Not convinced MY 2012 latest updates fix carwings figures?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

planetf1

Yesterday I charged my 2012 MY leaf (UK) to 100% and drove in total 73.9 miles according to the odometer. When I got back to the house I had an indicated 5 miles remaining, having gone past "Low battery". I do have the APril 2012 recalls applied (which do change the in-dash range estimates, and did update the TCU, but not the rest of the infotainment system)

At a rough guess I reckon there's at least 10 miles left, but it's a hunch on reserve.

But what I've noticed is that the car wings data is out -- the mileage just slightly (<2 miles) in that the total below is 13.1 kWh -- or it could be this is entirely accurate but the battery usable capacity is nowhere near 24. I suspect the former, and in fact have heard it may relate to a fix that was made available for 2011 MY cars, but not 2012.

Now I did have aircon running, but at the minimum 16 (celsius), and taking little power. Lights for the last segment, that's it.

Is anyone else seeing such discrepancies?

The 0 measurement was me trying to fix up my satnav up/download frequencies and/or switching back on to close the mirrors/windows...

segment 2 was at 65-75 mph, #6 highly variable standstill-45, 10 at about 65 again.

20/Jun
1 0.2kWh 0.2kWh 0.0kWh 0.9miles 0.2kWh/mile 0kg
2 4.1kWh 4.9kWh 0.7kWh 19.8miles 0.2kWh/mile 6kg
3 0.0kWh 0.0kWh 0.0kWh 0.0miles 0.0kWh/mile 0kg
4 0.0kWh 0.0kWh 0.0kWh 0.0miles 0.0kWh/mile 0kg
5 1.5kWh 2.0kWh 0.6kWh 8.0miles 0.2kWh/mile 2kg
6 3.2kWh 5.5kWh 2.3kWh 22.0miles 0.2kWh/mile 6kg
7 0.0kWh 0.0kWh 0.0kWh 0.0miles 0.0kWh/mile 0kg
8 0.0kWh 0.0kWh 0.0kWh 0.0miles 0.0kWh/mile 0kg
9 1.1kWh 1.6kWh 0.5kWh 6.4miles 0.2kWh/mile 2kg
10 3.0kWh 3.9kWh 0.9kWh 14.7miles 0.2kWh/mile 4kg
11 0.0kWh 0.0kWh 0.0kWh 0.0miles 0.0kWh/mile 0kg
12 0.0kWh 0.0kWh 0.0kWh 0.0miles 0.0kWh/mile 0kg
13 0.0kWh 0.0kWh 0.0kWh 0.0miles 0.0kWh/mile 0kg

Any thoughts - typical? atypical?
are there fixes I need to request that don't appear as a standard recall item (these have been checked and done)

Simple question: If you reset your miles/kWh average on your dash, at the end of the day...does it pretty much match the miles/KWh average you see reported for that day in CARWINGS (once it's been uploaded)?

In the US, 2011 cars with Boot Ware (NK1) and Application (NK2) at 147 or above report accurate energy consumption. Below that, it can be significantly off... it'll claim to be much more efficient in CARWINGS, under-reporting the kWh used. You should already have this fix.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=5176" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think the dash is more realistic, carwings seems too low -- though I wish the dash had 2 digits after the decimal point (and indeed the carwings web ui too -- though at least you can calculate from the CSV)

I have a MY2012 (UK) car and have already been to the dealer to get

P1270
P1272

With these 2 fixes I did get
* the beep warning if left in drive and drivers door opened
* a different calibration of the battery/range reporting

I think the latter included a TCU update -- but focussed around range estimates

My NK1/2 is still at 107 - the only versions that the head unit reports updated are the TCU (from 622 to 627)

I think the *2011* MY cars get the update whilst the *2012* ones do not?

I've seperately checked maps versions (just due to some significant omissions)-- and again the dealer is telling me no update, though I'm at 10/07/30/01

So it sounds like I need the head unit update?

Any ideas how to approach the dealer on this? Is there something specific to ask for? I'm guessing they'll need to get advice from their dealer tech support

If I'm not mistaken the NTB11-014 is the fix for the MY 11 cars and includes this update, whilst the NTB12-014 is the version for the 2012 cars, and does not include it.

Are there other fixes to check at same time?

The Carwings update is contained in TB-11-041. It must be done via a SD card from the slot behind the screen of the center display. It can't be done via the Consult III+ and is not part of the -014 updates... Cars manufactured in late 2011 forward should already have it.

planetf1 said:
If I'm not mistaken the NTB11-014 is the fix for the MY 11 cars and includes this update, whilst the NTB12-014 is the version for the 2012 cars, and does not include it.

So when I had the recalls done I did ask in general terms about the SD update and was just told my car already had the required fixes. He showed me a list of fixes for the 2011 and said based on my vin I already had them...

Certainly I have had no real problems with carwings communications (apart from when I think I may have disabled upload, or possibly a few days glitch), and the mileage estimates in carwings seem to agree with the car -- all of that seems fine.

Its the carwings trip reports that seem out. The NK1/2 levels differ too, though in itself that has no effect

I guess all I can do is capture more data and if the data stays out, fire it off to the dealer

My usual daily mileage is 20-25 miles, though I have a 100 mile (50+50) round trip this weekend, probably charging at destination, and a 180 mile (70+rapidcharge+20+20+rapidcharge(maybe double to 100%)+70) in a few weeks which should give me some extra info to work with.,

The problem is this "bug" and it's fix is technically not documented. There is no "official" fix for it... it's just that the old telematics communication fix (which is not really needed now) just happened to include an update that resolved the kWh bug.

If you are not at 147+ for NK1/NK2, you most likely have this bug. (I know for a fact 107 was buggy.) You'll need to work with your dealer to see if they can apply the equivalent update from what we know as TB-11-041, even though this fix doesn't apply to your VIN. (FYI: In the US, if it doesn't apply... the dealer's service department won't normally get paid by Nissan to do the work.)

Again, this is only in regards to CARWINGS reporting less kWh used than reality. (For example, "4.2 miles/kWh" in car for the day, but "5.3 miles/kWh" in CARWINGS for the same day.)

Thanks - helpful.

I think it's definately a case of capturing more "proof" together for the dealer and see if I can persuade them to take it up with nissan tech support.... I know the guys there seem very passionate about the leaf and helpful so hopefully just a little persuasion might at least get them to make the initial contact. Of course whether anything's legitimately available or sanctioned will be another matter.

I'm also planning to contact Nissan UK directly with some feedback/suggestions -- not via their cs/web teams but straight into management. If successful perhaps I'll have an opportunity to drop this Q in as a general point about telematics.

Back