Nissan Sets 1,500 - 2,000 DC Quick Charging Target for U.S.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luft

This could be exactly what we need. Nissan is aware of the relationship between access to affordable quick charging and the success of EVs.

http://www.greencarreports.com/news...2000-dc-quick-charging-target-for-u-s-by-2014

And if companies set a reasonable rate for subscriptions everyone will win. EV drivers will be able to drive farther for less and EV adoption will increase because EVs will be so much cheaper to operate and the range issue will not be a major problem any longer.

I think what these companies need to understand is that at the correct pricing point people will subscribe for the peace of mind and for the ability to occasionally take longer trips but will not use the chargers all that often. Charging at home will still be more convenient for most but knowing that if they run low on charge they can plug in and in twenty minutes be good to go has real value.

If companies in Japan can offer $38.00 / month subscriptions there is no reason that US companies couldn't. It is more expensive to live in Japan than here. Let's hope that US companies see the wisdom of selling relatively cheap subscriptions to many thousands rather that expensive subscriptions to a few hundred.

Back