New Nissan Juke Wheels

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know in racing, even a few pounds of unsprung/rotating weight can make a noticeable difference.
I found these 17" wheels from tire rack are only a little over 17lbs each. So this would be a savings for 16lbs total compared to stock
(assuming stock wheels are about 21 lbs?). Of course the ideal situation would be to find some 17" tires that are as light as the factory 16" tires.

However, does an open spoke design cause a lot more aerodynamic loss? I know a lot of aerodynamic wheels are more of the flat disc face type.

The recommended tire size is 205/50/17 for similar diameter to the factory 205/55/16 inch wheels. Staying with fairly small/light tires/wheels I think is key to maintaining economy numbers.

17inchwheels.jpg

Looks very good in 17! The +1 setup I figured out was Enkei RPF1 in 17x7 +43 and 15.15lbs each. LRR 17 tires are slim pickings but I would run 205/50-17 which is easy on a 7" wide rim. This would keep the wheel frontal area the same and you could also run some cheap sticky tires like this Hankook;

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Hankook&tireModel=Ventus+V12+evo+K110&partnum=05YR7K110XL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes&tab=Specs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2 pounds lighter than stock and cheap enough to burn through and replace. The 36lb total weight savings in inertia would likely offset the lack of LRR.

KillaWhat said:

That setup is probably quite a bit heavier than stock....any noticeable effect on economy? How does tire noise compare to stock?
Also does anyone know how much heavier the Juke wheel is than stock? I might be able to get a fairly cheap set next week.

ELROY said:
That setup is probably quite a bit heavier than stock....any noticeable effect on economy? How does tire noise compare to stock?
Also does anyone know how much heavier the Juke wheel is than stock? I might be able to get a fairly cheap set next week.

I had a very similar setup on my black LEAF; the only difference is 215 tires, instead of 225.

When the tires were new, the hit to economy is noticeable, however after 500 miles, the hit to economy is only a few percent.

TonyWilliams said:
ELROY said:

I had a very similar setup on my black LEAF; the only difference is 215 tires, instead of 225.

When the tires were new, the hit to economy is noticeable, however after 500 miles, the hit to economy is only a few percent.

I agree.
Initially, there was noticeable range loss, but after a while it lessened.
Also, it's been COLD (6F to 17F) here for a while, so there are other variables.
DECREASE in noise, serious increase in handling and braking, and it looks better.
I don't test the range. I just use it for errands. run around, get it down in the 20 range, and plug it in.

ELROY said:
I might be able to get a fairly cheap set next week.
How do you get a set cheap? eBay seems to be around $100 a wheel. Actually don't tell me, I can't afford to pay for the nice rubber anyway. :lol:

Juke stock wheels and tires are 215/55/ R17 But looks like what most of you guys are going with are Juke rims with 215/45/ 17 or 224/45/ 17 I would like to pick up a stock set with tires and just bolt on. So will the stock rims and tires not fit the Leaf?

leafmatt said:
Juke stock wheels and tires are 215/55/ R17 But looks like what most of you guys are going with are Juke rims with 215/45/ 17 or 224/45/ 17 I would like to pick up a stock set with tires and just bolt on. So will the stock rims and tires not fit the Leaf?
The Juke tires are about 1.4" larger in diameter, so it's possible that there may be clearance issues in the front under full-lock, but I doubt it. Aside from that possible issue, the larger diameter will make your speedo/odometer read about 6% slower than normal.

drees said:
leafmatt said:
The Juke tires are about 1.4" larger in diameter, so it's possible that there may be clearance issues in the front under full-lock, but I doubt it. Aside from that possible issue, the larger diameter will make your speedo/odometer read about 6% slower than normal.

Speedo can be adjusted in the Maintenance Page of the navigation screen.

RADIO OFF
MAP, MAP, MAP
RADIO POWER, RADIO POWER
MAP

Sometimes it takes several tries.

There is a set of Juke wheels on Ebay with around 7500 miles on them.
Slight curb rash, and you have to pick them up (Bay Area).
But probably can't beat the $200 for a set of 4.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160956370601?item=160956370601&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123&vxp=mtr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I just picked up a set of 2012 stock Juke wheels, tires & tire pressure monitoring system. I had them put on this morning and they make the car look great!

Les Schwab installed them and when they put the Juke wheels on it set off the tire monitor light on the dash. They just plug in there computer/reader and set it to the Juke wheels and light is out. Car drive & handles much nicer now.

img1136og.jpg

leafmatt said:
I just picked up a set of 2012 stock Juke wheels, tires & tire pressure monitoring system. I had them put on this morning and they make the car look great!

Les Schwab installed them and when they put the Juke wheels on it set off the tire monitor light on the dash. They just plug in there computer/reader and set it to the Juke wheels and light is out. Car drive & handles much nicer now.
Nice... What tires/size did you go with?

leafmatt said:

They look great. People are going to start thinking these were an option if they see too many Leafs with Juke wheels! I think the set up makes the car ride/handle TREMENDOUSLY better. And I've really tried to notice some, but haven't been able to see any change in range because of them. They certainly look much better than the stock Leaf wheels!

Juke stock wheels and tires 215/55/ R17 There is sign that reads out your speed on my way home from my work and what it reads is the same as the speed in the car! So no no calibration needed for the bigger tire. Not sure why:?:

doug401 said:
leafmatt said:

Nice... What tires/size did you go with?

leafmatt said:
Juke stock wheels and tires 215/55/ R17 There is sign that reads out your speed on my way home from my work and what it reads is the same as the speed in the car! So no no calibration needed for the bigger tire. Not sure why:?:

New tires are lower profile, so rolling circumference is more or less the same? That would be my guess.

mwalsh said:
leafmatt said:
New tires are lower profile, so rolling circumference is more or less the same? That would be my guess.
Stock, the LEAF's speedo reads 1-2 mpg high around 60 mph.
The Juke's stock tires are 5.8% larger - if the stock speedo were accurate at 60 mph, you'd actually be going 63.5 mph.

Looks like the two basically cancel themselves out.

Back