My Super Black 2012 Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BEVeedom

Leasing a 2012 SL for 24 months, 12K miles/year. $1999 down, $199/month. No other fees and down payment includes 1st month's $199 payment. Nissan of Bowie, MD. Super black SL model. Had the car for one week now and love it. Level II charger is in route from Home Depot (online, $750). Only 1 public charger (Level II) in my county at Wal-Greens, 20 miles away. Took it to a car show last Friday, lot's of looks, questions, and even a debate or two. Fun. Will wait 2 years to see evolvement of range, charging time, cost, competition, and a lower cost de-contented model. Thought I better move on this great lease deal in case the dream of profitable EV transportation fades for manufacturers. Making room for the "Built in America" '13 models.

Congratulations! Sweet deal on a sweet car! Wishing you many, safe, oil/gas-free miles of enjoyment!

BEVeedom said:
Only 1 public charger (Level II) in my county at Wal-Greens, 20 miles away.

Did a PlugShare search centered on Bowie Nissan, and came up with 19 level II Chargers.
If you don't have the plugshare app, get it.
It can really save your bacon if you are looking at the big turtle.

Lots of chargers (EVSE's sorry) to the northwest of Bowie.
Just about at the range you might need a few Joules.

Good Luck.

Congrats! You received a great deal, what type of car did you have before?

Oh, a 2002 Buick Century Custom with 74,000 miles that got 30 mpg hwy with it's 3.1V6 auto. I sold it and paid my down payment and 8 months of my lease. Saving so much on gasoline and driving the future, yea, that's a good deal. I just received my "99 MPG" sign from mpg stickers.com, which I display on my back glass since many people don't realize that this is a BEV.

KillaWhat said:
Did a PlugShare search centered on Bowie Nissan, and came up with 19 level II Chargers.

Yea, but I live 20 miles south of Bowie, it's just my closest Nissan dealer. I have CarWings on my Sat-Nav.

Back