My cars

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlennD

I really loved both Leaf's. Every thing is relative. After eighteen months I love my B better. I am very happy I switched. TO NOT GET ME DOWN, THE LEAF STANDS ON ITS OWN BUT I LIKE THE B BETTER. The thing I hated was the utter deprecation of the Leaf. It remains to be seen what the B does but on a lease but I will just turn it in.

There are many cars on the horizon that will exceed both cars. That is the beauty of a lease.

I liked my Leaf, but in some ways I like the eGolf better. The VW doesn't drive like an appliance, the stock stereo is much better, and it seems to go further on the same 24 kWH battery. It's also much better looking.

The Nissan had more comfortable seating position, a nicer (and larger) infotainment screen, and aside from an issue that turned out to be not the car's fault (dash cam wiring interfering with TPMS signal) never gave me a single reason to return to the dealer for anything but yearly servicing.

RonDawg said:
I liked my Leaf, but in some ways I like the eGolf better. The VW doesn't drive like an appliance, the stock stereo is much better, and it seems to go further on the same 24 kWH battery. It's also much better looking.

The Nissan had more comfortable seating position, a nicer (and larger) infotainment screen, and aside from an issue that turned out to be not the car's fault (dash cam wiring interfering with TPMS signal) never gave me a single reason to return to the dealer for anything but yearly servicing.

I have to agree. My first Leaf was utterly reliable but boring. The second one had a power problem that the mechanic blaimed on my ham radio. It did not matter that a relay totally removed power when off.

Consumer Reports ranks the VW much higher than the Mercedes. Their testing is just for the basic functionality. To them the luxury features of the B do not count.

If I wanted an utterly reliable basic car I would be driving a Corolla.

GlennD said:
I really loved both Leaf's. Every thing is relative. After eighteen months I love my B better. I am very happy I switched. TO NOT GET ME DOWN, THE LEAF STANDS ON ITS OWN BUT I LIKE THE B BETTER. The thing I hated was the utter deprecation of the Leaf. It remains to be seen what the B does but on a lease but I will just turn it in.

There are many cars on the horizon that will exceed both cars. That is the beauty of a lease.

The whole car situation is in flux. It is really good to lease your car. By the time my lease expires there will be many choices. I would like to stick with Mercedes cut who knows. I certainly am not wedded to any make. Like I said, until I encountered the Mercedes B I was happy with my Leaf. Everything is relative.

Back