Phoenix metro-area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love hearing that there are even more leafs coming to Phoenix. Congrats on all your orders. Now lets just get those chargers installed right?

I would imagine if you live in Arizona and purchase a LEAF in another State just to save some money, the expense to get the vehicle home might be a challenge. Questions you will have after delivery might be tough getting answered when the Rep you bought it from is in another State and so busy working with their local customers. The quote process was pretty easy for me. I had customers call in to my dealership (Avondale Nissan) and ask for quotes. My procedure was to get them as much information I can before they requested through the Nissan LEAF website.

The way the deal was structured, the shipping was included because we got multiple people shipping at the same time. I really don't have concerns about post-sale problems. Unless you are implying that your dealer won't give me the same level of service because I didn't buy the car from you.

dclark said:
I would imagine if you live in Arizona and purchase a LEAF in another State just to save some money, the expense to get the vehicle home might be a challenge. Questions you will have after delivery might be tough getting answered when the Rep you bought it from is in another State and so busy working with their local customers. The quote process was pretty easy for me. I had customers call in to my dealership (Avondale Nissan) and ask for quotes. My procedure was to get them as much information I can before they requested through the Nissan LEAF website.

Just to save SOME money? $2000 savings isn't JUST some money. That will lower my lease payment by $60/mo. I would have loved to buy/lease locally, but not one dealer, including you Dee, would make an offer to go below MSRP. And, nine out of the ten local dealers add on stuff whether the customer wants it or not. Sorry, but your FUD is just that, FUD. Once a year, it has to have a battery service. We already know MORE than the dealers about the LEAF, so that will be no problem either. I've bought other cars and then had to use an out-of-state dealer for service. There was never any problem at all. And yes, we will receive free shipping.

Greg just called to tell me my vehicle is showing up in the system as arriving first week in Jan. Woot!

I ordered sept 1st.

LEAFfan said:
dclark said:

Just to save SOME money? $2000 savings isn't JUST some money. That will lower my lease payment by $60/mo. I would have loved to buy/lease locally, but not one dealer, including you Dee, would make an offer to go below MSRP. And, nine out of the ten local dealers add on stuff whether the customer wants it or not. Sorry, but your FUD is just that, FUD. Once a year, it has to have a battery service. We already know MORE than the dealers about the LEAF, so that will be no problem either. I've bought other cars and then had to use an out-of-state dealer for service. There was never any problem at all. And yes, we will receive free shipping.

Any person with a module issue that is in an area where the dealer is not yet set up to service a Leaf will have an issue dropping the pack for service.

There are numerous LEAF dealers in the Metro Phoenix Area.

I do not anticipate any issues receiving required maintenance.

I am sure that none of the other DOZEN AZ folks who ordered from Rairdon will have any issues either.

The delivery of our LEAFs will be smooth and seamless, just as the deliver to the dealer in Washington State will be smooth and seamless.

This is not an individual shipping one vehicle. It is a professional organization shipping a dozen vehicles.

As Leafan indicated earlier, saving $2,000 is not chump change. This is significant.

I just found this group as my anticipation for our leaf has been growing each day. Thanks to all of you for the information you've provided. It has been a huge help! My wife and I are thrilled to be joining the battery powered auto revolution and can't wait to have our leaf on the road.

turbo2ltr said:
So who in phoenix area will be the first to get a leaf? Place your bets!

No need to bet. Our group will get them delivered probably sometime in Jan., even if they do get delivered to the dealer in Dec., unless you want to pay $150 for shipping yours alone. :)

From what I have heard, my car should be delivered in December. Not sure it will be the first, but should be close. I can't wait!

I guess its you Turbo2 ,congrats on the first week of Jan...I hope you invite us all to come by and see the car when you get it..Im guessing but i think im #13000 in the order line...

I have a December delivery date and I am picking up my car in California; bringing it home on my flatbed trailer. Will be interesting to see who has one in their AZ garage first.

I emailed my PD the other day to ask if they had heard anything. He was told "late December" for the early orders, like mine - Sept. 7. He said that information has not changed and if it does, he will notifiy me. For tax reasons, 2010 would be best for me, but I have a feeling it will be more like January.

Glad you have a growing Phoenix LEAF community. I tried to get more people Tucson on this forum but was not successful. I know of only 5 people who have ordered LEAFs and only two of them come to this forum.

I don't know about all you, but I'll be tinting the windows as soon as I get the car. It might be a little early but I was thinking of setting up a "group tint" with a mobile tint service which usually affords us a discount since he can do them all in one place and it would be a good excuse to get together.. I've been a part of group tint events with other cars and it works out well. Would anyone be interested?

turbo2ltr said:
I don't know about all you, but I'll be tinting the windows as soon as I get the car. It might be a little early but I was thinking of setting up a "group tint" with a mobile tint service which usually affords us a discount since he can do them all in one place and it would be a good excuse to get together.. I've been a part of group tint events with other cars and it works out well. Would anyone be interested?
I have a shop I used before on Arizona ave in Chandler. I have talked with him this summer and told him I would be getting the car in the winter and he has said he would give my a good price because he is slow that time of year. I am going to tint my window and have a another layer of film added on top to block IR (heat). This is new film and by the time I get the car will be only one layer but he was not sure. The dual layer will be much cooler in the summers of AZ. I could ask my tinter about a large group rate as well for people in the South/East valley?

I would be interested in a 'Group Tint', as well. The 2011 Nissan Versa has the exact shade I was hoping to get for my LEAF. I want to be 'street legal' and as dark as is legally possible. The Versa Tint at Pinnacle is the one I would like. I ordered on 9/2 and am still hoping for a December delivery (or at least a December purchase from Rairdon). Greg will do whatever is possible. He's an amazing dealer, and has always been all about the customer. I will I could by ALL of my vehicles from him.

Back