Is it just something that sits over the rear hatch area? Our SL came with that, and I'm pretty sure I didn't pay for it..

Dave

That's it. Hmmm ... I thought I saw on the Nissan site that it was optional, but checking back now I see that this was just for the SV.

Viktor said:
I seldom look back nowadays - backing up is so much easier while looking at the screen in front of U.

That's a scary thought - glad you don't live in my neighborhood! Then again, people around me do the same thing, even without a camera!

Case in point - my wife showed up to her carpool one day to notice another woman's car was pretty beat up in the back. It turns out, she backed into her own garage door because she had forgotten to open it, and never bothered to look behind her - not even in the mirror! :shock:

Viktor said:
apvbguy said:

Have 3 young kids running around - I would never have a car without Rear View Camera. Its standard equipment on all minivans now. Not to mentioned that I seldom look back nowadays - backing up is so much easier while looking at the screen in front of U.
a perfect example of why one size never fits all!

Back