Nissan Leaf Deliveries : 19 in Dec to 87 in Jan ...........

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skindogg79

Progress is being made. According to Nissannews.com, there were 19 Leaf Deliveries in December. That number has climbed to 87 for January. While these numbers are still small, its great that there are over 100 leafs now on the road. As production is ramping up, I'm sure we'll see that number climb into the hundreds for February. Woohoo. Let the electric revolution begin. :)

Mike S.

By the way, that's for U.S. only. We know there are sales in Japan and UK, we are starting to see LEAF owners from these countries register on Carwings.

Skindogg79 said:
Woohoo. Let the electric revolution begin.

Ramping up at that rate they are on track to be delivering 1.6M cars/month by the end of the year. By the end of 2012 the worldwide fleet will have been electrified.

LTLFTcomposite said:
Ramping up at that rate they are on track to be delivering 1.6M cars/month by the end of the year. By the end of 2012 the worldwide fleet will have been electrified.
Use arithmetic progression rather than geometric ;-)

LTLFTcomposite said:

extrapolating.png

Well, I saw my first one on the road yesterday, (sky blue in Los Altos), so there must be millions of 'em out there already.

Rat said:
What!!! Someone stole my car before I even bought it! :eek:
Yup, at Foothill and Homestead. I thought it was you. No wonder the guy sped out of sight so quickly, driving it like it was stolen.... it was!

jhm614 said:
LTLFTcomposite said:

extrapolating.png

Yep, and in a few months, the accumulated weight of old National Geographics and Car & Drivers will break through the earth's crust in several locations.

I'd like to nominate a new candidate for Understatement Achievement Awards:
"It's a good public relations move," said Mike Omotoso, an industry analyst with the market research firm J.D. Power and Assoc., "because Nissan seems to be having some trouble delivering the Leaf."

I do like the term "early adapter", though. I'm going to use that. :)

GroundLoop said:
19 Leaf deliveries in December?
I call BS on that. Try 6.
Sales are generally counted when they are sold or delivered to the dealer. So technically both numbers are correct depending on your definition of "delivery".

GM sold 326 Volts in December and 321 in January. So sales have already peaked? Is that why they have to expand sales to all 50 states? :lol:

I believe that Nissan has at least 5,000 firm orders in the U S. I also believe that this number far outstrips the number of orders and sold cars that the Volt has currently. In a few months, the media will be applauding Nissan for the number of cars sold. That ofcourse is provided that they can ramp up production.

muus said:
GM sold 326 Volts in December and 321 in January. So sales have already peaked? Is that why they have to expand sales to all 50 states? :lol:

No they haven't peaked.

GM has been runnng about 1/3 to half speed on the line consistantly. The reason December was so much higher is that all of Novembers production was held at the factory waitng on the 'Recognition ceremony' which got delayed back 3 weeks to Novembr 30th because of the IPO roadshow. The General had about 300 cars done and sitting on the lot in Hamtramck waiting to ship...so December's number was artificially inflated.

Random thing: Nissan dropped over 500 cars just this week in Japan. I'd wager they are around 2,000 shipped in Japan when we get the numbers in.

I've been thinking about the "world" rankings on the Carwings site. The only non-US car I've seen is a UK car or two, nothing in the "Standings" from Japan, although on the ECO Tree display you can see that they are making ECO trees. I hope that the other non-US cars will be visible in Carwings....

Statik said:
muus said:

No they haven't peaked.

GM has been runnng about 1/3 to half speed on the line consistantly. The reason December was so much higher is that all of Novembers production was held at the factory waitng on the 'Recognition ceremony' which got delayed back 3 weeks to Novembr 30th because of the IPO roadshow. The General had about 300 cars done and sitting on the lot in Hamtramck waiting to ship...so December's number was artificially inflated.

Random thing: Nissan dropped over 500 cars just this week in Japan. I'd wager they are around 2,000 shipped in Japan when we get the numbers in.

When you say "dropped" what does that mean ,, sold , delivered to dealers?

then you say "2000 shipped" ? is that shipped out like to USA or other countries?

Statik said:
Hey, where are you getting this info from ?

In the journalist jaunts they had - it was quoted that they have produced 3K cars, so not surprising.

Back