Option for NO regen?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
evnow said:
tps said:
This has been my (admitedly brief) experience. Foot-off regen is so mild in the LEAF it seems to me very close to coasting.
Only in D. In E - you will significantly slow down.
Yep. I didn't like ECO. I'd rather press the brake to get my regen! A bit more than a month from now I'll be driving my own LEAF every day; we'll see if I still feel the same way after a few weeks...

I drive all day so using the foot pedal to feather the vehicle is not desirable. The Leaf in D is best for highway, and even acceleration in city driving if you can control your foot. Eco is good for slowing the vehicle - especially on down hill grades where you need to keep your speed down. N is the most efficient mode, and I agree with the OP, a no regen desired mode would be useful, especially in mountain driving where you want to roll, not regen. Problem with this idea is most people would not understand how and when to use it, so they would use the brake too hard and get no regen there either, killing the efficiency of the car. D works quite well for me, and I have driven many mountain miles without being in CC, nor touching a pedal, simply alternating between D,N, and Eco to keep my speeds safe.

charlestonleafer said:
So, is it safe to say that for maximum efficiency, you should drive in "D" on the interstate and "eco" in the city?

For me, no. I find it a lot easier to maintain a reasonable speed in Eco ;)

Feathering the pedal is not that hard, and I do it all the time. I usually keep my energy screen up on the head unit as it helps achieve a better "null", and is a good training aid. Once you learn how to do it, you can do it reasonably well by feel.

I almost never use Eco mode, and prefer my regen on the brake pedal. If you are in a scenario where you need to coast for a long time, you can always shift into N for a break, but holding the pedal is not that strenuous.

-Phil

The Honda Fit EV will have a button to turn of regen to get the most out of going down hill under the right conditions

Back