Phoenix metro-area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new APS EV TOU rate has been approved.

http://www.aps.com/main/green/choice/EV/default.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

turbo2ltr said:
The new APS EV TOU rate has been approved.

http://www.aps.com/main/green/choice/EV/default.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Turbo,

I couldn't find the rate listed anywhere in the link. A call to the APS Green Team (Solar Contact Group) found that they have an internal memo indicating the Super Off Peak rate but they don't have the actual rate available yet. Question was pushed to the research department and am waiting on a callback........

I found a Doc Link for the APS - EV Readiness Demonstration Project, which was originally submitted to the AZ CC April 1, 2010 and a supplemental submission on July 8, 2011.
Details anticipated impact to Service Grid and proposes APS EVSE program res/com/public use with proposed fee structure. Interesting reading if you have some time.

http://images.edocket.azcc.gov/docketpdf/0000127394.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yeah I hadn't read it before I posted, then realized their "rate comparison" thing doesn't actually list the new rate.

I was on the phone with the green team this morning trying to figure out what was going on with my PV system. APS is still waiting for some paperwork from Solar city. But I got my bill and they dumped me from the Equalizer program so I got a huge bill. Apparently they don't allow you to be on the equalizer program if you have solar. It would have been nice if they dumped me AFTER they commissioned the system. And according to APS it's still going to be close to a month before they get around to commission the system (after SC gets the paperwork in). So I'm going to have yet another huge bill. Not very happy.

turbo2ltr said:
Yeah I hadn't read it before I posted, then realized their "rate comparison" thing doesn't actually list the new rate.

I was on the phone with the green team this morning ............. So I'm going to have yet another huge bill. Not very happy.

Get those servers out of your house and your bill will be zip nada...... APS called me back on the rate question and said that the approval is simply to allow for another "rate slot" in this case EV TOU. They will have a published rate around November 1st and will open up the EV-TOU to the first 500 APS customers who can demonstrate ownership of an EV, and opt for this plan.

When I had my solar install back in March of 2010, it took awhile to get the paperwork from installer to APS and coordinating the inspections was a problem but it all worked out rather quickly. You will be happy with your decision once you get those nasty big APS bills behind you. :)

Did you all see this?

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2011/09/14/20110914arizona-energy-efficient-vehicle-hov-lane-license-plates.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ADOT is releasing more of the cloud plates to hybrids. I have no problem with that. I just wish they can get all of those BS alternative fuel SUV's, that can potentially but never do run on propane or other AF, out of the HOV lane. The latter are such a waste and an insult to hybrid drivers.

AZ give any perks? Well, they do give us Alt Fuel plates that allow us in the HOV lanes. But if you saw the latest FB posting by Nissan Leaf AZ was conspicuously absent from the grants for EV planning and infrastructure. Other states that were not even in the first rollout phase are jumping on the bandwagon. Its going to be up to us to do it ourselves. Can't wait for the mental midgets at the capitol. Please join in either the Tucson LEAF Owners group or the Phoenix Leaf Owners groups in Facebook. We can try to organize some action on our own.

danscottphx said:
AZ give any perks? Well, they do give us Alt Fuel plates that allow us in the HOV lanes. But if you saw the latest FB posting by Nissan Leaf AZ was conspicuously absent from the grants for EV planning and infrastructure. Other states that were not even in the first rollout phase are jumping on the bandwagon. Its going to be up to us to do it ourselves. Can't wait for the mental midgets at the capitol. Please join in either the Tucson LEAF Owners group or the Phoenix Leaf Owners groups in Facebook. We can try to organize some action on our own.

We are first in line for the ECOtality installation of 1150 level 2 and 60 DC quick charge stations (Phoenix/Tucson are part of the first launch markets). ECOtality received a sizable grant from the DOE (Department of Energy). This is part of the same EV Project that has been putting free level 2 Blink EVSEs in our garages. I can't complain too much. Just wish it would happen faster.

Drive far and recharge (with Vulcan LEAF hand wave)

danscottphx said:
AZ give any perks?

Yes! Besides the AF plates, your registration is only around $22 for TWO years instead of $1000 or more for two years. Now carry that out for 5-10 years and you will be saving thousands. My wife's car MSRPd around $16K and she has to pay more than $450/yr. If she paid for two years, it would be less, but that would be just too much at once.

LEAFfan said:
danscottphx said:
AZ give any perks?

Yes! Besides the AF plates, your registration is only around $22 for TWO years instead of $1000 or more for two years. Now carry that out for 5-10 years and you will be saving thousands. My wife's car MSRPd around $16K and she has to pay more than $450/yr. If she paid for two years, it would be less, but that would be just too much at once.
Very good point. I wonder if other states give similar perks like this or not.

Still nothing compared to the upfront $5K rebate CA gave out, eh?

Volusiano said:
LEAFfan said:
Very good point. I wonder if other states give similar perks like this or not.
Still nothing compared to the upfront $5K rebate CA gave out, eh?

They got their $5K in one year right away whereas we'll reach and pass $5K in about ten years. Right now, if this car weren't an AF vehicle, we would pay about $600 this year and then the 60% assessment is reduced by about 16% each year after.

LEAFfan said:
They got their $5K in one year right away whereas we'll reach and pass $5K in about ten years. Right now, if this car weren't an AF vehicle, we would pay about $600 this year and then the 60% assessment is reduced by about 16% each year after.
So CA don't give out any break for EV drivers on registration cost at all? I find this unusual, given that they give out break for the $5K rebate, and for going in the HOV lane like we do.

Within the next 5 years, when EVs become more popular, I doubt if AZ will continue to give big break on registration fee like they do now, because they'll lose too much revenue. So I doubt if EV registration cost will remain as low in 5 year time frame.

At least we won't have to waste the $20 on the emission test each year.

A couple days ago I saw my first "in the wild" leaf. I can't believe it took this long. Sure I've seen you guys at the meets but that doesn't count.

It was probably around 8:30am give or take. It was a blue heading west on Yorkshire at I-17. I was sitting at the light on the southbound side of I17. It had a custom plate, but I didn't catch what it said. But it was not an AFV plate.

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Nice Front page article today on Leaf owner in East Valley Tribune 9-25-11 edition
Some info on Quick chargers being placed between Phoenix and Tucson as well

Both the Blink map and the PlugShare map show 2 chargers at Prudential (16260 N. 71st Ave, Scottsdale). I drove by this weekend to check it out since this is sorta close to where I work. It looks like the lot is secure...employees only.

Does anyone know the deal? If these are just for Prudential associates, I totally understand, but then they shouldn't be appearing on the map....

Back