NRG gets FERC approval in CA, fast chargers installed soon

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulScott

Plug In America just received the following from NRG's Terry O'Day:

Friends at PIA,

Today, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) approved the settlement between the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) and NRG Energy (on behalf of the Dynegy Parties) to advance electric vehicle (EV) infrastructure in California. A copy of the FERC Order is attached. Both the CPUC and NRG have issued press releases (see links below).

We look forward to working with you on successful implementation of what will become the nation’s most advanced electric vehicle infrastructure.

CPUC Press release: http://docs.cpuc.ca.gov/PublishedDocs/Published/G000/M033/K171/33171185.PDF" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NRG Press release: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=121544&p=irol-newsArticle_Print&ID=1754442&highlight" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Terry

I was informed by Terry that they should have 5 fast chargers in the ground by February and 15 by the end of the first quarter.

And is that in addition to the 100 DC QCs that Nissan announced in northern California on Sept. 2012 at National Plugin Day (stating that the first of the 100 would happen by Oct. 2012)?

Nissan, you are such a tease ($9900 QC: vaporware; Nissan QC by Oct. 2012: vaporware). But still giving you leeway because you are my first EV.

Phoenix said:
And is that in addition to the 100 DC QCs that Nissan announced in northern California on Sept. 2012 at National Plugin Day (stating that the first of the 100 would happen by Oct. 2012)?

Nissan, you are such a tease ($9900 QC: vaporware; Nissan QC by Oct. 2012: vaporware). But still giving you leeway because you are my first EV.

Those 100 Bay Area chargers are as much BS as telling average consumers that they'll drive 100 miles in the LEAF. You'll be lucky if Nissan USA puts in any (a few dealers might, like in Santa Rosa with Blink, and in the Seattle area, where they have two DC chargers).

I do think, however, in SoCal, in the next few years, we are going to be flush with DC chargers (without NRG or Blink or Nissan).

Back