Nissan Addresses Slow LEAF Launch

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tps said:
smkettner said:
I am just not sure why so many RAQs were allowed on 8/31 through 9/5
They may not have been planning on the Japanese diversion when they allowed those RAQs.
Right. They would not have known at that time that the tax rebate may not be extended in Japan.

stevedj98 said:
My dashboard has just changed from April, 2011 to May, 2011.

Chattanooga, Tennessee here.

From what I can see, you don't have your data in the spreadsheet yet. If you enter it now, you'd be the first with a May delivery date! A dubious honor, perhaps, but a first nonetheless.

This morning as I was listening to the radio the news came on with a story about the Nissan Leaf delayed delivery. Basically the story said if you are waiting for your car to show up soon, be prepared for waiting until May or June before deliveries resume. I just groaned. Now I am wondering if what has been delivered is it for a while. Nissan should at least send a few thru to the US just to keep us excited. I would think a sudden stoppage in deliveries would be bad PR.

MaryC said:
Now I am wondering if what has been delivered is it for a while. Nissan should at least send a few thru to the US just to keep us excited. I would think a sudden stoppage in deliveries would be bad PR.
No - my Leaf is sitting in Long Beach. So there will be a handful of deliveries in Feb. Again a handful in March. April/May onwards I expect hundreds if not a thousand cars each month.

EVNOW- what makes you think your LEAF is sitting in Long Beach? Just wondering how you are guessing or found that out (we have similar ETAs.

Stevedj, What was your reservation date and order date?

Reservation date: 4/20/10

Order Confirmation: 10/4/10

EV Project Garage Inspection: 9/17/10

EV Project Paperwork Signed: 10/4/10

Expected Delivery: May, 2011

stevedj98 said:
Reservation date: 4/20/10
Order Confirmation: 10/4/10
EV Project Garage Inspection: 9/17/10
EV Project Paperwork Signed: 10/4/10
Expected Delivery: May, 2011
Should add that to the spreadsheet if you haven't already - will help fill in some info for October orders...

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1949&start=670

I live in the same area as Randy, who already has his Leaf.
I placed my order before Steve, who already has an expected delivery date.
Yet I'm still "pending" :roll:

(and I'm sure a lot of us are in the same boat)

I really don't mind waiting as long as long as there's some logical process to this, as long as there's a clear picture of the delivery schedule.
Whatever process Nissan is using for scheduling is totally wacky, and nobody has yet been able to figure it out :x

Production "batching" (groups) are most likely done by:

Area, & Reservation date, hour, minute, and second
of your "sufficiently complete" entry into Nissan's database ...
which we have no real way of knowing.

Then, deliveries of each "batch" will most likely be:
Randomized over several weeks due to variations in:
loading, shipping, unloading and parking sequence, QC activities, any fixes, transportation, dealer procedures, etc.

Back