Official Toyota RAV4 EV thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
flashFlashFLashFLAshFLAShFLASH.. I just got the $2500 check from Toyota (the loyalty credit program) from the purchase of '12 Rav4EV on November 11, 2012. I am waiting to see if they will send out another $2500 check for my 2nd '12 Rav4EV that I purchased last week.

waidy said:
flashFlashFLashFLAshFLAShFLASH.. I just got the $2500 check from Toyota (the loyalty credit program) from the purchase of '12 Rav4EV on November 11, 2012. I am waiting to see if they will send out another $2500 check for my 2nd '12 Rav4EV that I purchased last week.

Me, too!!!! Got it today.

TonyWilliams said:
waidy said:

But you never owned a previous generation RAV4EV, right?
I thought that loyalty program was only for people who had the older RAV4EV. (Waidy traded one in I think.)

i cant wait until the used car prices hit the market.

but i doubt this will happen soon. because i think this is a good product.
and no one will trade it.

TEG said:
TonyWilliams said:
waidy said:
I thought that loyalty program was only for people who had the older RAV4EV. (Waidy traded one in I think.)
In my case, I brought the first 2012 Rav4EV for my daughter and it is in her name. She never owned a Rav4EV but own a Prius which I brought for her several years ago (the Prius is also registered in her name). The 2012 Rav4EV is in her name (I pay but my name is NOT on the MVPA nor registration). The $2500 check was written in her name.
I brought a 2nd 2012 Rav4EV last week, in which I traded in my 2002 Rav4EV. I sent in the "same" form the same date to Toyota to claim the $2500 royalty credit.

TEG said:
TonyWilliams said:
waidy said:

2010 Toyota Sienna minivan.

TonyWilliams said:
2010 Toyota Sienna minivan.

Oh nice! General Toyota loyalty, not just for RAV4EV.
Nice to hear they came through for you and Waidy!

TEG said:
Oh nice! General Toyota loyalty, not just for RAV4EV.
Nice to hear they came through for you and Waidy!

When was the official start date of the loyalty award. I bought in the last week of November.

reeler said:
When was the official start date of the loyalty award. I bought in the last week of November.
I found the form at buyatoyota.com by search engine, few days before the Nov 11 delivery. In another word, no one told me. I would post the form here but can't find a button to attach a pdf file. Here is the "header" of the form:

Redeem your $2,500 MY12 RAV4 EV (4480) Incentive!1
MUST take retail delivery from a dealer in the following state: California; Los Angeles Region, San Francisco Region. Here’s how you do it:
1. Purchase or lease a NEW eligible Toyota vehicle from dealer stock before January 7, 2013.2
2. Fill out this incentive form, print the completed page and mail it to the address below. You must
include a copy of the purchase documentation you received at the dealership. This includes: a. A legible purchase agreement
b. Finance contract, purchase or lease agreement that clearly states
the make, model and VIN number of the vehicle, as well as your name and address c. Proof of registration
Attn: Incentives Administration Group – G316 Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.
19001 South Western Avenue
Torrance, CA 90509
** All mail must be postmarked by January 15, 2013. **
Dealer MUST MAINTAIN a copy of this completed form in customer file for audit purposes.

waidy said:
** All mail must be postmarked by January 15, 2013. **

I have scanned a copy to the dealer for signature. My post office closes at 10:00 PM. :D

Thanks Waidy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is an ongoing problem with many Rav4's. I'm getting tired of waking up to a car that isn't charged or preheated according to the car's onboard timer.

Here's my "proof" for today; I woke up, and checked on the car through EnTunes (like CarWings) only to find that the car had not started a charge for a 7am departure time. I was able to then successfully start a charge from the app (in other words, it was plugged in and the EVSE is working properly).

Of course, this would have been a disaster yesterday when the car was driven 194.4 miles. Another issue is that it's not very good at guessing the total time required to complete the charge, always guessing too much time, and therefore staring the charge far too early (when it works at all).

What I found at 5:40am:

b91096d122017c3f2d6a2a8117a88d6c.jpg

Car is successfully charging after sending a charge request from the EnTune app at 5:41am:

7df84428dd47299ae22acca451ef220f.jpg

Charge complete in 3 hours, 10 minutes, even though it guessed 5 hours 19 minutes:

934abaa217119ca0b0007eb6efd5ba27.jpg

Unfortunately I seriously doubt Toyota (and/or Tesla) has any desire to fix these issues. There are also the EVSE compatibility issues lingering.

Are you being a sufficiently squeeky wheel to them yet? =)

You could always use an EVSE-based timer and not rely on Toyota's crap.

-Phil

Ingineer said:
Unfortunately I seriously doubt Toyota (and/or Tesla) has any desire to fix these issues. There are also the EVSE compatibility issues lingering.

-Phil

My car will go in for its 5000 mile checkup, and I have a laundry list. Toyota / Tesla is working on it, and I wasn't even the guy to light a fire under their butts!!!

Yes, my Clipper Creek has a dedicated pin for an external timer, and I plan to do that. I did a web search for timers, and there are so many choices... Damn free enterprise !!!

I'd like one that I don't need a book to program it, like every sprinkler timer I've ever had.

TonyWilliams said:
Ingineer said:

-Phil

My car will go in for its 5000 mile checkup, and I have a laundry list. Toyota / Tesla is working on it, and I wasn't even the guy to light a fire under their butts!!!

Yes, my Clipper Creek has a dedicated pin for an external timer, and I plan to do that. I did a web search for timers, and there are so many choices... Damn free enterprise !!!

I'd like one that I don't need a book to program it, like every sprinkler timer I've ever had.
My old scoutmaster timed his sprinklers using an alarm clock with the glass faceplate removed and wires soldered to the hands. It's a good thing he wasn't into building pipe bombs :D

TonyWilliams said:

There are a number of low-cost "lamp" timers available with good user interfaces. Simply find one you like, then plug a small wall-wart into it that drives a simple SPST relay with a coil voltage equal to the wall wart. You could also crack it open and cut the 120v connections to the internal relay and just bring the "dry contacts" out.

-Phil

Ingineer said:
Simply find one you like, then plug a small wall-wart into it that drives a simple SPST relay with a coil voltage equal to the wall wart. You could also crack it open and cut the 120v connections to the internal relay and just bring the "dry contacts" out.

Oh, I'm probably too lazy to start breaking it open when I have a $3 12volt relay or three floating around here somewhere, and tons of 12v wall-warts.

Now, to find a timer with all my features (won't lose programming, 7 day, multi-time per day):

This one has a manual override switch, which seems smart:

http://www.amazon.com/Sylvania-SA130-Digital-Lamp-Timer/dp/B000F5MUQC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back