Phoenix metro-area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw a Glacier Pearl Leaf parked at Molina's this evening as I was leaving an AWEE reception. Was that anyone here? Were you at the reception?

21miDay said:
I saw a Glacier Pearl Leaf parked at Molina's this evening as I was leaving an AWEE reception. Was that anyone here? Were you at the reception?

That was my girlfriend! She's on the AWEE planning committee.

Is anyone going to the Oct 16 Plug in America Plug-in-Day ?

http://www.pluginamerica.org/pluginday/phoenix" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kovalb said:
Does anyone know what activities are planned for the Plug-In Day Phoenix? Is it just a meet-up?

Here is the e-mail response I got to that very question:
"We are showing the vehicles to people and letting them ask questions directly to the owners instead of a car salesman etc. This way they can get real answers to any questions they have. We will also have a few charger companies there like ECOtality with the BLINK and Chanrge Point with their unit. That way everyone can learn how simple it is to plugin and cahrge Off Peak to help the utiltiy use their excess and it's 4 times less tahn gas or diesel.

Mainly question and answers for the public. Any tricks you have learned like programming the car for 80% charge to make the battery last even longer. Checking teh charge with you smart phone, programming the air cond for when you leave in the AM etc

Jim Stack
"

leafkabob said:
kovalb said:
Does anyone know what activities are planned for the Plug-In Day Phoenix? Is it just a meet-up?

Here is the e-mail response I got to that very question:
"We are showing the vehicles to people and letting them ask questions directly to the owners instead of a car salesman etc. This way they can get real answers to any questions they have. We will also have a few charger companies there like ECOtality with the BLINK and Chanrge Point with their unit. That way everyone can learn how simple it is to plugin and cahrge Off Peak to help the utiltiy use their excess and it's 4 times less tahn gas or diesel.

Mainly question and answers for the public. Any tricks you have learned like programming the car for 80% charge to make the battery last even longer. Checking teh charge with you smart phone, programming the air cond for when you leave in the AM etc

Jim Stack
"

Thanks Jim. I'll try to make it there and spread the word.

I heard that the local TV stations are for sure going to be at the Phoenix Market location, but haven't heard if any are going to be at the Tempe location @ Monti's.

I took my first trip today into the Superstition Mountains and drove to Canyon Lake. The elevation was 2300 feet and my LEAF took all those hairpin turns with ease and no squealing. I've never had a car that could handle those tight curves like that. When it said 15mph, I took 'em at 25. When it said 25, I took 'em at 35. I was up to 6.2m/kW h before I hit the mountains and about ten miles later, I arrived with 5.8 on the dash. When I got home, I had traveled about 90 miles, had 6.2 on the dash, and still had an actual 40 miles left/two bars. Two bars is 17% according to CWs, but actually, according to the chart, I was at about 26%.

LEAFfan said:
I was up to 6.2m/kW h before I hit the mountains and about ten miles later, I arrived with 5.8 on the dash. When I got home, I had traveled about 90 miles, had 6.2 on the dash, and still had an actual 40 miles left/two bars.

How did you achieve such high efficiency numbers? Did you completely avoid the freeways? What was your average speed?
I achieve about 4.6m/kWh on my commute, which is about half at 66mph, and half at a range of city stop and go to 52mph.

I'm showing 4.5 on the dash. I don't reset it so I'm guessing the longer I drive without reseting usage the smaller any movement would be.
In the beginning I was showing 5 on the dash but since I received my AF Plates I'm cruising the HOV whenever I can and satisfied with 4.5.
:)

Oh ya I also ordered and installed those after market door guards mentioned on another thread. They look nice and I'm not worrying as much about door dings. (jinx)

At about 1 pm this afternoon I found myself behind a black leaf with personalized plate "IBELEAF" on 5th Avenue north of Van Buren. The driver saw me in her rear view mirror and waved. Anyone on the forum?

I didn't get a chance to ask her what her number on the dash is, but mine is 5.1. ;)

kovalb said:
LEAFfan said:
I was up to 6.2m/kW h before I hit the mountains and about ten miles later, I arrived with 5.8 on the dash. When I got home, I had traveled about 90 miles, had 6.2 on the dash, and still had an actual 40 miles left/two bars.
How did you achieve such high efficiency numbers? Did you completely avoid the freeways? What was your average speed?
I achieve about 4.6m/kWh on my commute, which is about half at 66mph, and half at a range of city stop and go to 52mph.

I avoided all the freeways/Interstates and kept it in ECO all the time. Some of the speed limits on the way there were 35mph so I went 35 and coasted in 'N' about a half mile from the lights when I knew I couldn't make them on green.
If there were no traffic behind me, I went 38mph in the 40 and 45mph zones. What really surprised me was I didn't lose that much driving up the mountain to 2300 feet and using the regen in ECO allowed me to take the tight turns without using my brakes. I used them once when the traffic ahead of me on the curves was going so slowly.

Back