Nearest charger = useless

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Galiano

I live near Victoria BC on the Saanich Peninsula. Between where I live and Victoria there are perhaps 10 level 2 public charging stations. The problem is that a shorter distance across an inlet of ocean there are charging stations that are closer as the crow flies ( but my Leaf doesn't fly ! )

This makes the charging station locator almost useless. We don't have a cell phone so Plugshare is not an option.

I'm wondering if there is some way of deleting or editing stations.

Galiano said:
This makes the charging station locator almost useless. We don't have a cell phone so Plugshare is not an option.
You should get one. I find that the charging station locator and its UI as part of Carwings are pretty clunky. I basically almost never use it other than to play with it.

If I go somewhere where I might need charging, I try to plan ahead by looking stations up on Plugshare on my PC.

They need to do away with the carwings database and just go to plugshare for charging stations. I'm pretty disappointed with just about every feature implemented in the infotainment system. I really wish more car companies would open their systems to community development. A new car these days shouldn't have such an outdated barbaric system.

Back