My 2013 Leaf S LEASE- How Did I Do?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hsujohn said:
ok, thanks for correcting us, the original poster never replied to his pm and posts anymore, which makes it really strange....... sorry for people went and couldn't get the same deal

Sorry but I don't frequent this forum very often...As long as I can drive to work and back on one charge.. I'm a happy man. And for the record (unless I don't know how to use my account) I have ZERO messages...

hsujohn said:
36 month Lease
15K Miles
$2000 TOTAL PAID AT SIGNING
$200/Month TOTAL INCLUDING taxes etc

Which lease do you think is better?

if you don't mind sharing, May I ask:

You leased a basic leaf S or?
Which dealer in CA did you go with?
Did you get VPP pricing PLUS $1,000 bonus cash for been a 12' leaf owner?
Did State ask you to return the $2500 back to them since you didn't own the car more than 3 years?
What's your money factor in this lease?

thank you very much for sharing the infos

Yes I went for the basic Leaf. Standard charger as well.. a lot of the Leaf's came pre-installed with the upgraded charger which was an $1300 option.
As I mentioned I went to Carson Nissan
I did NOT get VPP pricing
I chose a 3 year lease to specifically take advantage of the $2500 rebate which I cashed about a week ago.
I do not know the Money Factor in the Lease... I know people say don't go off of monthly payment and down in a lease... but that's exactly what I did :eek:

jk6 said:
While we're OT, Carson Nissan continues to seem extremely sketchy. In dealing with them (specifically, Irvin), they constantly pulled dealer shenanigans. I called for a quote, and was harassed by Irvin through text message and phone calls from his colleagues. When I decided to get my Leaf elsewhere, I suspect he gave my phone number also to other dealerships saying I was interested in hearing back from them about other cars because this all happened in the same day.

Stay away.

I think a salesperson texting and calling you is someone doing his/her job. Its a car dealership for crying out loud... name of the game my friend.

TBag said:
I just got a 2013 Leaf SL with BOSE stereo and surround view package for 3800 down, 115/ month and 15K/year for 2 years, residual value 22K. Oh yeah, I'm in oregon so no taxes either.

Don't think you can beat that...

Woohoo, after reading the latest posts, its clear that nobody is even close to getting as good a deal as I did. The OP has his/her answer to the question , "How'd I do." The honest answer is not too good...

I think a salesperson texting and calling you is someone doing his/her job. Its a car dealership for crying out loud... name of the game my friend.

Its not just them doing thier job. Any car salesman has 1 primary objective: To change the image of a car salesman from "consummate doushe bag" to "sort of human." Lawyers, tow truck drivers, ticket scalpers, mechanics, and car salesman all feed off the souls of the downtrodden. Meth whores are a couple of orders of magnitude better than these guys.

TBag said:

Not if you specifically tell them you will only discuss/negotiate via e-mail.

RustyHook, wait, really? The name of the game is for a salesman is to harass you by giving your number to unrelated dealerships so that you get calls about Toyota SUVs from a Toyota dealership when you're only interested in the Nissan LEAF?

TBag said:
TBag said:
I just got a 2013 Leaf SL with BOSE stereo and surround view package for 3800 down, 115/ month and 15K/year for 2 years, residual value 22K. Oh yeah, I'm in oregon so no taxes either.

Woohoo, after reading the latest posts, its clear that nobody is even close to getting as good a deal as I did. The OP has his/her answer to the question , "How'd I do." The honest answer is not too good...

He capitalized Bose...LOL... :lol:

jk6 said:
RustyHook, wait, really? The name of the game is for a salesman is to harass you by giving your number to unrelated dealerships so that you get calls about Toyota SUVs from a Toyota dealership when you're only interested in the Nissan LEAF?

Your assumption of a dealership doing this is now a reality? Proof? I'm not saying they didn't.. but your argument is based on the fact that they did.. My point was focused on the calling/texting... these people live off of potential buyers. Hence when someone is remotely interested in buying.. they do everything they can to get you back in the doo0r

sonnylax said:
TBag said:

Not if you specifically tell them you will only discuss/negotiate via e-mail.

Why give them your real phone number if you primarily want to communicate via email... "Here's my phone number.. but don't call me"... lol..That makes no sense.

TBag said:

Its not just them doing thier job. Any car salesman has 1 primary objective: To change the image of a car salesman from "consummate doushe bag" to "sort of human." Lawyers, tow truck drivers, ticket scalpers, mechanics, and car salesman all feed off the souls of the downtrodden. Meth whores are a couple of orders of magnitude better than these guys.

Car salesman primary objective is to change the image of a car salesman? Are you serious?????..My apologies for bursting your bubble but their primary objective is to SELL CARS...and they do that by following up on LEADS...How did you negotiate such a "stellar deal" while being so naive at the same time?

Im not saying what they do is right/wrong/appropriate/honest/fair... what I did say is that its the ...Name of the game. As a consumer its up to you not to be a sucker...and not just hope and pray that people do the right thing.

TBag said:
TBag said:

Does Oregon offer a rebate like CA for a 3 year lease?

According to my math (assuming no rebate), your 2 year cost is $6560 ($3800 down + 115/mo X 2 years).
OP 3 year cost is $6700 ($2000 down - $2500 rebate + 200/mo X 3 years). That comes out to $4467 after 2 years.

OP deal sounds good to me.

rfp said:
TBag said:
TBag said:

According to my math (assuming no rebate), your 2 year cost is $6560 ($3800 down + 115/mo X 2 years).
OP 3 year cost is $6700 ($2000 down - $2500 rebate + 200/mo X 3 years). That comes out to $4467 after 2 years.

RFP....funny you mention this. I had typed what you wrote almost to the word but for some reason erased it despite TBags attempt to take a dig at me... Anyway you are correct on your calculations..
TBag's stellar deal has him spending almost $90 a month out of pocket, more than the deal I secured...

But wait.... He's got a BOSE system and surround view cameras... ;)

I just got a Leaf SV with Premium Package last weekend for $284/month x 24 months including all taxes and fees (Georgia). 12k miles/year. Zero down.

I called all the Nissan dealerships in the Atlanta area (8+) and exclusively negotiated on the phone. Some dealers were willing to play ball, others were not. One dealer told me it would be $560/month! I was very picky about color/options so got a good but not the best deal possible. Keeping my fingers crossed about the $5000 Georgia state tax credit.

rfp said:
TBag said:
TBag said:

There is a $6,000+ difference in price on these cars. Base S vs top of the line SL. Also, rebates aren't available everywhere. They are technically available in my state, but the funding has been used up so I can't benefit from it. You should compare lease deal negotiation without tax credits. If he had gotten a $2500 rebate he would have a $4000 2 year lease on a top of the line vs $4467 for the OP on a base model. He actually got an amazing deal, though I would have tried to have a smaller down or none to avoid potential loss if the car is totalled out.

I just gotta say, I hate buying a car because of the "usual" experience with the salesman and dealer. This was not the case with Irvin at Carson Nissan. It was so easy and a real pleasure to work with him. They were very honest. I will be back. Highly recommended!

Back