News reports out of Yokohama

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nubo said:
http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/motors/2010/06/14/live-launch-blog-nissan-leaf/

We have just driven the LEAF in as close to production form as you can get and while we will reserve the full driving impressions until the review in Motors on the 23rd of June, we will say that we are incredibly impressed. It surpasses anything we have yet tried in an EV.

Moving all range related posts to the other range thread.

Let us keep this thread non-range related.

Yanquetino said:
I suggest that we post links in this thread to reports on the test drives in Tokyo this week.

Along those lines, I've changed the thread title to be more general.

Looks like that bag in the back is somewhat large for just a 120v EVSE. Maybe it contains the Japanese 240v (220?) EVSE plug-in version?

Or, possibly a jack, lug-nut wrench, and tire-patch kit as well?

It would be nice if somebody opens it and takes pictures of the contents.

Anyone notice that it looks like they've stolen some trunk space for that deal behind the rear seat. Wonder if that contains additional battery modules beyond the ones that were in the proto?

Before:
nissan-leaf_hi_020.jpg

After:
Interior%20Leaf.JPG

garygid said:
Notice the strange little molded-in "bump" along the right side of the bottom edge, mostly hiding behind the "EVSE kit"?

What was changed or added here?

How about cabling for the additional batteries?

Edit: BTW, anyone notice that car is LHD/US spec? JDM cars would be RHD!

evnow said:
Will the new high back hump make it higher than the seats pulled down ?

Actually, I think the opposite will hold true...I think you've got a better shot at having that be a flat surface now. On the proto it looks like the folded seat backs would have been yet another few inches up from where the battery pack ends.

http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100614/OEM05/306149945/1137

Engineers say it goes from 0 to 62 mph in a little under 10 seconds.
-- The recharging cable is stored in a backpacklike bag tethered to the side of the trunk.

-- There is a large circuit-breaker switch on the back seat floor for emergency power shutdown.

Back