Nissan LEAF to be Produced in China Starting in 2015

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wennfred

Nissan LEAF to be Produced in China Starting in 2015

2013 Nissan LEAF
Come 2015, Nissan will have added one more production site for the LEAF.
Venucia Logo
Media reports are out saying that Nissan will begin Chinese production of the LEAF starting in 2015.

Though the LEAF is currently available in China, the units sold there are not produced domestically. This, in turn, drives up the Chinese price on the LEAF due to ridiculous agreements the Chinese government forces automakers to sign in order to sell there.

By producing the LEAF within China, its price will drop dramatically and its name will change to Venucia e30 to denote that it’s a vehicle created by the Nissan-Dongfeng joint venture.

Once online, the Chinese LEAF production site will become Nissan’s 4th LEAF factory in the world (UK, USA, Japan an China). The site in China is not expected to export LEAFs to other nations.

The China-specific LEAF is not expected to differ much from LEAFs on sale in other parts of the world.

http://insideevs.com/nissan-leaf-to-be-produced-in-china-starting-in-2015/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wonder if it will use CHAdeMO chargers... it would give a big boost to the argument in favor of it worldwide. Might bring down the charger prices to competitive with j1772 plugs.

CHAdeMo chargers are complicated devices whereas J1772 EVSEs are quite simple... Thus, I don't see there ever being a parity in pricing...

jsongster said:
I wonder if it will use CHAdeMO chargers... it would give a big boost to the argument in favor of it worldwide. Might bring down the charger prices to competitive with j1772 plugs.

Back