New SV bank of switches not hooked up from factory

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

feeth

Heated steering wheel and charging door release not working. I removed the side fuse box cover from the side and saw this

j4an.jpg

:evil:

Dealer I purchased from is 60 miles away. Would you take it to a closer dealership and put up with that "why didn't you buy it here BS?" Or just go back to purchasing dealer?

It appears at least 2 panels have to be removed to hook them back up, so I'd rather not DIY and risk breaking something.

Guess they can't get them out quick enough?!

With all those sales in Georgia.

Id go back to your dealer.

Lasareath said:
Guess they can't get them out quick enough?!

With all those sales in Georgia.

Id go back to your dealer.

I have to go back up that way in a week or so, might as well take it to them.

I get my LEAFs serviced at the closest dealer, but bought neither from them. Not only has there never been a problem they have gone out of their way to tell me that I am welcome there for warranty work despite not buying there.

Can't hurt to try the locals. You might be pleasantly surprised. For my last battery check/recall work I decided to go to a dealership that's just across from my workplace even though I didn't buy the car there. They were far more professional and helpful than the service dept where I'd bought it. In fact if I decide to lease another LEAF, I'll definitely be giving this place the first shot at my business.

feeth said:
Dealer I purchased from is 60 miles away. Would you take it to a closer dealership and put up with that "why didn't you buy it here BS?" Or just go back to purchasing dealer?
as for the poor condition of the vehicle upon delivery, shame on Nissan, that said if you just want it fixed bring to the closest dealer, if you want to make a stink to the guy who sold and delivered a vehicle that wasn't put together properly and then not QC tested by either the factory or the delivering dealership you can 1, contact Nissan USA or 2, bring it back to the dealership who sold it to you and complain however there isn't veru much to be gained, they already have your money.

as for a service dept ever giving you nonsense about whom you bought the car from, I have only encountered that once, a MB dealership who tried to not provide a loaner when servicing my car, a few not so kind words to management took care of that issue.

LTLFTcomposite said:
Did they charge you a "dealer prep" fee? (Which is often claimed to include a thorough inspection)

No and I refused any prep (washing) as I'm a pro detailer.

I spent some time washing, paint decon, claying, polishing and applying OptiCoat Pro to paint, trim, door jambs and wheels.

m6om.jpg

I spent some time washing, paint decon, claying, polishing and applying OptiCoat Pro to paint, trim, door jambs and wheels.

Nice. Looks like my car, but detailed! Maybe it's just the Cynic in me, but I find myself wondering if refusing the "prep" fee had anything to do with those switches not being connected...

LeftieBiker said:

Nice. Looks like my car, but detailed! Maybe it's just the Cynic in me, but I find myself wondering if refusing the "prep" fee had anything to do with those switches not being connected...

Do you really think the bozos that they pay pennies to scratch your car up would check if switches work?

feeth said:
LeftieBiker said:

Do you really think the bozos that they pay pennies to scratch your car up would check if switches work?

I was thinking more along the lines of the service department disconnecting them.

LeftieBiker said:
I was thinking more along the lines of the service department disconnecting them.

You just never know if they had to do something in the area.

Anything is possible.

LeftieBiker said:

prep fees are just another dealership scam, when you buy a car you must be delivered a car that is clean and in working order

Back