Northern LA County Leaf Gathering

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
garygid said:
Saturday July 16th, breakfast at ...
Or, July 30th, since I have Gatherings down here on the 9th and the 23rd of July.

Near the middle or end of your meeting, see it those who are there ... want MORE!

Lets try a not-expensive breakfast (maybe buffet) place, with lots of room?

Sounds great, but with the 405 being shut down on the 16th I am planning on staying off the freeways, which I can do to get around this area, but you can't. So I suggest the 30th would be better.

With almost a month to plan we can pick the location later. There have already been some great suggestions, and the Hometown Buffet in Burbank is easy to find and has a LOT of parking. I do try to avoid the chain eateries, but I would be attending for the people, not the food.

Best, Eric

BobTarlau said:
Add us in-- my son David and I plan to join you... I've had an Ocean Blue Leaf since mid-April. Is the gather time around 6PM (at the Burbank Bob's Big Boy)? thanks for organizing this--should be fun! And maybe we can answer some of each other's questions... like: how can I turn off the now annoying start-up chime?

Cheers, Bob
Be great to have you!

We are planning to get there a little before 6 but hang in the parking lot till around 6:30. We will try to reserve as many spaces as we can get in one area. Looks like we need about 8 or nine, since we think one or two from another forum may show up!

As for the chime, cycle through the options on the dash, using the square button in the group of four to the left of the steering wheel. There are a few chime options, not sure if none is an option. I think it is under effects, but I can show you tomorrow. Use the button to the right of the square button to make the selection.

As I recall, you need to select a "chime" other than the default, maybe use that, THEN select "none" ... and that should work.

But, what do I know, ...
I was getting prepared to drive up there TODAY, not tomorrow!!!

Too many dead brain cells, perhaps! :lol:

Yes, none is one of the four options of the start-up chime. Also, as soon as you select a "gear" position, the chime will stop if it is currently playing.
See you all this evening!

Caracalover said:
As for the chime, cycle through the options on the dash, using the square button in the group of four to the left of the steering wheel. There are a few chime options, not sure if none is an option. I think it is under effects, but I can show you tomorrow. Use the button to the right of the square button to make the selection.

Everybody remember that during "Carmagedon", the 405 will be closed from the 10 to the 101 (old news?)... I've talked with some people in the know that anticipate very congested surface streets within a large radius. Expect a several mile backup before reaching the closed portions of the freeway... I think I'll stay in Ventura County that weekend... :cool:

We are staying within a close circle of our house that weekend...

TangoKilo said:
Everybody remember that during "Carmagedon", the 405 will be closed from the 10 to the 101 (old news?)... I've talked with some people in the know that anticipate very congested surface streets within a large radius. Expect a several mile backup before reaching the closed portions of the freeway... I think I'll stay in Ventura County that weekend... :cool:

Lopton said:
Barring unforseen cirumstances I will try to make it with my white Leaf. Working the night shifts this mont, so I may sleep right through it :oops:

-Matt
Great! The more the merrier! Just be safe.

Best, Eric

Caracalover said:
BobTarlau said:
Add us in-- my son David and I plan to join you... I've had an Ocean Blue Leaf since mid-April. Is the gather time around 6PM (at the Burbank Bob's Big Boy)? thanks for organizing this--should be fun! And maybe we can answer some of each other's questions... like: how can I turn off the now annoying start-up chime?

Cheers, Bob
Be great to have you!

We are planning to get there a little before 6 but hang in the parking lot till around 6:30. We will try to reserve as many spaces as we can get in one area. Looks like we need about 8 or nine, since we think one or two from another forum may show up!

Thanks for posting the following advice in silencing the welcome chimes... it worked!! See you all this evening. bob

Just got back and I believe a good time was had by all. Great people, great cars, what more could you ask for?

Total tally was 15 people and 9 Leafs. All colors except white, only one black, a fair mix for the others.

Pictures were taken, but not by me. I am sure they will follow at some point.

For now, thanks to all who could make it, I found it very worthwhile.

I have to say I was very happy to get home though, my car had not had the usual driving today, and the 16 miles usually takes me 5 bars or so to get home. I had three. Got my first low battery warning!!! No issues though, my wife wanted to see the last bar vanish, but it was not meant to be. BTW I took the freeway all the way home, and got a little over 5m/kw for the trip, which started with 4 bars, but went to five on the way down the hill from my house.

Best, Eric

Excellent gathering tonight at Bob's Big Boy in Burbank... 9 Leafs attended along with about 15 humans... all very interesting folks. Lots of great ideas swapped. I look forward to the next one. Best to everyone who was there--or who wanted to be!! Bob Tarlau

We had a great time and it was fun meeting everyone and putting faces to the names. I look forward to the next meeting soon!

FYI, I put 79 miles on the car today (I did a full charge last night rather than my customary 80% since I knew I had a lot of driving to do today) and I got the low battery warning just as I turned on to our street - almost exactly where I predicted it would occur...

BobTarlau said:
Excellent gathering tonight at Bob's Big Boy in Burbank... 9 Leafs attended along with about 15 humans... all very interesting folks. Lots of great ideas swapped. I look forward to the next one. Best to everyone who was there--or who wanted to be!! Bob Tarlau

garygid said:
Sounds like a GREAT start to something that
could grow to help and encourage a lot of newcomers.
You were missed Gary, but the July 30 date was discussed and locations were also mentioned.

Another great meet up spot came to me this morning though - the Griffith Park Observatory. We could meet there and then go cruise Hollywood Blvd to show the tourists the new way to get around town.

Who is in for that, and what time/date should we pick? I don't want to do this on the 30th, I would prefer a weeknight, maybe even a Friday around 8 pm (Meet up at 7) to get the most out of the masses. If we can get a larger turnout, it could prove an impressive showcase.

Back