Nissan announces Leaf Rollout : 15 states by April 2011

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evnow

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/nissan-announces-national-market-roll-out-plan-for-zero-emission-nissan-leaf-99321244.html

Nissan LEAF will be introduced to Texas and Hawaii shortly thereafter, in January 2011; North Carolina, Florida, Georgia, Washington DC, Virginia, Maryland, South Carolina and Alabama follow in April 2011; and be rolled-out to the balance of the nation beginning in Fall 2011 with availability in all markets nationwide by the end of that year.

Hmmm ... we should expect a mail today ?

Consumers who have placed reservations for the Nissan LEAF received a communication today regarding market timing and next steps in ordering the all-electric vehicle.

Sigh...no New Mexico...at least not till years end...

I was willing to wait a bit and buy local, but if it will be almost a years wait, I will keep my Phoenix reservation address and just flatbed truck it home.

Still good news that Nissan is pushing out to more states quickly...sadly New Mexico is the Rodney Dangerfield of states...

Gavin

Gavin said:
Sigh...no New Mexico...at least not till years end...

I was willing to wait a bit and buy local, but if it will be almost a years wait, I will keep my Phoenix reservation address and just flatbed truck it home.

Still good news that Nissan is pushing out to more states quickly...sadly New Mexico is the Rodney Dangerfield of states...

Gavin

You should have a quiet conversation with your Phoenix dealer and see if he would be able to deliver closer to your home. Who knows - the carrier might drive right past your house on the way to Phoenix. They may be able to do something where they drop it at your place, or your local dealer and have your local dealer do the "prep" work (whatever prep work really is besides maybe washing the car).

The dealer that I talked with said they would be happy to deliver to my door - 125 miles away from the dealership.

Yeah...heck they jump right over us...cali, az, skip NM, TX....

grrr...

On one hand it seems silly...as you said we are a warm state, lots of green types as we are a very outdoors state, we have wind power and solar, and we have the right size cities for the car (Leaf would be perfect for Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Las Cruces...so all our "cities"....and the drive between Albuquerque to Santa Fe is 60 miles, so that is good if there is a charge station at each end.

But on the other hand....we only have about 1.5 million people in the whole state. We are not a wealthy state.

Still between the hippies and the yuppies and the greenies, Nissan could sell quite a few LEAFs here...and it's not like we would take so many that we hurt sales in other states...

Oh well....hello phoenix...i guess AZ really needs the money right now anyways....

awful side rant...confused...
(rant removed...i really don't want to get politics mixed up here...so i will work out the issues on my own.)

Gavin

They've added a new link on your account page: http://www.nissanusa.com/leaf-electric-car/dashboard/myLeafEta

It has a complete roll-out schedule; also, they just tweeted that the 5-state roll-out covers 55% of reservations (not me). Nice!

Summary:

Same 5 in Tier 1 (August Reservations)
Tier 2 is TX and HI (September)
Tier 3 is the South East: MD, DC, VA, NC, SC, GA, AL, FL (December)
And the rest (no doubt including Canada) is now fall / winter 2011.

Oh, I feel for you my Pennsylvanian brothers and sisters! So close and yet so far! NM is a tragedy because NM is a just plain cool state! They probably got confused like most Americans and thought you were a part of Mexico Mexico like Chihuahua or Baja Nord or something! Gringos! And not that we've heard much from the rest of the South: LA and MS are sadly absent from even the 3rd tier! Geesh!

rollout.jpg

TimeHorse said:
They've added a new link on your account page: http://www.nissanusa.com/leaf-electric-car/dashboard/myLeafEta

It has a complete roll-out schedule; also, they just tweeted that the 5-state roll-out covers 55% of reservations (not me). Nice!

Summary:

Same 5 in Tier 1 (August Reservations)
Tier 2 is TX and HI (September)
Tier 3 is the South East: MD, DC, VA, NC, SC, GA, AL, FL (December)
And the rest (no doubt including Canada) is now fall / winter 2011.

Oh, I feel for you my Pennsylvanian brothers and sisters! So close and yet so far!

:) Yeah, I figured as much though...my personal Pennsylvania strategy is to tell myself that it gives me more time to prepare...of course, it is just an excuse!

Well, all I have to say about living in WI is that maybe they'll work a few bugs out and get the onboard charger up to 6.6Kw by the time they get to us.

mwalsh said:
Here's a little nugget. On this page:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=2302122#!/nissanleaf?v=app_10531514314

It says:

orders begin*
*based on reservation priority.

So maybe there is something to be said for an early reservation after all!

My thoughts on this are that reservation order is a factor in offering firm orders by region. So those in Phoenix with early reseravation numbers will get the first opportunity to place a firm order. Earlier reservations first. Someone with an earlier registration in Nebraska would be sequenced into the mix in late 2011. Only my thoughts...

LEAFguy said:
My thoughts on this are that reservation order is a factor in offering firm orders by region. So those in Phoenix with early reservation numbers will get the first opportunity to place a firm order. Earlier reservations first. Someone with an earlier registration in Nebraska would be sequenced into the mix in late 2011. Only my thoughts...

But of course.

LEAFguy said:
My thoughts on this are that reservation order is a factor in offering firm orders by region.

Yes - I think people with earlier reservation get emails earlier to reserve. But if the person delays ordering he will fall back in the line.

Person who has reserved early & orders as soon as getting the email - will be ahead. I think the final order sets the real delivery priority.

LeafHopper said:
I refuse to place an order before I have a test drive. Their plan for the EV Project markets says August contract. But the test drives will not occur until September or after. No thanks. I am an early adopter of computers and cameras, but not cars.

It'll be your long wait to finally get one over a $99 reservation that's cancellable...I mean seriously...it's $99.00

evnow said:
Yes - I think people with earlier reservation get emails earlier to reserve. But if the person delays ordering he will fall back in the line.

Person who has reserved early & orders as soon as getting the email - will be ahead. I think the final order sets the real delivery priority.

Quite. If you're in the initial roll-out and you dawdle, putz around, or dare to go on a vacation without computer access during August, you'll be toast for December delivery no matter how early you reserved in April.

LeafHopper said:
I refuse to place an order before I have a test drive. Their plan for the EV Project markets says August contract. But the test drives will not occur until September or after. No thanks. I am an early adopter of computers and cameras, but not cars.

LeafHopper...even IF you order in August or whatever month it is, without driving the car, you won't have to put any more money down until you take delivery, so I'm going to order immediately (Phoenix area) whether I decide to lease it or let it go after the test drive OR if it is delayed way into 2011. :)

Back