Phoenix metro-area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the Ikea would be a good place to go. Large parking lot, 4 Blink chargers. We could meet inside in the ground floor cafe area. That's a little south for the Northernmost folk, but perhaps we can take turns between a North/South place. For the north side, there's Paradise Valley Community College at 51/101 or Kohls at 19th Ave/Bell.

A place with a few chargers is nice, to make it easier for those traveling from a distance.

LEAFfan said:
Good News! The Riverview Toyota QC is online! For now, it's FREE! The hours are MON-FRI, 8-9, SAT, 8-8, and SUN 10-6. I went today and the 'right' RFID wouldn't read the card, but the left one did and I charged.
The Bell Ford QC is supposed to go online very soon.
Also, across the street from the Blink/ECOtality Phoenix building (805 N 2nd ST/3-L2 charging stations 24/7), there is a really good Sushi restaurant. :mrgreen:
Anyone use the Riverview Toyota QC recently. I'd like to try it out, but it's past my point of no return if I try to go after work so I need to be sure it's online. Anyone know of a QC closer to Queen Creek?

TickTock said:
Anyone know of a QC closer to Queen Creek?

PlugShare shows one (J1772) at Power Nissan Chandler, 1350 S. Gilbert Rd. Chandler 480-461-4200, south side of showroom.

I was at the Riverview location a week or two ago and they (2) were working fine.

Also, if you decide to use the Riverview Toyota QC, and something goes wrong, they have 2 J1772 chargers also, and several restaurants within close walking distance.

cool. LeaFan already mentioned the sushi so the L2 backup makes it a go. Carlos, did you have to call ahead to use the QC? or were they fine with walk-ups (especially competitor vehicles)?

Sitting here at the Riverview QC. My first QC. Another nice thing about EV's is no rule about leaving the car off during fueling. Nice to be able to sit in ac comfort while you wait.

Downtown Chandler has a few Blink units installed. There is one unit at the Downtown Chandler Library and another two units in front of the 'PortsAmerica' business in the parking lot to the east of Arizona Ave, near the corner of Arizona Ave and Chandler Blvd. It's on the street 'Delaware Pl' that runs parallel to Arizona Ave. Nice downtown courtyard/park area to walk in, lots of nice restaurants. They are all operational.

They don't show up on the Blink map, so I emailed them to have them added. I think they must wait until they are running their later software load (that takes the zip code) before they pop up on their map. I wonder how many other Blink units are out there and also not on the map? I heard a while back that Peoria libraries were also getting them, including the library near the Challenger Learning center.

I added these locations to the Plugshare map.

TickTock said:
cool. LeaFan already mentioned the sushi so the L2 backup makes it a go. Carlos, did you have to call ahead to use the QC? or were they fine with walk-ups (especially competitor vehicles)?

The sushi restaurant is right across from the ECOtality building on N 2nd St. in Phoenix, not at Riverview.
You don't have to call ahead to use Toyota's QC, but you may want to call Blink to make sure it's online. Nissan (next door) uses the QC. They must have just fixed it today because it wasn't working yesterday.

TickTock said:
Sitting here at the Riverview QC. My first QC. Another nice thing about EV's is no rule about leaving the car off during fueling. Nice to be able to sit in ac comfort while you wait.
I was there last Saturday and both QC spaces were ICE'd by a Ford Expedition and a big GM truck. They had some boy scout event going on. I had to charge on J1772 for a while before the Ford Expedition left and opened up a spot for me. I tried the right QC and it worked ok for me. A guy walked by and asked if the right one indeed was working now and I said yes.

I set the QC to charge to 100%, and when it's at 96%, I manually stopped it. But then my Leaf only showed 10 bars, and not 11 or 12 bars that would associate with 96%. I figured maybe it's 96% to the 80% milestone, whatever...

So don't count too much on the 2 QCs available because there's no sign at all there that says those spaces are reserved for EV charging only. Without clear signs, those spaces can easily get ICE'd like in my case on Saturday. The biggest insult to me was that they were ICE'd by 2 biggest gas guzzlers, an SUV and a truck. And to add to the insult, they didn't ICE the 3 L2 spaces. They ICE'd the 2 QC spaces.

Beside the 2 QC there, Riverview Toyota also has 2 (or 3?) L2 stations right next to the QCs. Over in the Riverview Nissan right across the street, it looks like they have 3 L2 as well, one by the building and 2 in the parking lot.

LEAFfan said:
TickTock said:

The sushi restaurant is right across from the ECOtality building on N 2nd St. in Phoenix, not at Riverview.
You don't have to call ahead to use Toyota's QC, but you may want to call Blink to make sure it's online. Nissan (next door) uses the QC. They must have just fixed it today because it wasn't working yesterday.
No wonder I couldn't find it. Managed to spend a lot of money at Bass Pro across the street, though.

I wonder if anyone is familiar with the ASU area in Tempe. I did an update for charging stations for the ASU Tempe area on my Leaf and one station icon came up on the map just southwest corner of University and Mills. I knew about all the other stations nearby (Monti, Fulton, Tyler, Packard, etc), but this spot is new, so I thought I'd check it out. I ended up not finding any in that area despite the updated icon showing up on the map. I finally went to the "Nearby Stations" on the Leaf screen where you can view and select nearby stations to have the navigator take you there, and there's nothing on the list that corresponds to this one. So I decided that it must be a bogus one. But anyway, it was interesting that a bogus icon showed up on the update. I wonder if it's just me or if other people see this bogus one on their screen, too?

Wow, two sightings in two days:

Last night northbound on the 101 near glendale ave...or maybe closer to bell. Silver Leaf in the middle lane. An older gentleman driving. I wasn't driving my leaf so I didn't say hi.

Today around 5:30 or 6, westbound 101 near I17, another silver leaf. I don't think you saw me as I jumped off at 19th ave as I thought the traffic was going to be bad...

Volusiano said:
I wonder if anyone is familiar with the ASU area in Tempe. I did an update for charging stations for the ASU Tempe area on my Leaf and one station icon came up on the map just southwest corner of University and Mills. I knew about all the other stations nearby (Monti, Fulton, Tyler, Packard, etc), but this spot is new, so I thought I'd check it out. I ended up not finding any in that area despite the updated icon showing up on the map. I finally went to the "Nearby Stations" on the Leaf screen where you can view and select nearby stations to have the navigator take you there, and there's nothing on the list that corresponds to this one. So I decided that it must be a bogus one. But anyway, it was interesting that a bogus icon showed up on the update. I wonder if it's just me or if other people see this bogus one on their screen, too?

I checked plugshare and blink and neither have the charger listed. I checked my car...and after waiting 10 minutes for it to update 58 stations (I usually never hit "OK") I see the station you talk about. But I made a route to ASU and it did not show up on the 'along route'...but neither did monti's... There seems to be no way to get additional information about the station...except if it comes up with it as a station along the route...

Turbo....I had two sightings TODAY! Both Silver (and no, not the same car!). Glad to see there are more and more of us out there on the roads!

I saw three in one day, not counting mine!
Red Camelback and 40th street
White Osborn and 28th stree
Blue Cactus and Tatum!!

Getting really excited. I see about 3-5 each week (around Shea/101, Cactus/101, Cactus/Tatum, etc)
Today was a first. I took mine to Cobblestone for an express wash, and the vehicle in front of me was a Blue LEAF.

phxsmiley said:
I think the Ikea would be a good place to go. Large parking lot, 4 Blink chargers. We could meet inside in the ground floor cafe area. That's a little south for the Northernmost folk, but perhaps we can take turns between a North/South place. For the north side, there's Paradise Valley Community College at 51/101 or Kohls at 19th Ave/Bell.

A place with a few chargers is nice, to make it easier for those traveling from a distance.

weekend's coming. Have we decided? My vote is Ikea but should be able to make PVCC as long as there is an available charger.

I just came from Ikea, there were leaf's in all three spots (including mine)...

I'd probably prefer the closer one (PVCC) as the trip will leave me on empty for the rest of the day, but I'd do either one. At least Ikea has food.

Anyone else interested?

turbo2ltr said:
I just came from Ikea, there were leaf's in all three spots (including mine)...

I'd probably prefer the closer one (PVCC) as the trip will leave me on empty for the rest of the day, but I'd do either one. At least Ikea has food.

Anyone else interested?

I'm interested. How about 9AM at Ikea, is that too early?

Back