Nissan taking pre orders on line for the 2013 Altima ? $49

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmp647

Cant believe Nissan is trying this on another product and a bread and butter gasser at that!

reserve and build a gaser Altima ? $49 deposit?
part of the offer is that if you register build and deposit an Altima you will get 3 years 45k in free service

have they not learned a lesson from the Leaf multi step order fiasco?
http://www.nissanusa.com/future-and-concept-vehicles/?dcp=omd.79370372.&dcc=0.255711793&dcn=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

?????????????????????????????????????????????????

I didn't have chance to use it, check for April 2010 deposit should be arriving soon. Wonder if others already got their checks or CC credit already (I am talking about refund to all - April 2012 campaign).

I thought there were a lot of questions on pre-ordering the LEAF but they were all relevant since owning the car is different than owning a typical gas-powered car. In the end, I had no issues with the ordering process.

I think that it is a clever move to allow pre-order of the Altima for $49 when they include maintenance. Some people may be die-hard Altima fans. I'm not but the styling of the new one is nice. I hope, but know it will not come to pass, that they update the LEAF's infotainment system to do some of the stuff the Altima does; display individual tire pressures, have the car read us our text messages, etc.

Thank you for reserving a Nissan LEAF™. Nissan is no longer requiring the $99 reservation fee to purchase the Nissan LEAF™, so your $99 will be refunded to you automatically within 6-8 weeks. No action is required on your part. You can still build and order a Nissan LEAF™ online by logging in to your account. Plus, you can now see it for yourself, as dealers will begin having the Nissan LEAF™ on the lot for you to test-drive and purchase right there.
Fate of Altima pre order system will be same as above, what Nissan really need is your info so they can "keep you informed about their cars"

Geez, it is an Altima for heavens sake! Hardly the epitome of desirability or exclusiveness... And not likely to be in short supply, either. The only hook whatsoever is the maintenance, and I wonder if the $49 goes toward that or if you get it back...

Reserve and build a gaser Altima ? $49 deposit?

kmp647 said:

the fiasco was that the delivery queue did not match the orders.. something that Nissan never promised, I think..

Email today. I do not understand why I got this. I do not want to pay deposit to find out that is not really place in line. Will that mean that they want me to switch back to ICE?
Pre-order your all-new 2013 Nissan Altima® today. And, as a thank you for pre-ordering, get 3 years/45,000 miles of complimentary maintenance.* Visit the Altima site to watch the epic reveal at the New York International Auto Show and learn what makes this the most innovative Altima ever. Click below for more information.

kmp647 said:
Cant believe Nissan is trying this on another product and a bread and butter gasser at that!

reserve and build a gaser Altima ? $49 deposit?
part of the offer is that if you register build and deposit an Altima you will get 3 years 45k in free service

http://www.nissanusa.com/future-and-concept-vehicles/?dcp=omd.79370372.&dcc=0.255711793&dcn=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

?????????????????????????????????????????????????
Kmp647,

The difference between these two systems is this - the pre-order process for the LEAF was the only way to get one. The Altima program is designed to incentivize early Altima buyers with a free maintenance program, valued at $700 according to Nissan's web site.

Altima is Nissan's best selling vehicle. It was the second best selling vehicle in the U.S. last year, behind Camry. Over 41,000 were sold last month alone. The free maintenance package goes only to the first 25,000 that order. It's called marketing. It will be available to buy in Nissan showrooms in July.

smkettner said:
ebill3 said:
I liked the LEAF system. What was the fiasco part?
Initial orders got waaaaay out of sequence.
They admitted there was a bug that caused them to lose track of a block of orders. Those are the ones that got out of order. I would assume they've fixed the bug by now. Mine didn't get lost, so my only complaint was the lack of communication over timelines.

EdmondLeaf said:
I didn't have chance to use it, check for April 2010 deposit should be arriving soon. Wonder if others already got their checks or CC credit already (I am talking about refund to all - April 2012 campaign).
I don't understand what you're referring to, this "refund to all - April 2012 campaign". But: I took delivery of my LEAF on Apr 30; the $99 credit to my credit card showed up on May 5.

aqn said:
EdmondLeaf said:
I don't understand what you're referring to, this "refund to all - April 2012 campaign". But: I took delivery of my LEAF on Apr 30; the $99 credit to my credit card showed up on May 5.

On April 9, 2012 I received email
Nissan LEAF™ no longer requires a $99 reservation fee. if you paid a $99 reservation fee, it will be automatically refunded in 6-8 weeks.
You got your car in April 2011. Now, in April 2012, $99 deposit no longer required so they refunding to all, does not matter if car was RAQ or not.

i had no real problem with the ordering system. there were no mis steps or confusion and i even added accessories months after my original order submission without a problem.

they were vague on delivery but i have to address that issue with experience from another car company in what was essentially the same situation.

in Nov 2003 i ordered my 2004 Prius. it was delivered June 30th, 2004. i never got a single shred of info on when it would be delivered other than "6-8 months" until about June 25th or so when they told me my car hit port and provided me a VIN.

In Jan 2009, i ordered my 2010 Prius as part of the Prius Enthusiast Priority Discount Program. same situation. stated 3-4 months for delivery and i got it May 17, 2009. i was told the VIN just a few days before pickup.

i think Nissan's only real mis-step was the long term prediction of when the Leaf would arrive. my date bounced around about 100 times just like everyone elses but ultimately it was pretty much delivered when they said it would be.

now, i was hoping for a Dec delivery but that info was provided ONLY by my dealer and the rumors floating around online here. granted, it was a publicity stunt for Dec 2010 deliveries and being "near" first in line, i was disappointed i did not get mine then but it was only a few (torturous) weeks more.

none of that (unlike a few here) in any way will prevent me from considering another Nissan. it was a gallant attempt by Nissan to be transparent and it could have been better, but i have no issues with it.

besides, we are only speculating that the process will be the same and that might be a mistake on our part

Just had a new Altima as a rental car last week. The car has a nice look and was pretty comfortable inside. The drive was so so. Turning was not a smooth as expected. The fit - noticed unusually large gaps around doors and trunk.

The car did have a few big annoyances. The door lock button is hidden under the arm rest/door pull so it's a bit awkward to get to, and not visible from the drivers position. The 12v/cigarette lighter socket was located in the center console and was close enough to the corner of the well it was in that it make plugging in to it cramped - you had to keep rotating the plug until you found room for it to fit.

The climate control system was most annoying. When you turned the car off, the climate control turned off and reset. When you started the car again, the climate control system remained turned off. When you turned it on, it had been reset to defaults rather then retain the temperature and fan settings you had when you shut the car off. This is the first car I ever recall getting that functioned like this. Most will start when the car starts and retain their previous settings. One of the reasons people use a remote start - to get the car to the right temp before getting into it.

LakeLeaf said:
Just had a new Altima as a rental car last week. The car has a nice look and was pretty comfortable inside. The drive was so so. Turning was not a smooth as expected. The fit - noticed unusually large gaps around doors and trunk.

The car did have a few big annoyances. The door lock button is hidden under the arm rest/door pull so it's a bit awkward to get to, and not visible from the drivers position. The 12v/cigarette lighter socket was located in the center console and was close enough to the corner of the well it was in that it make plugging in to it cramped - you had to keep rotating the plug until you found room for it to fit.

The climate control system was most annoying. When you turned the car off, the climate control turned off and reset. When you started the car again, the climate control system remained turned off. When you turned it on, it had been reset to defaults rather then retain the temperature and fan settings you had when you shut the car off. This is the first car I ever recall getting that functioned like this. Most will start when the car starts and retain their previous settings. One of the reasons people use a remote start - to get the car to the right temp before getting into it.

The car that you rented was either a 2011 or 2012, as the 2013 is not out yet. The 2013 will be all new. Regarding the climate control issue - all Nissan's retain climate control settings, just like all other car manufacturer's vehicles. If it didn't, there was something wrong that needed to be serviced. In fact you mentioned remote start - that will be available on the 2013 Altima, partially for the purpose of pre-conditioning your vehicle.

Back