Origin or country of manufacturing label

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quantumorbit

I don't see the "Made in ...." included in the Leaf sticker. Is there another place where you can find a Made in Japan label in a 2011 Leaf sold in the US? Or do you have to decode the VIN to know manufacturing plant?

Thanks in advance for your help with this.

Thanks for your reply. I'm more interested in knowing if there's a label or sticker that explicitly says the car is made in Japan, or US for that matter.

Probably not a sticker on it unless you count the window sticker on US destined new cars which show all the facts about it including if it was made here.

All 2011 and 2012's are made in Japan.

2013+ are made in Japan, US, and UK

quantumorbit said:
I'm more interested in knowing if there's a label or sticker that explicitly says the car is made in Japan, or US for that matter.

As Jeremy mentioned, all new cars sold in the U.S. have a sticker applied to them that explicitly states the car's point of assembly and "domestic content" particularly in regard to where the powertrain components are sourced. This sticker, which may or may not be integrated into the "Monroney" sticker that lists the vehicles options and price, is almost always discarded when the car is "prepped" (protective plastic coverings removed and the car readied for delivery to the customer). Occasionally you will still see them still attached on rental cars and former rental cars, but almost never on a car that was bought new by a consumer.

On the Leaf (and perhaps all Nissans), the domestic content sticker is not integrated into the large Monroney sticker (which is probably what you have in your possession), but a smaller sticker that was affixed to the bottom corner of the windshield. It would look similar to this:

http://dealarchitect.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8345190da69e2017ee75794fd970d-pi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

However the Monroney sticker should have something stating the car's "Final Assembly Point" which for the Leaf should be either "Oppama" (Japan) or "Smyrna" (Tennessee USA). It should be in the lower right hand corner just above the name and address of the dealer where the car was first shipped (but not necessarily sold by).

Back