Nissan NZ refusing to Service/Repair Imported Nissan Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cwerdna said:
Lasareath said:
Did you have the PDM update done?

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=13194&" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Usually most people start having issues around 3000 miles.
It needed the PDM update at ~2200 miles (http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=329929#p329929" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;).

Do Japanese made need the update too, or just if made in TN?

SteveInSeattle said:
There is no business opportunity-- the chances that a few dozen Leaf's will need anything is near zero. Very few Leaf owners have had issues. You get a bit of a distorted persective on the forum because people post issues far more often than "my Leaf was perfect today"-- and by the way MY Leaf WAS perfect today. In the (almost) three years I've owned the two, not one issue.

True. But what to do if they do need a trained tech? Maybe buy the equipment and fly a tech in from somewhere when needed? Ship the car out for repairs? All because NZ dealers prefer extortion to a reasonable mark-up, such that people have to import themselves? And warranties don't transfer? And NZ, which I thought had some green consciousness, is hands off? I'm not a big fan of lawyers, but sometimes they come in handy.

According to the Takapuna Nissan Dealership, they have been instructed by Nissan NZ not to supply parts or services to these imported Nissan Leafs. I don't understand why is Nissan NZ going the opposite direction when the Nissan CEO - Carlos Ghosn is promising 1.5m EVs by 2020.

I'm getting to my last battery bar on supporting the Leaf as Nissan NZ keep blasting the AC at every corner with refusal of service. Mitsubishi NZ will happily service an imported japanese Mitsubishi i-MiEV, I wonder if Mitsubishi would service my imported Leaf as well? Maybe it's time to move to the Mitsubishi i-MiEV..

I suspect Mitsubishi NZ has more history and is more relaxed about servicing EVs than Nissan NZ, perhaps they could service the Nissan as well. It seems in OZ the dealers are the middleman (not the manufacturers) and perhaps its the same in NZ. Hint, is the car dealer more than one brand of car in their group?

They're now servicing imported Japanese Nissan Leaf. I've used the New Market , Nissan Service Dept. If they don't do the same in your area, Toyota Dealership should be able to service your leaf.

Back