Need A Free EV Charging Station at work ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KJD

Looks like a great way to get an EVSE at your place of work. Must apply in the next 30 days.

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1079118_need-an-electric-car-charging-station-at-work-heres-one-for-free" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The only gotcha that I can see is you still have pay for installation, but still a killer deal.

KJD said:
The only gotcha that I can see is you still have pay for installation, but still a killer deal.

There are still monthly networking and transaction fees. This is about as "free" as cable TV.

From the Chargepoint America FAQ:
Will charging station owners be required to pay any service, network or transaction fees through the ChargePoint America program?
There are two types of fees associated with running a public electric charging infrastructure. The Network Standard Service Fee is the monthly fee for any charging station connected to the ChargePoint Network. Being connected to the ChargePoint Network is important so the station owner has visibility to all of his/her charging stations whether they are in one location or multiple locations. In addition, you (or we) can troubleshoot your charging station from a distance and rectify problems without needing to be onsite. Through the ChargePoint Network portals you have access to significant statistics of your charging stations for utilization, energy usage, etc. Transaction fees are charged to the owner when the station is used to generate revenue for the station owner. These are costs associated with billing, credit card validation and processing, and other administrative costs. Up until December 2013, Coulomb Technologies will pay the Network Standard Service Fee for all participating owners from program funds. This applies as long as the owner meets the contractual commitments, including meeting the installation date and providing the data required by the DOE. Transaction fees will be applied during the entire program. Transaction fees are only charged to owners who require drivers to pay for station use, as there are costs to Coulomb Technologies for these transactions and the station owner is presumably making a profit on the use.

Back