New 2013 SV not completing the 100% charge.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cracovian

It stops with 40 minutes to go, 275 gids in total, the third charging light never stops blinking and it just sits there with 40 minutes to go forever.

Another thing I've discovered is that it will complete the 80% charge and it will stop but the override button has no effect and it will not get past 80. It will remain and stop at 80 unless I change it to 100% in the car settings (but it hangs at about 97.5% as mentioned...)

It sucks; any guesses or tips before I take it back?

cwerdna said:
How long are you waiting?

Using L1 or L2?

I was using various L2s including my blink at home. I also hooked it up to the QC and it wouldn't charge it any further beyond the 275 gids that I got on L2 next to the QC. The third light blinks, there's no more energy going in but it doesn't stop the charge either. The longest I had it sitting with "40 minutes to go" might have been 4 hours (took 2 hours to reach 275 gids and another 4 hours of blinking and charging to remain at 275 until I just unplugged it.)

Hope that Blink doesn't have a defective Rema handle (which will overheat and melt itself and your inlet). Or, hopefully Blink turned down the output as a band-aid...

That is weird though. The 3 blue lights definitely do go out when I charge to 100% using the Chargepoint L2 208 volt EVSEs at work.

I was curious because of the known ramp down and bumps at the end on the '13, which are different than that of the pre-'13 Leafs. See http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=338038#p338038" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

275 GIDS and still not 100%? I got my LEAF 12/4/2013, manufacture date 10/13, and got Leaf Spy Pro three days ago. My max GIDS has been 267, SOC max 97.26, AHr 61.305. Today fully charged showed just 19.8 KwH available, yesterday was 20.5. Sounds like you are at 100% but the computer doesn't agree.

Like you said, it seems the computer doesn't agree... I can't believe they don't test this kind of basic stuff before it leaves the factory... My radioactive 2012 has been good, not a single issue and 260 gids after 2+ years. This new sucker may be cheap but it feels that way too and, oh, the passenger heated seat is broken just now. Screw this...

You're not the first from GA to have a problem.

I think they are putting them together too fast and missing things.

Back