My first charge

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Galiano

I picked up our new 2013 Leaf SL pearl white a couple of days ago and not having my charger yet, after some driving, I had to trickle charge the battery. It went well. I plugged in around 2 pm and next morning it was full up. The car now says 147 kms. ( I'm in Canada ) My question is this - is 147 km going to be the full charge every time I charge ? Or will that number change ?

Thanks for your help. There is a lot to learn about my new Leaf !

That number will change. It will also change as you drive. It is based on how you are driving, or, if you are just starting out, how you drove it last time. It is just a guess (and not a very good one at that).

Galiano said:
I picked up our new 2013 Leaf SL pearl white a couple of days ago and not having my charger yet, after some driving, I had to trickle charge the battery. It went well. I plugged in around 2 pm and next morning it was full up. The car now says 147 kms. ( I'm in Canada ) My question is this - is 147 km going to be the full charge every time I charge ? Or will that number change ?

Thanks for your help. There is a lot to learn about my new Leaf !

The number will change pretty much every time you charge unless your energy efficiency is exactly the same each time you drive. The Guess-O-Meter (the one that gives you the range value) is based on a combination of your prior energy efficiency the last time you drove your car and your battery's current capacity. Basically it's a guess at the range available to you IF you drive at the same efficiency you did yesterday. That's why it's really helpful to reset the efficiency meter each time you drive, so you know how that affects your range.

Never believe the DTE meter (Guess-o-Meter)! It's just a computer calculation based upon your driving style & energy consumption on your trips. Expect about 6.5-7 miles per fuel bar with efficient driving (pretty accurate for me; see Tony Williams' range chart @ http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=101293#p101293" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). Also, 80% charge is best for the battery pack (timer settings are very useful). You'll find lots of helpful info on this forum using the Search field near the top of the page.

Please add your location to your profile to help everyone provide you with appropriate guidance, as well. Enjoy your new LEAF! :)

welcome to the cult of EV - and enjoy your koolaid
:D

Lots of helpfull folks here. Try & ignore the rest of 'em - folks worried about your grammar - sentence structure - syntax - proper paragraph - run on sentences, placement of posts in the proper catagory, failure to check if the question is already asked & answered, and my favorite ... improper use of kW versus kWh's. The forum nazis ... know who you are
;)

Back