Multiple DC Quick Charges did get a Hot Battery for this guy

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luft said:
I do think you are overly concerned that people will spend the extra time to top up to 100%. As I understand it to get the last 20% a person would have to wait around for another 40 minutes. We're talking about hanging around for almost an extra hour to get the last 50 cents worth of charge. Heck, if I see someone doing that when I need a charge I'll offer them four bits to leave and let me use the station! :)

But (worst case) the driver won't be there.

Knowing he as an hour to kill (or 2 to 3, if its a Tesla 85kWh) he won't be hanging around.

In fact, you'll be wondering, while you wait, if driver will return promptly, when the car reaches 100% charge.

useopenid said:
I don't see any discussion of prices on the AV website; you can still fill out a form there to get the fob from the looks of things. It'll be interesting to see when they tell me to put some money on mine...

That's another thing that I should mention.

When I called, and made clear I wanted the fob, there was no mention of fees, just that hey needed reg info, to send me the fob.

So, after the 5 minutes of giving them my personal info, which they now have, for whatever purpose they choose, they told me about the fee structure, that I posted earlier.

Please post your experience, if you have a better one than I did.

TonyWilliams said:
Luft said:
The price of $2.50 per session seems to be a good pricing point to me. It will allow the EVs to travel across the country for less than the price of gas for a person driving a Prius. This will be a good selling point for EVs in general.

That price point is only possible with free flowing government cash. And lots of it.
These companies did get a LOT of grant money. I think Blink got a 100 million dollar grant. I don't know how much AV got.

So we the tax payers did pay for a lot of the infrastructure that has been installed. If these companies don't have a large investment to recoup they should be able to charge far lower fees and be profitable without more tax payer money.

I don't know what it will cost to install the newer cheaper charging stations. If Nissan does sell them for under $10,000 I suspect that it may cost more to install a station than to buy the hardware. But that's just a guess. Maybe someone with facts on hand can share information.

Also, I think Dave is correct when he suggests that the sessions purchased through the $2.50 prepay plan may have time limits associated with them. Do the sessions for which I prepay expire after a period of time? If so how long? A year? A month? Is AV considering a "roll over" plan like some pay-as-you-go telephone services? All questions I would like answers to.

Luft said:
TonyWilliams said:
Luft said:
The price of $2.50 per session seems to be a good pricing point to me. It will allow the EVs to travel across the country for less than the price of gas for a person driving a Prius. This will be a good selling point for EVs in general.

That price point is only possible with free flowing government cash. And lots of it.
These companies did get a LOT of grant money. I think Blink got a 100 million dollar grant. I don't know how much AV got.

So we the tax payers did pay for a lot of the infrastructure that has been installed. If these companies don't have a large investment to recoup they should be able to charge far lower fees and be profitable without more tax payer money.

Blink / Ecotality is over $120 million now. But, again, you continue to make my point.

Butt-loads of tax money equals the ability to charge some price far cheaper than the actual costs.

Companies without said butt-loads can't compete, therefore likely won't.

Back