Nissan announces Leaf Rollout : 15 states by April 2011

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coming in August

we're making changes to the Nissan LEAF website. the enhanced experience will include:

* the Nissan LEAF payment estimator - estimate your monthly lease or finance payment
* enhanced vehicle configurator - an eco design package, hologram kickplates and more factory accessories will be available through our enhanced configurator
* updated range and battery lifecycle information - more on how Nissan LEAF fits your driving lifestyle

What the heck is hologram kickplates??

Gavin

sjfotos said:
:) Yeah, I figured as much though...my personal Pennsylvania strategy is to tell myself that it gives me more time to prepare...of course, it is just an excuse!

Steve, I feel bad for you and others in PA. You have been so excited and involved with this since the beginning. Maybe you could arrange a test drive in Maryland or Virginia this fall. I would think your Nissan dealer could arrange that for you.

It's odd that the chart says ordering begins in Arizona in August but my email says "September".

What month is mentioned in the emails of other Arizona people, August or September?

Just got my email. I am in San Diego (and was a approved for a free charger). My reservation date was 6-02-10. My email says I'll be eligible to order in January 2011. Must be because I was late on the list.

September - (Free Charger Program too)

Another post stated that the on-line chat folks said late August early September.

Carlos
Phx AZ

Gavin said:
What the heck is hologram kickplates??

Gavin

In a car, the kickplate is usually a protective/decorative plate on the door sill. You step over it when you get in the car. Normally it is only visible when the door is open. However, it could also be a plate mounted at the bottom of the inside door panel. I assume the "hologram" part is just a fancy decoration on the plate. But, of course, this is all just my best guess.

Although California is mentioned in the first column states, it is not clear to me that every city or region of California will be in the first wave. It's a big state.

Rat said:
Although California is mentioned in the first column states, it is not clear to me that every city or region of California will be in the first wave. It's a big state.
The entire state of California is included. I'm virtually in the middle of nowhere here in the rural area between Fresno and Bakersfield, so I confirmed this early on both on Nissan chat and with the local dealership. BTW, I get to order in September! :)

sc23 said:
Just got my email. I am in San Diego (and was a approved for a free charger). My reservation date was 6-02-10. My email says I'll be eligible to order in January 2011. Must be because I was late on the list.
I was just a few days before you in reserving and am also in one of the "launch 5" states and also drew a January slot. All our August buddies here can shake out the first few bugs in the platform for us. :)

I am in Santa Barbara, CA, reserved 4/20/2010, and my email states "We just wanted to let you know you'll be able to order your new Nissan Leaf in October 2010

Back