Not Axle Click TSB... but Transmission

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcucci

Hi All, longtime Leaf owner but newly purchased a 2018 SV in awesome condition, save for the axle click. At least that's what I thought.

Wishful thinking... I did the TSB and no change. Expecting SOME change, with one wheel in the air (either one) I discovered I could duplicate the noise pretty easily by exerting some force on the inboard CV joint, forward or reverse, and feeling some resistance, could see and hear it inside the trans case.

I found one thread here where someone mentioned they had to replace an axle and the trans case. My power train warranty is just up (a few months and about 10k miles). I'm curious if anyone else has had this issue.

I can't think of what else it might be, aside from internal to the trans, such as gear or maybe spline backlash that has opened up. Happens exactly as the axle click would but now that I consider it, is probably deeper toned than the normal click.

I tried the original torque spec and then went back and amped it up to 136 ft lbs which I have read in several places as a revised one.

Hi All, longtime Leaf owner but newly purchased a 2018 SV in awesome condition, save for the axle click. At least that's what I thought.

Wishful thinking... I did the TSB and no change. Expecting SOME change, with one wheel in the air (either one) I discovered I could duplicate the noise pretty easily by exerting some force on the inboard CV joint, forward or reverse, and feeling some resistance, could see and hear it inside the trans case.

I found one thread here where someone mentioned they had to replace an axle and the trans case. My power train warranty is just up (a few months and about 10k miles). I'm curious if anyone else has had this issue.

I can't think of what else it might be, aside from internal to the trans, such as gear or maybe spline backlash that has opened up. Happens exactly as the axle click would but now that I consider it, is probably deeper toned than the normal click.

I tried the original torque spec and then went back and amped it up to 136 ft lbs which I have read in several places as a revised one.
If you opt to do this work yourself, buy quality aftermarket parts, not the $39.95 full axle assys.

Back