Nissan portable charger wall holster need one

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BenInCastleRock said:
I was interested in buying a second charger wall mount so I could have 1 at my 50 amp outlet and 1 at my 15 amp outlet and I came across this old thread. If anyone is looking for a wall mount, it's called the "EVSE Holder" and it's Nissan part #296M8-5SA0A.

https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/parts/nissan-holder-assy-evse~296m8-5sa0a.html

NDihQy.png

Installation instructions:

$66.70??? :shock:

When I bought my 2019 SV Plus w/tech pig, I didn’t get the holster. Then again when I got home I found that I had the older 120v only ESEV. I had to call Nissan Corp and complain. The dealership “lost” the 120/240v EVSE. A replacement had to be ordered. It was on back order so I elected to get settlement $800 check from the dealership. I then bought a ESEV on eBay for $208, bag for $80 and holster for $55. I bought a second Nissan EVSE on eBay to install in my cabin.

When I got my recent 2020 SL+ everything was in the trunk. There was the EVSE, canvas storage bag and there was a holster in the truck wrapped in bubble wrap.

DaveinOlyWA said:
BenInCastleRock said:
I was interested in buying a second charger wall mount so I could have 1 at my 50 amp outlet and 1 at my 15 amp outlet and I came across this old thread. If anyone is looking for a wall mount, it's called the "EVSE Holder" and it's Nissan part #296M8-5SA0A.

https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/parts/nissan-holder-assy-evse~296m8-5sa0a.html

NDihQy.png

Installation instructions:

$66.70??? :shock:

Yes it’s pricy at $66 but it’s less than a tank of gas in my diesel F350. Pay for it once and cry once. Then you will enjoy the utility of the holster for a long time.

It does a good job of securing the EVSE.

uJvjPjel.jpg

Hi all, fairly new here, and new to my (used) Leaf.

Setting up a dedicated 120v outlet for overnight charging and it seems the weight of the "brick" indicates the wall holder will prevent strain on the plug. Managed to snag one on eBay for $39 including sales tax and shipping.

Now to consider some anti-theft provisions for the brick as the Leaf is only in a carport. Any suggestion, please feel free to share.

Thanks.

Steve4Leaf said:
Hi all, fairly new here, and new to my (used) Leaf.

Setting up a dedicated 120v outlet for overnight charging and it seems the weight of the "brick" indicates the wall holder will prevent strain on the plug. Managed to snag one on eBay for $39 including sales tax and shipping.

Now to consider some anti-theft provisions for the brick as the Leaf is only in a carport. Any suggestion, please feel free to share.

Thanks.
Welcome to the forum. Not sure about the newer model year Leafs but the older ones like mine has a button on the dash to lock the J1772 handle to the car, to prevent unauthorized unplugging and also deter theft of the EVSE. True if someone really wanted to steal the EVSE they could probably just rip the handle from the car, and probably cause damage in the process, but it does keep the honest people from walking away from your charger. You can also easily find and install hinged outlet covers that have holes to install a padlock. Again that would basically be for the honest people as one could probably easily break the plastic cover off but it would be a slight deterrent. Probably the most secure thing you could do would be to purchase a hardwired wall mount EVSE but you might not be interested in that option for several reasons.

Our "brick" or evse right after the wall plug does have 2 (or is it 4) small mounting holes in the corners that you could screw it to the wall. A long time ago I did this, but really to prevent the weight of the evse from hanging on the plug. If you used security screws or some screw with an unusual head it would deter theft. But as jjeff noted if someone really wanted to they could rip it off the wall.

Also if I remember correctly you can set it so if the car is locked it also locked the 1772 handle in the charge port of the car.

Back