NASHVILLE TENNESSEE - LEAF

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that is crazy. You won't get the email until tonight around midnight. They seem to be delayed by a day. Of course your date is liable to change again tonight. Who knows. Mine will probably get bumped back to 9/1. Maybe yours will be like mine and adjust back up after a few days.[/quote]

Well, I haven't gotten an email for ANY of my DB estimate updates. However, I've gotten emails from Nissan USA for "Nissan LEAF Home Charging Dock Survey" after I got my EVSE installed. So it's not an issue of their emails getting sent to Spam, they just must not be sending them.

My dealer gave me a call about 30 minutes ago, but I was in a meeting, so I'll give him a call later and see what he has for me. I'll keep you updated.[/quote]

I'm looking forward to hearing what your dealer has to say. As far as the email goes, you only get one if your date changes by more than 14 days which yours has. The others are minute changes so Nissan doesn't consider them important enough to send an email.

More BLINK commercial charging stations are now available in Nashville Metro area:

I took a little detour of about 25 miles this morning to go by the Loveless Café at
8400 Tennessee 100
Nashville, TN 37221-4012
(615) 646-9700

to check out there new BLINK Commercial Charging Station setup that was put in last week there.

It is great and at a good location but - guess what our ICE friends did not give a d... about the parking slots to be only used by EVs - So I opted for pulling behind the chargers next to the transformer and plugged in to get ready to have me some "feed". Well just in case you guys are planning on making your 'stop over' there for some lunch, the please be forwarned - they have usually a 1 hour wait.

I have posted the pictures on my blog (https://ralphmc.wordpress.com/) again. Since I have not been able to post pictures directly to the post I am writing here.

Enjoy Ralph

ralphmc said:
More BLINK commercial charging stations are now available in Nashville Metro area:

I took a little detour of about 25 miles this morning to go by the Loveless Café...

I went there last week and was surprised at the same thing! There was a jeep in front of the charger... and i'm pretty sure it wasn't an EV lol. Maybe loveless can put up a sign saying "For Electric Vehicles Only."

Also, like Ralph said... there's a wait. When we went (Sunday lunch), we were told it was a 3 hour wait. So be aware of longer waits on the weekend. You can call ahead and reserve seats up to an hour early, though.

Thanks for all the updates, Ralph. I'm glad you're posting pictures and addresses, if you mind me asking, how are you finding these places? I don't imagine that you are just aimlessly driving around Nashville trying to find them. Was there anything in the paper or news about it? Or are they all listed on the Blink site now?

So little update on my delivery estimate shifting. So I finally did receive an email notifying me that the delivery had shifted... although, it came much later than when the change actually occurred. I spoke to my dealer on the phone, and all he had to say is that he saw the same thing I did. Only (possible) good news he gave me was that at this point, the estimate is likely to change quite a few more times. My dealer had 9 deliveries slated for July, however, 3 (one of which is mine) were all shifted into late August. I have no accessories to add, so the only explanation of the setback is transportation/hold-up at the port?

Guess it'll get here when it gets here.

On the plus side, I requested a Blink RFID card through their site on Monday and received it today. Very nice. The little fold-out package it came in states "Printed with soy inks on 100% post consumer recycled, compostable paper."

Almost forgot to mention, I was also pleasantly surprised to see a nicely wrapped LEAF sitting outside an MBA fair I attended this afternoon. Appeared to be VIN 3352 and it had June tags.

EV Link Charging Solution
Schneider Electric Careers

I should have gotten a picture from the back too. The graphics looked pretty slick. BTW, if anyone is wondering, it is advertising for Schneider Electric's charging solutions.

There was a press release about Schneider Electric's 1MW solar field in Smyrna that just got up and running in the past few weeks.

Interesting read here.

If you watch the video... please note, not all of us from Tennessee sound like that. :oops:

Things have been extremely busy since I picked up my new Leaf at Carlock Nissan of Jackson, TN on July 12. Regarding our earlier discussion on the Nissan Gold Preferred Extended Warranty, I asked the finance manager at Carlock for pricing on the 84 month/70,000 mile Gold Preferred. He offered to sell it to me at his cost $1970. I said we have quotes on MNL forum for $803 and one of the quotes is from another Nissan dealer in Tennessee in the Nashville area. He said I can not match that price, go purchase it if you can. I called Rob at the Gallatin Nissan location and bought it from him for $816 plus tax. Rob said that after July 1st his manager increased the price from $803 to $816. Compared to $1970 that was a super deal. Thanks guys for the tip on pricing. Very pleased with the car. Worth the wait of 14 months from reservation date.
Leggedo

Leggedo said:
Things have been extremely busy since I picked up my new Leaf at Carlock Nissan of Jackson, TN on July 12. Regarding our earlier discussion on the Nissan Gold Preferred Extended Warranty, I asked the finance manager at Carlock for pricing on the 84 month/70,000 mile Gold Preferred. He offered to sell it to me at his cost $1970. I said we have quotes on MNL forum for $803 and one of the quotes is from another Nissan dealer in Tennessee in the Nashville area. He said I can not match that price, go purchase it if you can. I called Rob at the Gallatin Nissan location and bought it from him for $816 plus tax. Rob said that after July 1st his manager increased the price from $803 to $816. Compared to $1970 that was a super deal. Thanks guys for the tip on pricing. Very pleased with the car. Worth the wait of 14 months from reservation date.
Leggedo

Aww, that's my Rob. FYI, Newton Nissan of Gallatin's number is 615-451-6827 if anyone else needs it.

Jwallace/anyone still awaiting delivery,

Any other changes on your estimate delivery? This morning I logged in and I was changed from week of August 23, to week of July 28. Quite a jump... especially since this IS the week of July 28th.

I suppose being an Eagle Scout has taught me to be prepared... down payment and insurance are ready... now if its happening this week or in August, we'll just have to wait and find out.

TNleaf said:
Jwallace/anyone still awaiting delivery,

Any other changes on your estimate delivery? This morning I logged in and I was changed from week of August 23, to week of July 28. Quite a jump... especially since this IS the week of July 28th.

I suppose being an Eagle Scout has taught me to be prepared... down payment and insurance are ready... now if its happening this week or in August, we'll just have to wait and find out.

Lol you're on the ball! I'll ask Justin about it when I see him today.

kelseypost said:

Thanks, Kelsey.

Justin did give me a call last week when it got pushed out to week of August 23rd, he had said a few others that were slated for July had too. Maybe he'll get an unexpected delivery today or tomorrow :D

TNleaf said:
kelseypost said:

Thanks, Kelsey.

Justin did give me a call last week when it got pushed out to week of August 23rd, he had said a few others that were slated for July had too. Maybe he'll get an unexpected delivery today or tomorrow :D

Well it looks like Justin knows the same as you do. He got the same message, with no additional details. Although he did day that since the date got changed back to this week, he thinks it will more than likely stay at this week, and not get pushed back again. That's the unofficial word on the street ;)

I'll be watching the delivery trucks as they come in now... i'm anxious for you! What color should I be watching for?

kelseypost said:
TNleaf said:
kelseypost said:

Thanks, Kelsey.

Well it looks like Justin knows the same as you do. He got the same message, with no additional details. Although he did day that since the date got changed back to this week, he thinks it will more than likely stay at this week, and not get pushed back again. That's the unofficial word on the street ;)

I'll be watching the delivery trucks as they come in now... i'm anxious for you! What color should I be watching for?

Haha, nice! It's a silver Leaf. 5818 (last 4 of the VIN in case you get a close look) Thanks!

Btw, the Polar Bear picture on the fbook page is awesome.

TNLeaf....So far my DB has held steady at week of Aug 4th. I had that one day change from Aug 4 to Aug 5 then Aug 11 and then the next day back to Aug 4th. So not sure what all that means. Nissan CS still swears it's in LB and that it should ship to the dealer today or tomorrow. We'll see. That's great your bumped back to this week! I'm in the same boat. Just on stand by. I hate that I will be out of town all next week, which is no doubt when it will come in with my luck.

jwallace3 said:
TNLeaf....So far my DB has held steady at week of Aug 4th. I had that one day change from Aug 4 to Aug 5 then Aug 11 and then the next day back to Aug 4th. So not sure what all that means. Nissan CS still swears it's in LB and that it should ship to the dealer today or tomorrow. We'll see. That's great your bumped back to this week! I'm in the same boat. Just on stand by. I hate that I will be out of town all next week, which is no doubt when it will come in with my luck.

I'll be out of town in 2 weeks, so if I do get it this or next week, it won't leave me too much time to play with it! I'm not sure if that'll be more painful than waiting for delivery or not.

(BTW I borrowed your color scheme on your signature for blink install/est delivery haha, hope you don't mind!)

At least if your car does arrive at the dealer on the 4-5th, it'll give them enough time to detail it and get all the paperwork together before you come in. The last thing I want to do is show up before my dealer has all the ducks in a row and then end up causing more frustration than needed. I can't imagine your car being very far behind mine. Have you spoken to your dealer about any trucks they may be expecting?

TNleaf said:
jwallace3 said:

I'll be out of town in 2 weeks, so if I do get it this or next week, it won't leave me too much time to play with it! I'm not sure if that'll be more painful than waiting for delivery or not.

(BTW I borrowed your color scheme on your signature for blink install/est delivery haha, hope you don't mind!)

At least if your car does arrive at the dealer on the 4-5th, it'll give them enough time to detail it and get all the paperwork together before you come in. The last thing I want to do is show up before my dealer has all the ducks in a row and then end up causing more frustration than needed. I can't imagine your car being very far behind mine. Have you spoken to your dealer about any trucks they may be expecting?

I have spoken to my dealer via email just a few hours ago. Basically said he didn't know any more than I did, but if it came in earlier than expected then he would for sure let me know.

And NO I don't care about the signature. :) Now yours is easier to read as well. I changed it up a little after I figured our how so it was easier for others to notice the relevant info.

So hopefully by tomorrow night, I'll be driving my new Nissan LEAF home from Newton Nissan of Gallatin. Justin gave me the call today (I missed the call while walking my dog) and left a message saying that the car has arrived and that I could schedule to pick it up tomorrow night.

:mrgreen: is how I look right now (probably). This is all I'm going to be thinking about at work tomorrow, haha!

TNleaf said:
So hopefully by tomorrow night, I'll be driving my new Nissan LEAF home from Newton Nissan of Gallatin. Justin gave me the call today (I missed the call while walking my dog) and left a message saying that the car has arrived and that I could schedule to pick it up tomorrow night.

:mrgreen: is how I look right now (probably). This is all I'm going to be thinking about at work tomorrow, haha!

Man that's great! Hope you do get to pick it up today. Too bad mine wasn't on the same truck :( Seeing how Rivergate is just a few miles away, I figured they'd be in the same delivery route. Checked my DB this morning. Still holding steady.

TNleaf said:

:lol: Good for you ! I ordered since OCT 2010 and am still waiting. Hopefully it will come soon. Estimate delivery date Wk of JUL 25. Now passed ;)

Back