Nissan To Show Electric Van Concept At Detroit Auto Show

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdub

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1070713_nissan-to-show-electric-van-concept-at-detroit-auto-show" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pretty psyched about this.

This concept previews a future production version of a full electric vehicle designed to provide businesses or families with flexible, roomy cargo space, while offering a dramatic CO2 footprint reduction.

I hope it's a family van too. Would love to have an EV to fit 7 people in.

An electric van, perhaps a bit smaller than this concept, would be perfect for the USPS.

The Nissan NV200 cargo van brochure shows an electric version in development. The ICE passenger version is going to be the new NYC taxi. I think there is huge potential for using BEVs for local delivery and service vehicles.

bring the Renault Kangoo over, no emissions so the EPA wont have to certify it $$, but you still have to federalize all the DOT stuff.

These vans are too small for UPS, but they may work for USPS and many other type of delivery jobs.

etrans said:
The Nissan NV200 cargo van brochure shows an electric version in development. The ICE passenger version is going to be the new NYC taxi. I think there is huge potential for using BEVs for local delivery and service vehicles.

Not to mention, that every Nissan dealer should get the "taxi" version to use as their courtesy van.

So that every Nissan ICEV owner, while waiting for their antique's frequent scheduled maintenance and repairs, whether a $40 oil change or $4,000 johnson rod replacement, will have a chance to ride in a BEV.

8:45 Edit-

No BEV content, but interesting story in the NYT about the NY taxi competition, and how Nissan is working on the details:.

...This week in New York, Nissan will try to win over skeptics who wonder if the NV 200 — a plump, soccer-mom-style van that even the mayor conceded had a suburban feel — can replace the iconic Crown Vic and Checker cabs in New Yorkers’ hearts and minds.

The car will feature a host of amenities, including airplane-style reading lights, power outlets to charge smartphones and laptops, a transparent roof for skyline views and floor lights to ensure purses are not lost during late-night rides.

Still, Nissan knows it faces a tough audience. In a company-sponsored focus group last year, some New Yorkers said they were unsure about the whole endeavor: “It’s a 10-minute cab ride anyway, so why bother?”

“New Yorkers are so used to their cab rides,” Mr. Farion said, “that they sometimes forget how it could be better.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/02/nyregion/reimagining-new-york-citys-cabs-down-to-the-floor-mats.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&hp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back