MyNissanLeaf.com License plate frame?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know what happened to it, I definitely didn't get it back - strange!
Well I think I'll just order them...

Should they be black text on white, or white text on black?

Plug In America has some license plate frames, including "Drivin' on Sunshine," "100% Electric," and "Dump the Pump!"

Available at http://www.cafepress.com/PlugInAmerica/7661550.

And while your looking, a good time to join Plug In America. www.pluginamerica.org

Hmm, I'm not sure about the cafepress frames. I'd be afraid that they cover the Oregon stickers on the bottom left and bottom right of my license plate.

We have been trying to come up with something since March, I am going to order something July 1 if we do not have a forum plate by then, I am thinking of 100% Electric ??? any ideas??

Well I'm determined to have the real McCoy. Wxxyz just had a baby, so I figure this hasn't been top priority. I'll just have to be frame-less until it comes.

Hey Guys,

I used to do graphic design in my early days, but now I mainly CAD design/ reverse engineering, when I'm not cruising around in my Leaf.

I'd like to design a plate to help support the forum, and I can contact some ppl to get bulk pricing to support the forums. I can also help setup an online store for the forum if needed.

I'll take measurements today and start contacting suppliers

If you guys want to support the forums - pls hold off on ordering your plate covers.

I live in the "Live Free Or Die" state; New Hampshire. When I get my LEAF I am going to have to have the top line say "Live Oil Free Or Die", since most of the license plate frames cover that slogan.

nhEMF.jpg

That isn't what I am going to put on my vanity plate just an example... :D

Sorry - I guess I haven't been doing a good enough job of keeping you updated. We've put an order in for white text on black license plate frames.

The top line says 'MyNissanLeaf.com' and the bottom line says '100% Electric'

They should be ready to ship out in a few weeks.

Mike

Mike,

I spent some time this 3day weekend to work on the logo and spoke with some license plate vendors.

Here's the logo:

Untitled-1.jpg

Open to feedback. ( the background will be white - for the plates we would just use the two-color, long example, and for the site top left could work well)

Here's what I designed in CAD-

The plug might need to get flattened in order to get the costs of mold making cheaper.

also the .com can be put right below the logo - and make the mynissanleaf bigger.

plate3D.png

And I the BEST part,

You can should be able to buy the plate frame with ANY custom text on the bottom

IE:
plate3D_custom%252520text.png

plate3D_custom%252520text_close_up.png

Ronny

ronnyguru said:

Very nice.

While your idea for the M is nice - it looks too much like an elephant for me ... that too a Republican one ;-) I guess, I can overlook that.

It seems to me that this solution may be trying to do too much. The "e" in the m, the fancy font, the 3-D plug, the (possibly) two colors, the tiny ".com" - seem excessive for a license plate frame. There's a saying, "60 at 60," which means "it should look good from 60 feet at 60 mile per hour." The nuances of this design not only will be lost unless the vehicle is parked, but may actually cloud the message. It might look nice on something stationary, like a coffee mug or a picture frame, but I think a simpler design, including the crisp, easy-to-read font currently used for MyNissanLeaf, would be preferable for a license frame.

BTW, how much will these custom, limited quantity, 3-D frames cost?

I don't mean to denigrate your efforts, Ronny, so I hope you'll take this as nothing more than one person's (hopefully) constructive criticism.

Glenn

Glenn said:
It seems to me that this solution may be trying to do too much. The "e" in the m, the fancy font, the 3-D plug, the (possibly) two colors, the tiny ".com" - seem excessive for a license plate frame. There's a saying, "60 at 60," which means "it should look good from 60 feet at 60 mile per hour." The nuances of this design not only will be lost unless the vehicle is parked, but may actually cloud the message. It might look nice on something stationary, like a coffee mug or a picture frame, but I think a simpler design, including the crisp, easy-to-read font currently used for MyNissanLeaf, would be preferable for a license frame.

BTW, how much will these custom, limited quantity, 3-D frames cost?

I don't mean to denigrate your efforts, Ronny, so I hope you'll take this as nothing more than one person's (hopefully) constructive criticism.

Glenn

Glenn,
We can get rid of the e, i think that would work well - clean things up a bit, also maybe we keep it all the same font and just the M look like the plug -

The .com is small on purpose - didn't want to waste real-estate on the .com

logooptions.png

Here's some different flavors.

For most places the logo would be in color, but it's also important for the logo to look good in 1bit color

Open to feedback.
IMO - I like the 4th one up from the bottom.
I think the last one is too plain , looks like we just typed in the text MyNissanLEAF.com
I like "e" in the plug "M" - it works for me ,

-Ronny

Back