New England Leafs?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DNAinaGoodWay said:
West Haven is there, check your filters, you have to check off pay for use to see it.

RI Schnieder says CHAdeMO, but no pic, needs confirmation.

Also, 2 QCs just appeared on UMass Amherst campus.
Thanks for the filter tip. I see it now

NYLEAF said:
I think it's getting that information about the Ford dealer from another database, probably the AFDC website. http://www.afdc.energy.gov/ The station was listed on PlugShare for a while but someone removed it. I doubt it's real, although stranger things have happened. Blink installed QC's at a Ford dealer and 2 Toyota dealers in the Phoenix area, as well as at a Toyota dealer in the San Diego area.

When using ChargePoint's map, I always uncheck "Other Networks", because who knows where that junk is coming from.

Called Crest Ford, per Dave, no QC, only 240 V. They have a Focus EV on the lot too. Complained about the expense of trainings and EVSE installs and diagostic equipment, AND had to pay a fee to Ford to be in the EV program. Definately not happy with going electric. But they sound friendly.

Does anyone know what happened with the Hadley, MA Nissan dealership? It was on plugshare last month with a Chademo and then disappeared entirely before I had a change to go try it out (tips had indicated it was only available during dealership hours only)

Excited about the upcoming UMASS one -- After 25 months of LEAF ownership, a drive from the Berkshires to the mid Pioneer Valley with few compromises (long walks and extra waiting) is nearly within reach.

Country Nissan is still there, it's marked "restricted", go into settings and check that off and you'll see it. You can try them, but they seem to be restricting it to their own customers, only when open, and lock it too. Also, often blocked in. They're doing their best to make us want to get a Model E when they come out.

Spoke with Bill Watts at UMass, it will be available to the public.

If this is true this is exciting news for CT (and those passing through :))

http://www.westportnow.com/index.php?/v2_5/comments/westport_getting_new_ev_charging_stations/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Building Official Steve Smith, who has been spearheading the installation of EV charging stations in Westport, said both stations will open “within a couple of months.” Charging stations now exist at the Metro-North Westport station and at the Tri-Town Teachers Federal Credit Union on Jesup Road.

The new stations will use what is known as level 3 technology, also called “DC Fast Charge,” requiring only 15 minutes to charge 80 percent of the electric car battery capacity, according to Maziar Dalaeli, founder of New York-based IPPsolar LLC.

The solar business is providing the chargers, which Dalaeli said his company is installing in 10 Connecticut communities. In addition to Westport, they include Greenwich, Darien, New Milford, Danbury, Meriden, and Waterbury.

He said an installation in Stamford is complete and will be operational soon. The Connecticut installations will be followed by ones planned for New York and New Jersey, for a total of 30 installations, Dalaeli said.

I like the Meriden and Waterbury locations.

I don't know if this is the place to post this, but if you are in New Britain, the VoTech college has a Level2 charger around back, supposedly 24/7. The school also has a hospitality program, so if you are charging your car around lunchtime, you can get a nice meal for a good price while you wait. It's on Plugshare.

"As to the cost of charging, Daeaeli said EV users will pay for the charge every time they are charging.

“We have not finalized pricing yet, but it will be equal or less than the price of gas,” he said “Thus we can convince the skeptics with a financial argument if they don’t buy the environmental argument.”

OK, now there's two orange markers, and the titles list CHAdeMO, but not in the listings themselves, both say Tesla only, and the one with the photo and the green duplicates are gone.

But, CT could be adding them to this site, like in Darien.

Needs confirmation.

It's probably just Tesla drivers listing the stations as "Quick Charge" so they show up as orange on PlugShare. I wish PlugShare would allow users to mark stations as SuperChargers so Tesla drivers would stop giving false hope to Leaf drivers...

Plugshare now shows chademo in Danbury CT... However, I am pretty confident it's just level 2. There's a youtube vid of the dedication ceremony and it's clearly level 2 :-(

Gov. Patrick announces $2500 CA style rebate, to be running sometime this summer:

http://www.telegram.com/article/20140327/NEWS/303279703/1116?app=noRedirect" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

At ceremony praising Worcesters six new all electric buses!

Added, another link: http://sierraclub.typepad.com/compass/2014/03/lots-more-evs-coming-soon-to-massachusetts.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Price Chopper Supermarkets promised to add several more stores to the two they had with L-2 free charging in the Albany area, as stores were remodeled. Their store in Latham NY is now reopened, and according to their Customer Service people, there are now two free stations right in front of the store. I'm going to try one out this weekend, as it's on my commute and I usually grocery shop on the way home from work. This would mark the first station I use where I don't just sit in the car and wait - I'll actually be multi-tasking.

Meanwhile, the progressive, member-owned (in theory) food Co-Op (Honest Weight) in Albany is still ignoring (as in not even responding to) my suggestions for an L-2 charging station or two. They are also discouraging unionization at the store. The 21st century isn't what I expected, I'm afraid... Anyway, grocery stores are probably the single most practical places to put L-2 charging facilities, as people are going there to do something else for an hour or so anyway.

Back