Nissan leaf 2012 electric parking brake dead

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bheam

Hi,

My nissan leaf started to have problems releasing the hand brake, and kept making whining noises so i sent it to repair shop. They told me the braking cables were broke and had to be changed because of rust or expansion or something. So i ordered two new cables and they switched them.

Then. Next they tell me they can't run the "zero point learning" calibration, as it starts pulling wires in, then stops with error saying call dealer.

Now i read online that this means I have to replace the entire actuator which costs about $1000, and some say i can't even replace it because it's paired with the car? Which probably means i need to use Nissan for repair that will about triple the repair bill?

So far i used $600 on the new cables and workshop hours. Is there any way I can do the "zero point learning" at home? I read the leaf spy had the feature, but i checked and can't confirm.

Could the parking brake motor be repairable? Could the tension sensor be broke and replaceable as a single part?

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Back