No EVSE, no delivery date?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LakeLeaf

Just curious if anyone without an EVSE install scheduled or completed (AV or the EV Project) has received either a delivery month or a confirmation date??

My order was 3 SEP, but I won't pay $3200 for an EVSE, and my current delivery status is "pending".

I'm trying to tell if not "pending" but an actual date, or at least a delivery month, has been influenced at all by having your EVSE installed.

Probably should have a poll for this.

LakeLeaf said:
Just curious if anyone without an EVSE install scheduled or completed (AV or the EV Project) has received either a delivery month or a confirmation date??

My order was 3 SEP, but I won't pay $3200 for an EVSE, and my current delivery status is "pending".

I'm trying to tell if not "pending" but an actual date, or at least a delivery month, has been influenced at all by having your EVSE installed.

My EVSE is already installed; I ordered on September 2 and my delivery date is pending.

ChicoBob said:
I ordered 8/31, have not scheduled and EVSE install and have a January 2011 scheduled delivery.

Thanks Bob - that's great to know. I assume you didn't fill out any type of waiver?

It sounds, much to my relief, that having an EVSE installed is not necessary in order to have you move forward to a delivery date.

Whew! :)

Thanks, indeed, Bob. I've been worried about the same thing LakeLeaf was.

By the way, or perhaps very much to the point, I have requested a waiver but haven't been given a chance to sign one, since my request came after I ordered. My dashboard keeps telling me "it's time to schedule the installation of your home charging dock".

ChicoBob, did you ask for a waiver before you ordered, after you ordered, or not at all?

LakeLeaf said:
ChicoBob said:
I ordered 8/31, have not scheduled and EVSE install and have a January 2011 scheduled delivery.

Thanks Bob - that's great to know. I assume you didn't fill out any type of waiver?

It sounds, much to my relief, that having an EVSE installed is not necessary in order to have you move forward to a delivery date.

I have never asked for a waiver and I plan to just ignore the "time to schedule" posting. My electrician is coming next Wednesday to install a 220 v receptacle in my garage, $400 for in-wall cable pull. I have a CA EVSE on order. We'll see if it ever arrives.

ChicoBob said:
LakeLeaf said:
ChicoBob said:

I have never asked for a waiver and I plan to just ignore the "time to schedule" posting. My electrician is coming next Wednesday to install a 220 v receptacle in my garage, $400 for in-wall cable pull. I have a CA EVSE on order. We'll see if it ever arrives.

Same here, already wired and will use my own setup.

Ordered 8/31, EV Project, installation not yet scheduled. Car coming January 2011.

LakeLeaf said:

Interesting observation. I got a yellow banner and a pending just a few days after I made an appointment for evse.

My EVSE was installed a week ago and I still have pending on my dashboard, but then I wasn't able to order until 9/30. I did sign up to pay upon installation instead of including it in the cost of the vehicle. I was able to do much of the prep work with the circuitry and permits without AV getting involved so my EVSE install cost $1,468. I have wondered if AV might be installing those that agree to pay upon installation to maximize their revenue for 2010.

I wouldn't think Nissan would make having a 240V charger a requirement. That charger will certainly be convenient but it's not strictly necessary, especially since there are so many 120v outlets around. Here's a daily log from Mark Vaughn at Autoweek who had a i-Miev for six weeks and used standard 120V outlets the entire time. His wisdom would be to find the outlets in places like parking garages and to always top off: http://www.autoweek.com/article/20100723/CARNEWS/100729951

Installing an EVSE is NOT a requirement for buying a LEAF.

The AV assessment is NOT required, but DO have "the AV waiver" activated BEFORE your RAQ month.

There is no indication that the EVSE status is holding up anybody's LEAF delivery.

I told Nissan I would not be using AV. She asked what I was doing instead and I explained the Leviton and my home was fully prewired and inspected. AV at $2300 was just too much for 20 minutes work. She said she would look into it but could not give the waiver because I had already accepted RAQ. Anyway Nissan calls back three weeks later and says a waiver will be added to my page. Have not yet seen it after a month. During both conversations the person assured me there would be no delay in getting the actual car. I accepted the qoute on 9-29 and I still have the option to change the color so I assume not in production yet. Delivery is still pending.

I didn't request a waiver until after I had agreed on the order. (I had to say the EVSE would be paid for "separately" to get through the order.) When I explained my situation (low mileage) and asked for the waiver, they said it would be no problem but that I wouldn't see it on my dashboard until it was time for the next step. So mine still says "it's time to schedule the installation of your home charging dock", and, no, there is no waiver link anywhere on that page.

I'm assuming the "next step" must be CARWINGS, but I haven't heard anyone, even gudy, mention that as having opened up.

Back