New SV bank of switches not hooked up from factory

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
apvbguy said:
LeftieBiker said:
I spent some time washing, paint decon, claying, polishing and applying OptiCoat Pro to paint, trim, door jambs and wheels.

Nice. Looks like my car, but detailed! Maybe it's just the Cynic in me, but I find myself wondering if refusing the "prep" fee had anything to do with those switches not being connected...
prep fees are just another dealership scam, when you buy a car you must be delivered a car that is clean and in working order

Unless you request that they not clean it. They will scratch the paint, it takes long enough to properly detail a car, I dont need to add more time by having to polish out the scratches that the hacks put in the paint.

Called my salesmen who is Aziz at Town Center Nissan in GA. He said he will give me a loaner for the afternoon to do some shopping in the area that we need to do anyway. Will update after the appointment on Friday.

feeth said:
Called my salesmen who is Aziz at Town Center Nissan in GA. He said he will give me a loaner for the afternoon to do some shopping in the area that we need to do anyway. Will update after the appointment on Friday.

Will he give you a LEAF as a loaner? He said they never give the LEAFs out as loaners, so I'm just curious... And how come you have an appointment on Friday since their LEAF tech is out until Tuesday?

cracovian said:
feeth said:

Will he give you a LEAF as a loaner? He said they never give the LEAFs out as loaners, so I'm just curious... And how come you have an appointment on Friday since their LEAF tech is out until Tuesday?

Well shat. Care less about the type of loaner, he just said one of my demo's. But the tech being out till Tuesday will be an issue. Thanks for the heads up will call tomorrow and find out.

am I reading this correctly===someone would pay the dealer a prep fee?When I buy a vehicle it BETTER be awesome,OR i'm gone.Never have not seen a nice car on pick-up,though.

epic said:
am I reading this correctly===someone would pay the dealer a prep fee?When I buy a vehicle it BETTER be awesome,OR i'm gone.Never have not seen a nice car on pick-up,though.

As a pro detailer, I can show you pics of "new" cars that look horrible. Swirls from brush washes, wool marks and holograms in the paint from the $8/hr "detailer" at the dealership running his "wheel" over it in record time. Sanding marks and scratches from the factory...

Here is a pic of one of the two black Tesla's (02/13 build date) with sanding marks from the factory. They covered about 40% of the clear. Took 4 days to fully correct.

They are better now, but most still require 2 days of work to get right.

2nuf.jpg

It came out just a little better:

esjz.jpg

Back