MPGe Cost Calculator ( Gas cost vs Electric cost )

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
createthis said:
... We live in the same town. Ha.
Nice to finally see another Chattanoogan on MNL :D
Would be good to update your profile.

Location and miles per year make a lot of difference with usability and total cost of ownership with the LEAF.

Chattanooga initially had a lot of pros.
Lots of DCQC.
But now all are broken except the recently repaired one at Sears at Hamilton place.
But there is a company looking to install five more.

Even with your low miles per year a low cost used LEAF could be tolerable cost for you.
Not as cheap as an efficient self maintained ICE :(
But a lot more fun :D

TimLee said:
createthis said:
... We live in the same town. Ha.
Nice to finally see another Chattanoogan on MNL :D
Would be good to update your profile.

Thanks for the prompt. Done.

TimLee said:
Chattanooga initially had a lot of pros.
Lots of DCQC.
But now all are broken except the recently repaired one at Sears at Hamilton place.
But there is a company looking to install five more.

I was reading about that in another thread. Apparently all the DC quick chargers have maintenance issues. Filters clog, then costly repairs are necessary, or they're just generally unreliable.

People like to say that electrical devices are more reliable than mechanical devices. I've heard that a lot over the years. It CAN be a true statement, but it requires good engineering. Poor engineering can make electrical problems more frequent than mechanical problems and more expensive. The constant failing sensors in my old 2000 Chevy Impala are a great example of that, along with the battery wear on the Leaf and the DCQC issues.

Planned obsolescence is a very real thing. I could see electric cars becoming disposable items, like cell phones, eventually.

Back