New MyNissanLeaf Logo

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EVDRIVER said:
A thread on the logo, really? Just leave it alone and wait for some news worth discussing.

I asked indy to start the thread. Old webmasters don't fade away ...

mynissanleafforum.gif

hodad66 said:
cashu2 said:

I like this one but would "fade" the text shadows more
and perhaps move the shadow a little closer to the text......
I like this one as well. That high angle is really nice. Try a 2 pixel by 2 pixel on the drop shadow. Also, you'll need to reduce the vehicle size a bit and/or move it down. You need to add white space at the top of the logo gif due to the lay out of the website. Here's the original again for reference.

site_logo_original.gif

I think using Leaf instead of LEAF is good, more balanced text, and probably avoids any possibility of having to add a trademark indicator for "LEAF".

The prominant drop-shadow is a distraction and makes it harder to read, in my opinion.

The existing graphic is fine, showing that this forum started "back then". I like that aspect. But I am not a "change for fashion" person, I prefer old, comfortable shoes (or sandals).

However, it really makes no difference to me. It is just a graphic, typically used for almost nothing.

One other thing cashu2, I like the font, but the "y" is a little funky. The descender is fairly shallow, IMO. But also the "y", when used between capital "M" and "N", kinda gets lost. One trick try would be to substitute an Arial "y" of the same pixel width and see if that works. Your font does have some hard angles, the capital "A", for example. So it might work. That would also give you a bit of space between the "M" and "N" and so the "y" would stand out.

Nice! More dynamic. This one is very good. If you felt like screwing around more, have you tried just zooming in on the headlight (whole background is car close up) from this angle - gently fade the blue paint (to white or black) behind the floating logo? Might not even need a fade overlay if the angle and crop is right.

Or

Does it even need a photo of the LEAF? What if the photo was just a new LEAF Symbol of some sort (be cool/unique on a shirt and owned by this site)? Just a thought if your bored.

Nice work!

TRONZ said:
Does it even need a photo of the LEAF? What if the photo was just a new LEAF Symbol
I thought of that but I couldn't find a tight shot of the "LEAF" rear badge. I found a couple off angle shots and a few long shots but nothing usable. It's a simple chrome badge, so it may not work but I would like to try. If you have a LEAF badge close up please post it.

How about using this ? I'll try something this evening with this when I get sometime. I just installed PS last night ....

http://www.nissannews.com/image-gallery.do?method=view&imageGalleryId=113

nov09_LEAF015__mid.jpg

Boomer23 said:
Here's a LEAF badge close-up.

My first attempt at direct posting of an image to the site, so please excuse newby errors.

5054916988_3de9ea3729_m.jpg
Thanks, that's a nice tight shot. It's off angle but certainly salvageable.

evnow said:
How about using this ? I'll try something this evening with this when I get sometime. I just installed PS last night ....

http://www.nissannews.com/image-gallery.do?method=view&imageGalleryId=113

nov09_LEAF015__mid.jpg
That could be an interesting shot. Look's like there's some funky shadows in the logo.

indyflick said:
Thanks, that's a nice tight shot. It's off angle but certainly salvageable.
Is it possible to "level" it, then extend the BlueEarth background to the left, and finally add "MyNissan" immediately adjacent to the left of it (over the BlueEarth background) ?

That would be the main text portion. Add "discussion forum" and photo as before. Done.

BruinLEAFer said:
I think LEAF is an acronym and should be all caps.

what does the acronym mean?; Leading Automobile for our Environmental Future?

**edit** ok so my spelling sucks!!

make it; Leading Environmental Automobile for the Future

Back