Nissan building van for GM, Possible EV version?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ingineer

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1084167_could-small-2015-chevy-cargo-express-van-offer-all-electric-model" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Very strange to me that GM's going to buy vans from Nissan!

chevrolet_100427253_l.jpg

nissan-e-nv200-electric-van-prototype-oppama-japan-oct-2012_100405848_l.jpg

-Phil

Yeah, I saw a story about Chevy selling rebadged Nissan vans the other day. Very weird. Didn't really think much of the EV angle. If they did, I wonder if it'd count towards GM's CA ZEV compliance?

Awhile ago, I posted at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9395" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; about rebadged JDM Nissan Fugas (Infiniti M here) being sold as the Mitsubishi Proudia and Dignity.

Even tho they are the same they sure look different.

Interesting guess on the credits.

This page shows similar numbers for ZEV
LDT1 = light duty truck 0-3750 lbs
LDT2 = light duty truck 3751-8500 lbs

Manufacturer / car|LDT1 / LDT2
General Motors / 70,946 / 82,699
Nissan / 83,575 / 21,146

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/zevprog/zevcredits/2011zevcredits.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'd like the eNV200 for more cargo and passenger space than my Leaf, but with the same 80kW motor, (and same suspension?), won't it have the same weight capacity as the Leaf? Kinda defeats the purpose.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
I'd like the eNV200 for more cargo and passenger space than my Leaf, but with the same 80kW motor, (and same suspension?), won't it have the same weight capacity as the Leaf? Kinda defeats the purpose.

I am ABSOLUTELY confident that the suspension / wheels / tires / brakes will all match the needed Gross Vehicle Weight requirements.

Just like the LEAF doesn't use the 4 lug bolt wheels of the Versa, but it certainly uses the Versa suspension.

I sure hope so. The ability to haul 7 people and camping gear and kayaks would be great. Or pull the seats out and move bulky things, stuff the Leaf just can't handle. Can't wait to test drive one.

All that weight will cut the range down, but we can deal with that.

Think the 80 kW motor is good enough for heavier weight loads?

SteveInSeattle said:
Ford bought vans from Nissan for 10 years, the mercury Villager.

Actually the first and second generation Nissan Quest was a joint cooperative effort between Ford and Nissan. Some of the first gen Quests, and all of the 2nd gen ones, were built by Ford in Ohio alongside its Mercury Villager twin. What Ford did buy from Nissan was the V-6 used for both brands.

Now what I can't understand is why GM chose Nissan for a small van platform, rather than their own Opel subsidiary which has been making them for decades. I can understand not importing them directly from Germany due to the costs, but certainly building the same design in a US factory.

cwerdna said:
JDM Nissan Fugas (Infiniti M here) being sold as the Mitsubishi Proudia and Dignity.

O/T but the Japanese have some of the funniest car names on the planet. Imagine the owner of a Mitsubishi Dignity being unable to find his car, and telling the police "I lost my Dignity!" :lol:

Still holding out hope that Mazda will finally bring over their Bongo van.

Back