my commute just sextupled. My leaf still goes like a champ

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnrhansen

The good old days of my 5 mile commute is over. Now I need to drive 30 to the everett bieing plant. Even with the heat on and it raining cats and dogs I still made it both ways using 79 percent charge total. I left home with 100. Thats at 3.4 miles per kwh. Pretty good. For now my car is great. I bet eventuslly I will have to stop at magic nissan on my way home to charge. Hope they don't get tired if seeing me the same time every day.

Unless it's a lot of highway, I doubt you'll ever get to the point of NOT being able to make the RT. You may have to dial back on the heat at some point, but you can probably manage without any extra diversions.

yeah it's 30 miles one way. This morning I started at 100 percent, and arrived at 56. These cold wet mornings with so much standing water really suck up the range.

Yeah, you may be cold for a bit, but you should be able to make that in the cold. During the summer, you will still have probably about half a charge left!

Standing water really does put a drag on the car. I like the way this car has made me so much more acutely aware of the effect of weather and terrain on travel. Kind of a back-to-basics lifestyle change.

johnrhansen, I hear ya, I use to have to do the drive from the Rtn plant to the Evt plant twice a week for the first year and a half that I had my Leaf (2011-2012). Combined w/ my commute to Rtn and picking up a co-worker in the mornings it was a 92 miles of driving. I use to charge at the Kirkland Fred Meyer and occasionally at Magic Nissan once they had their DCQCs but prior to both of them I had to use the Fred Meyer in Lynnwood and wait it out. The DCQCs made a big difference in what the commute was like. Winter driving was challenging, I utilized Harbor Freight handheld heaters hooked up to power tool batteries to heat the cabin just to avoid having to do a DCQC twice on those really cold days. My co-worker was always a good sport about. I'm only driving to meetings in Evt now about once a month so I don't take the Leaf anymore. I probably could have avoided the need for DCQCs most of the time if the lots where I parked allowed me to plug into 120V.

Back